Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46

Thread: Doesn't the sudden disappearance of Yachiru makes the theory that she is Zarakis Zampaktoo even more accurate?

  1. #1
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like

    Doesn't the sudden disappearance of Yachiru makes the theory that she is Zarakis Zampaktoo even more accurate?

    This theory has been stated many-many times but I think that it makes me 80% confident now that Yachiru.. was in fact Zarakis Zampaktoo materialized the whole time.

    Think about it :

    1) Zarakis sees fighting as a game, and his Zampaktoo being a girl that plays games and has fun makes sense.

    2) The ability of Yachirus release.. is probably Zarakis zampaktoos power or at least a part of it. The fact that the summoned hollow-like creatures 1 of them has a skull makes this even more plausible. Also the fact that it's such a unique shikai.. makes this even more strange. Don't get me wrong, Zaraki will not summon creatures but he will achieve the same enhanced slashing capabilities passively in his blade. Meaning Enhanced reach-cutting power.

    3) Yachiru disappeared but her clothes didn't, also this happened presumably when Zaraki released his sword. This had to do probably with the fact that Yachirus soul went back to Zarakis sword and that her clothes that are not part of Zarakis soul didn't go there.

    4) Yachiru appeared randomly on Zarakis backstory and went close to his sword and touched the blood on it enjoying herself.

    5) Yachiru being always near Zaraki no matter where he goes and who he fights.

    6) The thing that was stated many times "My power is so great that I can't seal it no matter how hard I tried" when he was referring to his zampaktoo. Maybe the sword was actually never sealed, in fact, it was materialized the whole damn time! And it went into it's true shikai form the moment Zaraki called it's name. It's TRUE name. We don't know the real name of Yachiru.. and I would dare to say that's it's Nozarashi.

    7) Neither of them knew their name and hence the power of both were diminished. Zaraki found his true name now after the Unohana fight. He is now TRULY a Kenpachi. Yachiru also found her true name and became what she is supposed too. The fact that Zaraki had the mental barriers and Yachiru being a little kid is probably exactly that. I would guess that Yachiru will be an adult woman now.

    The only things that kinda mess this theory up is how did he communicated with his Zampaktoo after the Unohana fight.. but I'm sure that there is plenty of reasons this could happen. Also if this theory turns out to be correct it allows the plot to give Zaraki Bankai instantly, because not only he has absolute communication and harmony with his Zampaktoo he even had it materialized for hundreds of years which both are very important things to achieving Bankai, if fact we don't know ANYONE that managed to materialize his sword for anywhere as long. Also, he wouldn't even need to submit Yachiru.. because Yachiru always followed the commands of Zaraki to the letter.

    If Zaraki takes another boost to truly make him a SWP or surpass that to the point of being like immortal-Aizen/Ichigo, then a bankai would be necessery, and honestly I can't see Zaraki doing the "3-day force materialize doll" training. (Immortal Aizen is not stronger than Zaraki now, but he has perks and hax abilities that can make him a real threat since he is an extremely intelligent person not to mention ehm.. he can't die).

    Anyone thoughts on these theory?

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,883
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Doesn't the sudden disappearance of Yachiru makes the theory that she is Zarakis Zampaktoo even more accurate?

    I honestly think this theory is wishful thinking based on what happened with Starrk and Lillynette.
    I sincerely hope this theory is not true. It would just leave a terrible aftertaste.
    I'm biased because I don't want this to happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by ANimouz View Post
    This theory has been stated many-many times but I think that it makes me 80% confident now that Yachiru.. was in fact Zarakis Zampaktoo materialized the whole time.

    Think about it :
    I'll try.

    Quote Quote:
    1) Zarakis sees fighting as a game, and his Zampaktoo being a girl that plays games and has fun makes sense.
    Kind of a stretch here. I'm not sure how a lust for fighting translates to a little girl being....a little girl.

    Quote Quote:
    2) The ability of Yachirus release.. is probably Zarakis zampaktoos power or at least a part of it. The fact that the summoned hollow-like creatures 1 of them has a skull makes this even more plausible. Also the fact that it's such a unique shikai.. makes this even more strange. Don't get me wrong, Zaraki will not summon creatures but he will achieve the same enhanced slashing capabilities passively in his blade. Meaning Enhanced reach-cutting power.
    The two zanpakutou are so thematically different. Which makes sense because they're two different shinigami.
    We don't even know what Nozarashi really does. It's command is different. It's appearance is different. There's just not enough support.

    Quote Quote:
    3) Yachiru disappeared but her clothes didn't, also this happened presumably when Zaraki released his sword. This had to do probably with the fact that Yachirus soul went back to Zarakis sword and that her clothes that are not part of Zarakis soul didn't go there.
    This makes no sense considering Zaraki's zanpakutou revealed himself when he was in the Mugen chamber.
    Why didn't Yachiru disappear then?

    Isane is also gone, by the way. Maybe she is his zanpakutou.

    Quote Quote:
    4) Yachiru appeared randomly on Zarakis backstory and went close to his sword and touched the blood on it enjoying herself.
    She's unfazed by violence? This doesn't really support her being a zanpakuto. Not to mention the asauchi that Kenpachi stole manifested itself into his zanpakutou when he was much younger: http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/525/8

    Why didn't Yachiru appear then?

    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/527/11

    Nozarashi himself even recalls a memory of Zaraki meeting someone (the previous Kenpachi) with Yachiru on his shoulder. Which is really odd if Yachiru is actually a part of him.


    Quote Quote:
    5) Yachiru being always near Zaraki no matter where he goes and who he fights.
    Yachiru was an orphaned (presumably) child that is apparently fine with bloodshed. Zaraki raised her and she's now his VC.
    Of course she's always by his side.

    Quote Quote:
    6) The thing that was stated many times "My power is so great that I can't seal it no matter how hard I tried" when he was referring to his zampaktoo. Maybe the sword was actually never sealed, in fact, it was materialized the whole damn time! And it went into it's true shikai form the moment Zaraki called it's name. It's TRUE name. We don't know the real name of Yachiru.. and I would dare to say that's it's Nozarashi.
    There's currently no known method or reason in the Bleach universe for a zanpakuto to randomly manifest itself outside of the shinigami's consciousness or Urahara's dummy method thing that Ichigo used. Thus, Kubo would have to completely go back on that explanation and it really wouldn't make any sense. I think people call that a retcon.

    Quote Quote:
    7) Neither of them knew their name and hence the power of both were diminished. Zaraki found his true name now after the Unohana fight. He is now TRULY a Kenpachi. Yachiru also found her true name and became what she is supposed too. The fact that Zaraki had the mental barriers and Yachiru being a little kid is probably exactly that. I would guess that Yachiru will be an adult woman now.
    So...like Nel?. I get Kubo uses some parallels, but this would be too much even for him.

    Quote Quote:
    The only things that kinda mess this theory up is how did he communicated with his Zampaktoo after the Unohana fight.. but I'm sure that there is plenty of reasons this could happen. Also if this theory turns out to be correct it allows the plot to give Zaraki Bankai instantly, because not only he has absolute communication and harmony with his Zampaktoo he even had it materialized for hundreds of years which both are very important things to achieving Bankai, if fact we don't know ANYONE that managed to materialize his sword for anywhere as long. Also, he wouldn't even need to submit Yachiru.. because Yachiru always followed the commands of Zaraki to the letter.

    If Zaraki takes another boost to truly make him a SWP or surpass that to the point of being like immortal-Aizen/Ichigo, then a bankai would be necessery, and honestly I can't see Zaraki doing the "3-day force materialize doll" training. (Immortal Aizen is not stronger than Zaraki now, but he has perks and hax abilities that can make him a real threat since he is an extremely intelligent person not to mention ehm.. he can't die).
    If Zaraki gets bankai, it should be years from now, because it'd be terrible for the story where it is right now.
    You can't spend all that time and story and effort for him to just get his shikai, and then just suddenly upgrade to bankai.
    We don't even know what his shikai actually really does yet.

    Zaraki is already clearly established as being ridiculously powerful. But a bankai now would be overboard, in my opinion.

    Quote Quote:
    Anyone thoughts on these theory?
    I, personally, don't care for it, particularly because Kubo already did that with Starrk and Lillynette.
    I am sure Kubo can find some other way to explain Yachiru's disappearance.

    And her disappearance is the only real fact that would even suggest she's Zaraki's zanpakutou.
    Without that, Yachiru is just a girl Zaraki randomly met and adopted.

    And I can make the same argument with Isane and Unohana.

    1. Unohana released her bankai. Zaraki released his shikai. Isane disappeared after Gremmy's fight, too.
    2. We don't know what Isane's shikai does. Maybe it has healing properties like Unohana's? Maybe's it's like Zaraki's?
    3. Isane is always near Unohana. Either they're lovers or Isane is actually Minazuki. She was also near Zaraki when he released Nozarashi.

    Eh. Kubo pls no.
    Last edited by Exodi; July 15, 2014 at 08:12 AM.

  3. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #3
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Doesn't the sudden disappearance of Yachiru makes the theory that she is Zarakis Zampaktoo even more accurate?

    Quote Quote:
    The two zanpakutou are so thematically different. Which makes sense because they're two different shinigami.
    We don't even know what Nozarashi really does. It's command is different. It's appearance is different. There's just not enough support.
    Exactly. We don't know what Nozarashi does, so saying what it's ability is or isn't is irrelevant, the skull and "bone" like weapon on of of Yachirus beasts were incredibly well with the theme "Nozarashi". Also Yachiru didn't even say a command to release her shikai, so unless she knows how to Bankai.. this is impossible, and I doubt that Yachiru has a bankai. There is tons of speculation to view this, you just picked the most negative one.

    Quote Quote:
    This makes no sense considering Zaraki's zanpakutou revealed himself when he was in the Mugen chamber.
    Why didn't Yachiru disappear then?
    I even admitted that this is potentially the only loopwhole in the theory, but there tons of reasons why this could happen. Yachiru could even be a fragment of his zampaktoo, Kind like Ichigo has 3 damn individuals for his Zampaktoo. A hollow one, a Quincy one and one for his Zampaktoo that we don't know yet. We know that Nozarashi is skull themed, and who knows.. Zaraki might have some hollow in him. We have seen countless people that are randomly extremely power having some short of hollow in them. Zaraki being one more wouldn't be out of the ordinary. Skulls = Hollows in this manga.

    Quote Quote:
    There's currently no known method or reason in the Bleach universe for a zanpakuto to randomly manifest itself outside of the shinigami's consciousness or Urahara's dummy method thing that Ichigo used. Thus, Kubo would have to completely go back on that explanation and it really wouldn't make any sense. I think people call that a retcon.
    It was specifically stated that in order to achieve Bankai you need to materialize the spirit and force it to submission, normally that takes about 10 years of effort. Materialization to the real world is something that every single shinigami that has achieved Bankai has done multiple times. The doll that Ichigo used that FORCED the materialization because that's what the machine was doing, it allows to skip that 10 year of communication and slow materialization. This was a big miss from your part here.

    Quote Quote:
    If Zaraki gets bankai, it should be years from now, because it'd be terrible for the story where it is right now.
    You can't spend all that time and story and effort for him to just get his shikai, and then just suddenly upgrade to bankai.
    We don't even know what his shikai actually really does yet.

    Zaraki is already clearly established as being ridiculously powerful. But a bankai now would be overboard, in my opinion.
    Kubo specifically said that he was intending to reveal the full power of Zaraki at the end of the manga when he was commenting on "The spirits are forever with you"(finale fights we can assume). So far we know he is a beast but I dare say this isn't his limit. He hasn't even released his eyepatch yet or used Kendo and I still believe he will be even stronger, an instant Bankai would allow him an even better overall power. Also if Yachiru is his zampaktoo then he has the materialization down right away and the only thing missing is to submit the spirit.. and thats gonna be extremely easy if you are someone like Zaraki.

    Also.

    It showed that Yachirus clothes were specifically left behind, and no other Quincies were anywhere near the place. It's not like she would undress and go around naked (lol pedo Kubo) and I don't think that Kubo would do something like a Quincy take her hostage and before that takes her clothes first. That would be.. disturbing to say the least. She vanished where she stood and this happened AFTER the Nozarashi release.

    I'm making this theory because we know that Kubo always hints at those things in one way or the other. Loneliness and being lost in madness (after the Unohana fight when he was young) probably caused him to materialize his Zampaktoo without his knowledge and his Zampaktoo kept him company and made him kinda more sane.

  5. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,883
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Doesn't the sudden disappearance of Yachiru makes the theory that she is Zarakis Zampaktoo even more accurate?

    Quote Originally Posted by ANimouz View Post
    Exactly. We don't know what Nozarashi does, so saying what it's ability is or isn't is irrelevant, the skull and "bone" like weapon on of of Yachirus beasts were incredibly well with the theme "Nozarashi".
    How can you say Yachiru's shikai fits Nozarashi thematically if you don't even know what Nozarashi actually does?
    Perhaps you mean the skull and bone stuff Yachiru has on her head? I still think that's a stretch.

    Quote Quote:
    There is tons of speculation to view this, you just picked the most negative one.
    Well, I did say I was biased. Though I am looking at all sides and I still think this theory just doesn't work.





    Quote Quote:
    I even admitted that this is potentially the only loopwhole in the theory, but there tons of reasons why this could happen. Yachiru could even be a fragment of his zampaktoo, Kind like Ichigo has 3 damn individuals for his Zampaktoo. A hollow one, a Quincy one and one for his Zampaktoo that we don't know yet. We know that Nozarashi is skull themed, and who knows.. Zaraki might have some hollow in him. We have seen countless people that are randomly extremely power having some short of hollow in them. Zaraki being one more wouldn't be out of the ordinary. Skulls = Hollows in this manga.
    1. Nozarashi is skull-themed?
    2. Ichigo has 3 different sources of power. And not one of them ever randomly materialized on their own.

    And no, the Hollow part does not count. It did not materialize as a seperate, sentient, intelligent, shikai-owning entity.

    Again, for this to happen, Kubo would have to backtrack his story. That's a no-no.



    Quote Quote:
    It was specifically stated that in order to achieve Bankai you need to materialize the spirit and force it to submission, normally that takes about 10 years of effort. Materialization to the real world is something that every single shinigami that has achieved Bankai has done multiple times. The doll that Ichigo used that FORCED the materialization because that's what the machine was doing, it allows to skip that 10 year of communication and slow materialization. This was a big miss from your part here.
    What? No.
    That method is just something Urahara created. I don't recall materializing your zanpakutou to be a requirement for achieving Bankai. It's a requirement only in the sense that in order to get bankai, you have to defeat the materialization that was created as a result of the method:

    According to the Bleach wiki:

    Quote Quote:
    Tenshintai (転神体; lit. "Change [Death] God Body", Viz: "Divine Transfer Body"): An artifact belonging to the Onmitsukidō, but invented and tested by Urahara. It is a vaguely Human-shaped, man-sized doll which forcibly materializes the spirit of a Zanpakutō into the Human World when stabbed by the Zanpakutō. In doing so, it facilitates the user in subjugating the spirit and attaining the Bankai of their Zanpakutō. The materialization can last for about three days, after which the spirit reverts into the doll which spawned it. Without this invention, achieving Bankai takes at least ten years, plus the many years of combat experience needed. This method, however, is very dangerous, due to the fact that it forcibly materializes the Zanpakutō's spirit. Urahara deemed it dangerous to use for more than three days.[160][161]
    It's not a requirement. It's a shortcut. And there has never been any mention of needing to materialize your zanpakuto to get bankai, period.
    So again, Kubo would need to add new information or change information we previously thought was true.




    Quote Quote:
    Kubo specifically said that he was intending to reveal the full power of Zaraki at the end of the manga when he was commenting on "The spirits are forever with you"(finale fights we can assume). So far we know he is a beast but I dare say this isn't his limit. He hasn't even released his eyepatch yet or used Kendo and I still believe he will be even stronger, an instant Bankai would allow him an even better overall power. Also if Yachiru is his zampaktoo then he has the materialization down right away and the only thing missing is to submit the spirit.. and thats gonna be extremely easy if you are someone like Zaraki.
    I agree, Zaraki can get stronger.

    Just not now. It makes no sense. He just got shikai. Major character development.
    It's the middle of a war. Zaraki is not going to be worrying about getting bankai soon.

    With Hisagi, it made sense. Hisagi is not a power-monster and already had his shikai. Nor did we need any sort of real character development from him.
    With Zaraki, it doesn't make sense to me.




    Quote Quote:
    It showed that Yachirus clothes were specifically left behind, and no other Quincies were anywhere near the place. It's not like she would undress and go around naked (lol pedo Kubo) and I don't think that Kubo would do something like a Quincy take her hostage and before that takes her clothes first. That would be.. disturbing to say the least. She vanished where she stood and this happened AFTER the Nozarashi release.

    I'm making this theory because we know that Kubo always hints at those things in one way or the other. Loneliness and being lost in madness (after the Unohana fight when he was young) probably caused him to materialize his Zampaktoo without his knowledge and his Zampaktoo kept him company and made him kinda more sane.
    Again, this (materializing a zanpakuto in such a fashion) would be something completely new to the Bleach that we've been presented with.
    Anything could've happened to Yachiru.

    I still maintain that if she'd not disappeared, we wouldn't be having this discussion, and that her disappearance is the only "strong" evidence suggesting that she could be a zanpakutou. Which leads me to believe something else happened to her (and Isane...let's not forget Isane....)
    Last edited by Exodi; July 15, 2014 at 01:37 PM.

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Deadman Wonderland
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    735
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Doesn't the sudden disappearance of Yachiru makes the theory that she is Zarakis Zampaktoo even more accurate?

    But she's not the only one missing. The healer rose and the other dude all went missing after the fight. Gremmy obviously used his last dying imagination thing to move them some place.
    Spoiler show

  8. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    801
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Doesn't the sudden disappearance of Yachiru makes the theory that she is Zarakis Zampaktoo even more accurate?

    Also, I suspect that if she was tied to Zaraki's power in any way, he wouldn't be so confused as to why she disappeared. Surely he'd have felt the difference in his power as soon as she rejoined it or whatever.

    I am open to the idea of their powers being tied somehow. The thought crossed my mind that design of Yachiru's Zanpakuto monsters looks like one could represent her and one Zaraki, and there might be something to Yachiru's Zan being abnormal as Isane commented. Something's strange about Yachiru, but I don't think this is the answer, though I'm not sure what it could be. Besides, as Exodi said it's been done with Starrk and Lilynette. Have to admit, I might also be more resistant to the idea simply because I don't like it.

  9. #7
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Doesn't the sudden disappearance of Yachiru makes the theory that she is Zarakis Zampaktoo even more accurate?

    Quote Quote:
    What? No.
    That method is just something Urahara created. I don't recall materializing your zanpakutou to be a requirement for achieving Bankai. It's a requirement only in the sense that in order to get bankai, you have to defeat the materialization that was created as a result of the method:

    From wiki :
    Quote Quote:
    Bankai
    Bankai (卍解, Final Release) is the second and final upgraded form of a Zanpakutō. To achieve Bankai, one must be able to materialize and subjugate their Zanpakutō spirit. Materialization means the opposite of getting dragged into the Zanpakutō's inner world: the wielder needs to summon the Zanpakutō's spirit into the physical world. It usually takes 10 years or more to achieve, plus the experience needed to master it
    Like I said.. this was a big miss on your part. So a perma-materialized Zampakuto spirit is not something that is impossible, in fact the whole "I can't seal my power" is a pretty big hint.

  10. #8
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,849
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Doesn't the sudden disappearance of Yachiru makes the theory that she is Zarakis Zampaktoo even more accurate?

    Well, when kenpachi said the whole thing about sealing his power he also implied his sword was already in shikai which lead to a 10 year long debate over whether kenpachi was a permanent shikai like ichigo or not. And it turned out that not only he did not have an activated shikai but also he currently has the liberty to release and seal it as he pleases. I am not sure kenpachi's words back then would really be indicative of anything relevant now. Back then his knowledge of zampakuto was zero, nothing he knew or said could ever hope to have a degree of relevance. He was some dude with a sword and if anything the implication is that his sword hurt him while fighting (according to zangetsu anyways). He couldn't seal his power but he was also not familiar with any form of his power at all.

    As for kenpachi wondering about his disappearance, I don't think he necessarily has to notice anything. It is his power however using it is unlike other mangas. Zampakuto are alive and whatnot, they can choose to not give you power or even talk to you. The single greatest factor in how much power you can draw from it is your relationship to it, how well you know and understand each other. In the scenario that yachiru is his zampakuto or a part of it kenpachi is at a point where even when he knows the name he knows literally nothing of it. To put things in perspective, did ichigo notice what happened to old man zangetsu when shirosaki was trying to take over? He did not even notice what happened to the dominant part of his power. When he was training, was he aware of what had happened to shirosaki? We saw zangetsu literally rip shirosaki out of him and ichigo did not even know where his shinigami powers were, he thought shirosaki was just gone. Even though it was him suppressing him. Kenpachi does not have to feel anything in particular regarding yachiru if she is something to his zampakuto. He would need to actually talk to her and get his relationship with her going on or something. It will probably be the case that he was subconsciously aware or something of the sort though.

  11. #9
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Doesn't the sudden disappearance of Yachiru makes the theory that she is Zarakis Zampaktoo even more accurate?

    But this is the thing.

    Probably neither of them knew each others name and hence their power was diminished. Yachiru was nameless, Zaraki was nameless. In essence they were both lost and now they both found their true names and their true purpose. Zaraki became "The Kenpachi" and Yachiru became "Nozarashi". Now they will be complete and suddenly understand that they know a lot more about each other than they though and this will be the key to give an instant Bankai to Zaraki.

    ALSO when you have your sword materialized you can't have it released, another interesting point in this theory.

  12. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,883
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Doesn't the sudden disappearance of Yachiru makes the theory that she is Zarakis Zampaktoo even more accurate?

    Quote Originally Posted by ANimouz View Post
    Like I said.. this was a big miss on your part. So a perma-materialized Zampakuto spirit is not something that is impossible, in fact the whole "I can't seal my power" is a pretty big hint.
    Ok, that's all cleared up.

    But there is still no precedent for a zanpakutou to have its own zanpakutou with its own shikai seperate from the zanpakutou that has already been established for the shinigami. If Yachiru's shikai were anything like Zaraki's
    She's clearly aged, too. Do zanpakutou even do that?


    Yachiru being Zaraki's zanpakutou raises more questions that it answers.
    Perhaps there is more to her that we don't know yet.

    I'm open to the idea, but Kubo would really have to sell it for me.

  13. #11
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Posts
    1,204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Doesn't the sudden disappearance of Yachiru makes the theory that she is Zarakis Zampaktoo even more accurate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post
    I'm open to the idea, but Kubo would really have to sell it for me.
    I agree. He would have to put in more than a little work (one panel is not enough - nor do I really want a repetitive-flashback chapter) tying it in nicely with the story.
    Finally, he would have to explain why people like Mayuri motherf*king Kurotsuchi never realised that she was a Zanpakuto and not a shinigami. The fact that people like him or Yamamoto never realised is the biggest thorn in this theory for me.
    Infinite RAGE!

  14. #12
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,832
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Doesn't the sudden disappearance of Yachiru makes the theory that she is Zarakis Zampaktoo even more accurate?

    Exodi already provided a very compelling argument as to why the theory is improbable based on the facts available in the manga.

    Quote Quote:
    She's unfazed by violence? This doesn't really support her being a zanpakuto. Not to mention the asauchi that Kenpachi stole manifested itself into his zanpakutou when he was much younger: http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/525/8

    Why didn't Yachiru appear then?

