Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why are most of the Sternritter Insane ?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why are most of the Sternritter Insane ?

Do they have an insanity gene?
    Did they live too long in a closed space?

Seriously why???

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why are most of the Quincy Insane ?

Well, the obvious answer is juhabach. I would think he simply modeled them after the original gotei 13 which were also supposedly murderous thugs. Perhaps the case can be made that the piece of juhabach's soul within them has influenced them that way. They have a very strong link to juhabach because of the letter, it would not be weird if he can influence them to some extent into loosing their mind.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably because these are the only type of people Juha could convince to join him seeing as how he was carrying them off to war where many of them would likely die. In fact, he is counting on them dying so he can gain more power.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If you spend a millenium [or far less] within your Schattenreich, chances increase of you becoming a bit weird.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Because they are the bad guys.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Juha Mother Effin' Bach.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    Because they are the bad guys.
    Gin, Starrk, and Harribel say otherwise. As well as the non Sternritter Quincy, such as Uryu, Ryuuken, Souken, Masaki, and their family (I hope). We don't know much about Katagiri, but she seemed nice enough. Maybe she was a wild child in the bedroom.
    Last edited by eefrit; July 17, 2014 at 07:52 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Unlike the Gotei 13 I guess the Quincy have never been in peacetime, they've been living in the shadows of their enemy waiting for their king to come back so they can kill them off. Essentially they've been living for the sole purpose of war for years. Also Yhwach bred this environment where if you talk out of turn you'll get an arm blown off, if you achieve anything less than perfect success you'll get executed and if a superior officer feels like killing you to blow off some steam it's just fine, despite the weird claims of him "loving peace".

Not all of them are that mental though, Cang Du, Commissioner Gordon and Askin seem pretty sane, not nice guys, but sane. They're merciless to Shinigami but most Shinigami seem pretty merciless themselves.
    Last edited by NoOneInParticular; July 17, 2014 at 08:43 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it does seem that most of them are crazy, but it wouldnt be nearly as fun if they were all normal nice people

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    Gin, Starrk, and Harribel say otherwise. As well as the non Sternritter Quincy, such as Uryu, Ryuuken, Souken, Masaki, and their family (I hope). We don't know much about Katagiri, but she seemed nice enough. Maybe she was a wild child in the bedroom.
    I'll elaborate. For a long time, I thought that most Sternritters would survive the war and live the rest of their lives free from Yhwach, because they would have some redeeming traits and earn a bright future of freedom and peace. Little by little, my hope was crushed: as they got more screentime, they showed nothing more than being generic villains. They kill Shinigami, they kill each other, and they even backstab their own comrades for no reason other than being evil. And now half of them is dead.

They are like that because they are bad guys, and they are bad guys because they are like that. Much to my disappointment, that's all there is to them.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking that the title of the thread should be changed to sternriter or wandenreich rather than quincy. I think that would work better here. Thoughts?

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I was thinking that the title of the thread should be changed to sternriter or wandenreich rather than quincy. I think that would work better here. Thoughts?
    Not a bad idea. The implied people are all members of Vandenreich, anyway.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why are most of the Sternritter Insane ?

Who is sane in the Bleach manga anyway? I suppose everyone does have a certain degree of "insanity" or some call it "strange" in one way or another. The term "weirdo" seems to be widely used. lol

~~~~++~~~~Do You Love Me?~~~~++~~~~

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the title change. That's exactly what I meant.

As much I love action, little is revealed about each individual sternritter. Yes, it makes them look generic. One would think Kubo sensei just wants to quickly end Bleach and move onto another...
    We are left speculating. For example: During the last war, crazy cross-dressing sternritter saw boys killed left and right. Only girls are spared (and used for pleasure by shinigami, but still spared). Thus, he became obsessed with being a girl.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Suppose that there are quite a lot of Quincy in the Wandenreich, since afterall, they seem to have normal life spans, and they need to reproduce somehow (We haven't even seen any children yet, so there has to be some Quincy not taking part in the war).
    We also saw alot of weak foot soldiers from Wandenreich, which indicates a hole society behind it, and not only a pure military like Gotei 13, who relies on dead souls and not reproduction.

On the other hand, Wandenreich doesn't have a recruiting system anywhere similar to that of Soul Society (recruiting dead souls with powers), they seem to have normal life spans, and a ton of them foot soldiers in quantities.
    We can also assume that perhaps, only perhaps, Sternritters are as rare as a Lieutenant/Captain, and as such, it'd take quite a lot of Quincies to produce a strong Sternritter.
    Albeit there are a few more Sternritters around, but some of them seem to be Lieutenant level + the power boost given from Juha bach, which could put them closer to that of a Captain, anyway, just guesswork at this point.

Well, putting it all frankly, not all Quincies may be feeling to be part of this war, some factions i.e. may be against Juha Bach (If they could survive that I suppoose), but perhaps they could get away with it with not wanting to fight.
    (Another possibility could be that Juha's power boost drives them crazy, but that means Uryuu Ishida should be as well by now, I wonder).

Then there is also the whole revenge thing, or going crazy from a disfunctional society in the shadows as others have mentioned already.

Finally, Juha may just prefer nutjubs

The most importnat factor in all of this, I think, is that when Ichigo will unite Hollows/Arrancars, Quincy, Shinigami/Vizards, Humans and Fullbringers, (Seems obvious that he will, especially due to his name, massive hint, imho), he will need to be able to find some Quincy who is not a lost cause, who better than a faction not wanting to be part of Jura's warmachine?

If anything, there is bound to be more Quincy around similar to Soken.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach is full of wackjobs. It's why I like so many of the characters lol. Not everyone in the Gotei 13 is "playing with a full deck of cards" either I suppose lol. But the Stern Ritter definitely have a lot more crazy people. I wonder how Ishida feels about this. One interesting thing I've noticed is not a single Stern Ritter yet so far has talked about the "pride of the Quincy." I hope Kubo addresses Ishida's thoughts about meeting Quincy outside of his family. The Ishida family might be different from the other Quincy, but if so I wonder if Ishida was even aware.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast