Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Monkey D. Dragon

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Monkey D. Dragon

ok so alot of this material is not my original i came across it while serfing the net i felt like it do answer alot of questions so here's it is i'm sharing it with you guys
    mainly the theory is composed of 2 parts :
    -Dragon is an ex-admiral and possibly ex-member of roger's crew
    -dragon is the ancient weapon uranus
    here we goes :
    Part I:
    just like most mangas oda get his inspiration from methologies and ancient history this is no surprise considering that black beard, bonny captain kid did really exist with the same name and gol D.Roger's speech that made room for the pirate era is an inspiration of a real life pirate named olivier levasseur who gave similar speech moving on
    In chineese metholgy there is 4 seas east-west-north and south no surprise in here in the myth there is a type of animal guardians to each sea accordingly
    -the north sea guardian involve a yellow monkey and in japonese it translates kizaru
    -the south sea guardian is a blue bird which translate to aokiji
    -the west sea guardian is a red dog which translate to akainu
    what's missing is the east sea guardian which is white dragon it translate to Shiroryuu
    let's back up a little bit we all know garp was serious about making luffy and ace marine soldiers which will imply that he'll be harder on dragon since he's his first born son and he succeded in doing so most likely what happened was that since he was an admiral he had to work directly under the tenryuubito he saw what they were doing and propably came across the history of the void century as a result of that he left and formed the revolutionary army and becoming the most dangerious man alive to further confirm in early OP when smoker was about to capture luffy dragon stopped him and they had a curious conversation they simply knew each other which imply dragon at some point was in the marine which also explains why garp kept on refusing the admiral position he's propably feeling guildy about his son doings.

Part II:
    in hinduism they have deity called indra(ye just like naruto) he's mostly refered to as god of wearther thunderstorms and rain we've already seen dragon pulling such feats in loguetown,there is a reference from smoker when he said that dragon appeared like a lighteting and then vanished in the funeral of roger and the real stricking resemblance is that in ancient india they used to call the planet uranus "Indra"
    also in the japonese version is also reffered to as Taishakuten ,there is a manga called "RG Veda"where the character called Taishakuten is wearing the very same coat or robe as the one dragon wore at loguetown.
    in conclusion here's a reference from Rg Veda concerning the 6 elder stars you'll see a compelling resemblance to one piece's theme and luffy in particular http://rgveda.wikia.com/wiki/Six_Stars
    to sum it up there is 6 ancient weapons which poseidon , uranus and pluto are 3 of them.

edit:i think i got the main steps in dragon career at first fallowing his father wishes he went into the marines and became admiral then he left it to join roger's crew and at a certain point after they went to raftel and roger disbanded his crew dragon went on and made the revolutionary army
    Last edited by Arbalest; July 13, 2014 at 11:01 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Monkey D. Dragon

The first part does totally makes sense. I didn't read the second so...

Can you put some ponctuation pliize?

My brain is suffering right now ^^

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Monkey D. Dragon

ok i edited the content i hope i made it clearer i had a lot of infos and references it was kinda hard to condense it alot of it concern other subjects like haki, devil fruits and the ancient kingdom
    Last edited by Arbalest; July 13, 2014 at 08:38 PM.

New Reply