    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/527/11

    Nozarashi himself even recalls a memory of Zaraki meeting someone (the previous Kenpachi) with Yachiru on his shoulder. Which is really odd if Yachiru is actually a part of him.
    Let me add to that the fact the Nozarashi has revealed himself already. So why would it remain silent on the fact that it and Yachiru are one?

    Remember, Zaraki came to save Yachiru, knowing full well that he is carrying with him Nozarashi in sealed state.

    Shouldn't Zaraki greated Yachiru with her real name?
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

  15. #13
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,939
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Doesn't the sudden disappearance of Yachiru makes the theory that she is Zarakis Zampaktoo even more accurate?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    I agree. He would have to put in more than a little work (one panel is not enough - nor do I really want a repetitive-flashback chapter) tying it in nicely with the story.
    Finally, he would have to explain why people like Mayuri motherf*king Kurotsuchi never realised that she was a Zanpakuto and not a shinigami. The fact that people like him or Yamamoto never realised is the biggest thorn in this theory for me.
    Mayuri is one thing, I'm certain he couldn't convince me that her namesake didn't notice.

  16. #14
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Doesn't the sudden disappearance of Yachiru makes the theory that she is Zarakis Zampaktoo even more accurate?

    Mayuri could have known but would be prohibited to let Zaraki know. As stated by the Central 46 it was forbidden to train him or help him power up. His full power would be too much to handle for the entire Gotei 13. Also.. I don't think that Zaraki would sit quietly and let Mayuri run tests on him or Yachiru. He would probably cut him in half before that happened. Mayuri probably just created the theory.

    Also who knows.. Zaraki might have some hollow in him. The skulls is his reaitsu is another very big hint towards that. Zaraki being extremely powerful wouldn't allow it to do anything. His might have 2 faces for his powers kinda like Ichigo and every other Vaizard.

    Also I liked to stress this out, me included didn't expect Zaraki and Yachiru to be like this. I always though it more as a Father-Daughter relationship. Two nameless people alone in this world that found some level of comfort by simply being together. BUT.. her disappearance after Nozarashi has been revealed says a lot. Her clothes stayed intact.. Yachiru just vanished. This isn't some kind of kidnapping, (I don't think that Bleach is that dark that would have someone remove a kids clothes before capturing it). There is simply no other explanation for the disappearance.

    The 4 other Sternritters, that were close to the fight and observing, were the 4 Femritters. We have seen their abilities and it just doesn't make sense that any of them would kill Yachiru in a way that her clothes would remain intact but her body vanish. I mean seriously.. what bigger hint could we have that Yachiru staring at Zaraki releasing, while being completely speechless AND having their flashback of the moment that they met. Seriously the panels that said "Hey kid, you don't have a name? Me neither" It just such a strong hint .

  17. #15
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,849
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Doesn't the sudden disappearance of Yachiru makes the theory that she is Zarakis Zampaktoo even more accurate?

    Its not that weird that they didn't notice she was a zampakuto. I mean, renji and ichigo did not notice the girls with nimaiya were zampakuto after all. To me the most suggestive part here is that its not like she was ripped out of her clothes. Her badge was there up her sleeve. Its kinda like when the vizards found those shinigami clothes without them being untied. It implies that the wearer just vanished into thin air. So far the implication in the manga is that yachiru vanished into thin air precisely as kenpachi released his sword. Add in the other bits about the name and whatnot we saw and it makes even more sense than she was a zampakuto. It would be interesting if she actually forgot and hearing her own name caused her to vanish back into the sword. Not sure of what exactly she would be though. Perhaps just a part of the zampakuto more than the whole thing. Its not like yachiru would necessarily have to go back for shikai to work considering the captain's shikai worked when their zampakuto were taken by the medals.

    Another interesting point, what if the whole thing is set so that kenpachi can release his bankai? In this scenario yachiru had spent as a materialized zampakuto around kenpachi for over 100 years. Once kenpachi figures it out he might be able to use his bankai.... Perhaps this will be used against juhabach to counter yamamoto's bankai?

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts