Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fairy Tail 393 Discussion / 394 Predictions

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 393 Discussion / 394 Predictions

The chapter was good. It had a nice pacing and was emotional, but not too emotional.

That Keith did revive Silver was pretty obvious to be true. I'm just a little surprised why so many people here wonder how Silver was able to keep his own will - we don't have any information claiming otherwise. One Piece bias anyone? And even if it was unusual, it plainly said that Silver was part of an experiment to make the revived as close to their original as possible.

Also, why should Keith have known Silver's thoughts? We don't know whether Keith can read the mind of his corpses.

I think that Keith was just reviving Silver, without any further need o controll his body or mind.

That cross that said Mika and Gray was a really nice touch, it really suits Silver's personality and tracks back to his introduction. I liked it very much.

Also, this chapter cleared even the last doubt of Silver being the traitor. Still want to know Torafusa's role, he doesn't seem that greedy to me as of now.
    Last edited by Braveheart; July 18, 2014 at 03:58 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

So that's what happened....
    Honestly I'm glad that Mashima chose to do this, because if Silver was really possessed by Deliora, things wouldn't have made any sense...
    In any case I think that this chapter had the right level of emotions and I'm sincerely feeling sorry for Silver...
    He went on a vengeance quest against the demons, to set things right for his family, when he realized that he had become what he hated the most: a demon...
    Now, I guess that Juvia's turn to shine has arrived; I wonder if she will be able to win though...
    Just kidding! It's way too obvious that she will win. XD
    Looking forward to the next chapter.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    I think it would've been better if Silver was Deliora. Why did they have to fight again? Keith clearly is not controlling Silver. They say that, but it's just a contradiction. If Silver is a corpse being controlled by Keith, how did he slay demons in secrecy? Why would Keith and Tartaros allow that? Silver has clearly been acting of his own free will this whole time. No way was Keith controlling him, it makes no sense. How would he be able to do any of the stuff he's done if he was a corpse puppet? I get that he "overcame" it, but how did Keith not notice this, not to mention again, Silver was clearly making his own decisions. And last chapter Gray implied he knew all along. Why go along with it then and kill Silver? Neither one of them actually wanted to kill each other so...why did this fight happen??? And how did Silver learn Ice Devil Slaying magic? How did he learn how to eat the souls of demons?

I mean Silver was a zombie supposedly being controlled by Keith, who had Devil Slaying magic, and was secretly slaying demons?????? So Keith controls dead people, except they don't have to listen to him, and they kept a guy around with Devil Slaying magic , and never got suspicious when demons went missing? Keith is supposed to be able to make predictions too and he couldn't foresee that?That just makes Tartaros look incompetent. I believe Silver when he says Keith is the weakest in the Kyuukimon lol. As of now he has two abilities, controlling dead people and seeing the future, neither of which he is actually doing very successfully.

It was touching though. It's nice to see Gray finally overcome his past, that's good development for his character.
    Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    I think it would've been better if Silver was Deliora. Why did they have to fight again? Keith clearly is not controlling Silver. They say that, but it's just a contradiction. If Silver is a corpse being controlled by Keith, how did he slay demons in secrecy? Why would Keith and Tartaros allow that? Silver has clearly been acting of his own free will this whole time. No way was Keith controlling him, it makes no sense. How would he be able to do any of the stuff he's done if he was a corpse puppet? I get that he "overcame" it, but how did Keith not notice this, not to mention again, Silver was clearly making his own decisions. And last chapter Gray implied he knew all along. Why go along with it then and kill Silver? Neither one of them actually wanted to kill each other so...why did this fight happen??? And how did Silver learn Ice Devil Slaying magic? How did he learn how to eat the souls of demons?

I mean Silver was a zombie supposedly being controlled by Keith, who had Devil Slaying magic, and was secretly slaying demons?????? So Keith controls dead people, except they don't have to listen to him, and they kept a guy around with Devil Slaying magic , and never got suspicious when demons went missing? Keith is supposed to be able to make predictions too and he couldn't foresee that?That just makes Tartaros look incompetent. I believe Silver when he says Keith is the weakest in the Kyuukimon lol. As of now he has two abilities, controlling dead people and seeing the future, neither of which he is actually doing very successfully.

It was touching though. It's nice to see Gray finally overcome his past, that's good development for his character.

"Keith is supposed to control him" you don't think he was? Silver was part of an experiment to see how closely a corpse could be to a real person.. He made him part if the NDG.. So what if he let Silver do what he wanted.. His plan of destroying Tartaros would've been in vain since Keith and the rest of the demons would've ended him.. Was he a trouble to the demons plan? No was he helpful? Yes.. That's all Keith and the rest cared about.. Silver killing other fodder demons have nothing to do with the revival of END/the activation of FACE/Zeref's return and rule

"How did he slay demons in secrecy?" And does that really matter? You have this notion that Tartaros thinks of other demons as kin or brethren which is clearly false.. Hell I'd argue the same for Tartaros.. Jackal pretty much killed Lamy.. I guess the others do have some companionship but to other demons? No

"Silver has clearly been acting of his own will" yea you and silver would like to think that but no.

"Eating the souls of demons" dude come on stop taking things literally.. He meant killing demons.. And no if Keith wanted to control him it would've been nothing to research for his experiment.. He used necromancy to revive Silver.. Hell's core to strengthen the body and let him roam.. And that's not a problem since Silver did nothing but benefit Tartaros.. As far as we know.. Keith's experiment was a success

"How did Keith not see this" we have no evidence that he didn't.. And what would he do? "Silver is killing demons I need to stop him" uhh like I stated before that had NOTHING to do with Tartaros and their plans.. Who gives a damn? To Keith Sikver was just going on a mini rant while benefiting and helping out Tartaros at the same time.. No matter how you slice it.. Silver was a pawn for Keith and seeing as how Tartaros has had an advantage over FT for the majority of the arc.. You're thinking too much

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Another intersting aspect that I just thought about is that Silver claimed to have weakened the other demons over time. If that's true, that could absolutely twist the demons' power levels as they were presented to us.

edit: In B4 beating Keith doesn't make the revived ones stop moving.
    Last edited by Braveheart; July 18, 2014 at 10:17 AM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

As proud as they could be, I doubt the demons in Tartaros who were such prideful creatures would care that much of other inferior demons, at least their evil nature would disallow it.

Silver, though, was part of the team did not seem to give off a vibe of true evil. Despite his deliberate psychological attack against Gray, he was still considered as a good father.

I wonder what would Keith do to Juvia before the girl's anger explodes. hahaha!

~~~~++~~~~Do You Love Me?~~~~++~~~~

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member narutostrength's Avatar
    Country
    Paraguay
    Post Thanks / Like

oh and its great that Gray will finally get his closure

He who stabs the heart of the Captain must take over as captain. The Dutchman must always have a captain. And if he saves me, he loses you.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudobito's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

That chapter was very moving. Now what are you waiting for, Silver?! pass on the magic you have learnt during all of these years to your son, I'm sure that he can continue your work. We've already seen Dragon slaying magic, God slaying magic and now even Devil slaying magic and what next? Plothole slaying magic? Fairy slaying magic? ...

Really, I do wonder how can Juvia beat Keith, the latter is kind of "intangible", it's as if he can turn into mist when he is struck by his opponents. Will her water magic prove itself to be effective against mist though?
    Last edited by Rikudobito; July 18, 2014 at 04:02 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Another f**ked up Dad in the head.

Well at least in Gray's case, his dad came around and is helping in the end. Quite the emotional chapter.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a shame that Gray couldn't meet his mother like how he did for his father, or else it will be a family reunion which will be a very happy moment for them all.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudobito View Post
    That chapter was very moving. Now what are you waiting for, Silver?! pass on the magic you have learnt during all of these years to your son, I'm sure that he can continue your work. We've already seen Dragon slaying magic, God slaying magic and now even Devil slaying magic and what next? Plothole slaying magic? Fairy slaying magic? ...

Really, I do wonder how can Juvia beat Keith, the latter is kind of "intangible", it's as if he can turn into mist when he is struck by his opponents. Will her water magic prove itself to be effective against mist though?
    I get the feeling that After the zombi demon gets downed and Gray's dad is about to probably turn to ash he will leave gray a lacryma of demon slaying ice magic to augment his abilities.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    I get the feeling that After the zombi demon gets downed and Gray's dad is about to probably turn to ash he will leave gray a lacryma of demon slaying ice magic to augment his abilities.
    In this case, Gray will have a new source of power. Nice! I wonder what's the author's story..

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudobito's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

When a demon "dies", it's then regenerated in hell's core. But I wonder that when a demon is slayed by devil slaying magic, would that anti-demon magic prevent the slayed demon from regenerating in hell's core and that's why Tartarus was not aware that Silver was secretly killing demons? ...Simply because the demons slayed by Silver would not regenerate in hell's core and were killed for good?

I hope that Gray takes a major part in the defeat of E.N.D but I'm still leaning towards the idea that E.N.D means Evil Natsu Dragneel.
    Lol what if it's the case... instead of being powered by the power of friendship, he'll be powered by the power of demons, would be a good match between him and FT.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudobito View Post
    When a demon "dies", it's then regenerated in hell's core. But I wonder that when a demon is slayed by devil slaying magic, would that anti-demon magic prevent the slayed demon from regenerating in hell's core and that's why Tartarus was not aware that Silver was secretly killing demons? ...Simply because the demons slayed by Silver would not regenerate in hell's core and were killed for good?

I hope that Gray takes a major part in the defeat of E.N.D but I'm still leaning towards the idea that E.N.D means Evil Natsu Dragneel.
    Lol what if it's the case... instead of being powered by the power of friendship, he'll be powered by the power of demons, would be a good match between him and FT.
    It may be a possibility since Silver could kill so many little demons for so long without getting noticed, not even Mard Geer. It must have been either Tartarus are all dumb or there is something unusual about Silver's demon slaying magic that has kept him safe all these while.

If E.N.D. is Evil Natsu Dragneel (lol), then I'll be worried for Mashima-sensei as he is not going to get away with all the Natsu-fans. hahaha!

Anyway, I thought E.N.D. is the guild master of Tartarus. I can't imagine Natsu to be the one... hmmm...

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2