Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Shingeki No Kyojin Chapter 60 Discussion / Chapter 61 Predictions

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki No Kyojin Chapter 60 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    Except that Mikasa has never introduced herself to Levi, so he has never heard the Last name Ackerman when Mikasa was present prior to chapter 60.
    I'm sure Levi heard her full name before. Remember Eren's trial? Besides, he used to refer to her as Ackerman back in earlier chapters.

Would be a plot twist if Ackerman was Levi's last name and not Kenny's though

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki No Kyojin Chapter 60 Discussion / Chapter 61 Predictions

Mikasa is in Levi's squad now, or at least under his direct command. He also knows who she is because he's had to acquaint himself with Eren's past. He recognized her as his childhood friend back during the female titan arc, remember. She wasn't even in his squad back then.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    Mikasa is in Levi's squad now, or at least under his direct command. He also knows who she is because he's had to acquaint himself with Eren's past. He recognized her as his childhood friend back during the female titan arc, remember. She wasn't even in his squad back then.
    Of course he knows Mikasa's name, I just wanted to point out that Levi can't have been surprised by Mikasa's last name during their interaction in the Forest of Giant Trees. Still, Levi's reaction makes me think that Kenny never told Levi his last name.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So, anyone starting to miss the Titans? The regular mindless ones? At least they don't go on about how it's for everyones own good when their trying to kill you.

No clue how Levi and Co are getting out of their situation, as they are utterly surrounded and I don't think the trees are thick enough for the 3DMG to let them manuver or escape.

Hange did better, but with Roy being too scared, the situation isn't going to last. Though I can see why it's a good thing for the conspiriacy that radio wasn't invented.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtina View Post
    Guys am I the only one who read the whole 'Ackerman? Is that . . . Kenny's surname?' more like 'No Kenny's surname isn't Ackerman, why did he lie about it?' ??? And then he's like "But I guess he wouldn't tell you something like that. Especially something this important."

So
    • Levi never knew Kenny's surname and that it's Ackerman -- which explains why he wasn't worried about it being mentioned in front of Mikasa
    • Or Levi knows Kenny's surname isn't Ackerman and is surprised -- which is odd because he used to live with this guy and he supposedly taught him everything he knows
    • Or Ackerman is Levi's surname and not Kenny's, so Levi is surprised to see Kenny's using it for himself -- which would be again odd because Levi showed not the slightest reaction to show he knows the name
    • It could be more about Levi's REAL connection to Kenny more than his connection with Mikasa -- which wouldn't explain the "I guess he wouldn't tell you something like that. Especially something this important" part

And now we can ALMOST be sure that
    • Ackerman IS a surname and not a gangname/group name
    • Levi's sometimes odd behavior around Mikasa either has nothing to do with the 'Ackerman' name, or he's very good at hiding his wariness when the guy mentions the name in front of Mikasa
    Guys, you must have misread something: the following sentence wasn't referred to kenny's surname! "something this important" is related to eren and historia's whereabouts: http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/60/14 . You can also check it here: http://imgur.com/a/emW58 ,whose pictures are in a better definition and can be zoomed. Hearing kenny's surname, you can notice that Levi looks at Mikasa, who is surprised too. Then they come back to the main issue,that is eren-historia, levi either is an excellent liar or he just doesn't care about kenny stating/being/pretending to be an ackerman.
    Last edited by mattiaildivino; August 10, 2014 at 02:35 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course he knows Mikasa's name, I just wanted to point out that Levi can't have been surprised by Mikasa's last name during their interaction in the Forest of Giant Trees. Still, Levi's reaction makes me think that Kenny never told Levi his last name.
    Hmm. Look where Levi is looking in this panel (apologies for quality loss here):Seems to me he's hesitating in his speech while looking at her at the same time. For the time being I'm taking that as a hint and leaning toward the idea he knows something about whether what the man said is true or not. It could be go many ways from there, but imo there's something Levi knows that he's not telling (yet). He's been secretive about important details in the past too ("Oh yeah, Historia, I forgot to tell you you're going to become Queen").

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    Guys, you must have misread something: the following sentence wasn't referred to kenny's surname! "something this important" is related to eren and historia's whereabouts: http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/60/14 . You can also check it here: http://imgur.com/a/emW58 ,whose pictures are in a better definition and can be zoomed. Hearing kenny's surname, you can notice that Levi looks at Mikasa, who is surprised too. Then they come back to the main issue,that is eren-historia, levi either is an excellent liar or he just doesn't care about kenny stating/being/pretending to be an ackerman.
    We're talking about the panel above. I also think Levi is reacting to Mikasa hearing something unexpected. What do you think we misread?
    Last edited by kannazuki; August 10, 2014 at 01:12 PM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

We're talking about the panel above. I also think Levi is reacting to Mikasa hearing something unexpected. What do you think we misread?
    in this thread, in the previous page, our members were discussing whether Levi said "he wouldn't tell you something so important" because of the ackerman thing or else. Instead,he only cared about the surname in those 2 panels, afterwards he stated "i guess he wouldn't tell you..." regarding kenny not revealing to the other MP officers eren and historia's whereabouts and Reiss Rod's "hideout".
    I hope it's clear now

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member quoux's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just realized; what if the walls look the way they do... Because they are a transmutation circle O.o

All jokes aside, the Ackerman thing is quite the stumper. Obviously for Mikasa, that would come from her father. Who, speaking of, was stabbed in an area where he would not have been killed immediately, but rather bled out. Anyways, he was rather plain looking in terms of character design, so it's not far fetched that Kenny could be a relative.
    http://ifimdamon.blogspot.com/ <--- My Blog
    http://quoux.deviantart.com/ <--- my deviantart
    "Never wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty; but the pig will enjoy it."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

transmutation circle ?

more like a bullseye for the death star. (damn rebel scum)

and yeah I miss the simple titans
    well I can always listen to the musik
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C97AYu-lFBI
    and image the titans strolling around looking for humans.

Had to look it up since it got me confused too:
    Levi Ackerman (リヴァイ・アッカーマン Rivai Akkāman?, often incorrectly romanized as Rivaille

Cause I read it once as Rivaille Levi...

As a Dexter viewer I also learned that criminals sometime take the names of dead
    persons so that might be a thing...

I wonder if Erwin has something up his sleef some bargaining chip...
    But it's more likely that we get a spectacular rescue during his public
    execution. (I hope)

Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 220kz View Post

I wonder if Erwin has something up his sleef some bargaining chip...
    But it's more likely that we get a spectacular rescue during his public
    execution. (I hope)
    My guess is that he has planned something with Pixis. Or Pixis will change his mind about the revolution and side with the Survey Corps

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooh I forgot about the Garrison! I have no doubt at all Pixis is watching all of this and knows what's really going down (maybe even including Trost). Personally I just don't believe he'll get involved unless he thinks there's a decent chance of winning enough of the citizenry over to side against the monarchy though. If you're like me and think he isn't convinced yet, what do you guys think would convince him? Or if you do believe he's already planning something to help Erwin (or the others) out, how do you think things will go?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ArtIristic's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Pixis might have gambit with Erwin. In chapter 51 Erwin said that "I'll pay off my debts in hell one day" (fantranslation, but close enough) and Pixis follows up with "Will you let me join you in hell when that time comes?".
    Here's the link

Levi was pretty clueless to their conversation, so I don't think he knows anything about their secret gambit. (If it's there at all.)
    Erwin does seem to have a backup gambit, like in the Female Titan arc.

Now, I certainly don't want Pixis to storm in through the door and delivers some sappy speech about liberty, equality and... booze. And Erwin goes free.

I'm guessing he's on standby mode and when the Walls inevitably gets breached again, he'll work together with the Survey Corps to hold off the Titans.
    〜Nano desu~※☆✕

Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. Look where Levi is looking in this panel (apologies for quality loss here):Seems to me he's hesitating in his speech while looking at her at the same time. For the time being I'm taking that as a hint and leaning toward the idea he knows something about whether what the man said is true or not. It could be go many ways from there, but imo there's something Levi knows that he's not telling (yet). He's been secretive about important details in the past too ("Oh yeah, Historia, I forgot to tell you you're going to become Queen").

Hmmmm, now that I think of it, it may be that Levi knows Kenny's last name, but is pretending he doesn't. Maybe Kenny is really related to Mikasa and Levi doesn't want Mikasa to know how messed up an actual member of her family is.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nishin0's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm, now that I think of it, it may be that Levi knows Kenny's last name, but is pretending he doesn't. Maybe Kenny is really related to Mikasa and Levi doesn't want Mikasa to know how messed up an actual member of her family is.
    My guess is is that Levi is suspicious of Mikasa or he may think that she knows Kenny or something like that. Im assuming that levi and kenny never got along well and that he really never knew Kenny's surname; but was surprised that kenny and mikasa shared it.

But unlikely since levi and kenny probably lived together and know a lot about each other, hinting some other motive from Levi. Trying to hide something idk.

Also, Hi guys I'm new

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Nishin0! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Both are technically possible but I think Levi has shown he knows Kenny well. I don't think Kenny cared if Levi knew his name, so I think it's more likely Levi did know and Mikasa didn't, since her parents died when she was so young and all. I also like the theory that her parents lived at the outer wall to escape whatever her father's side of the family was connected to.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast