Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why are most of the Sternritter Insane ?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why are most of the Sternritter Insane ?

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Bleach is full of wackjobs. It's why I like so many of the characters lol. Not everyone in the Gotei 13 is "playing with a full deck of cards" either I suppose lol. But the Stern Ritter definitely have a lot more crazy people. I wonder how Ishida feels about this. One interesting thing I've noticed is not a single Stern Ritter yet so far has talked about the "pride of the Quincy." I hope Kubo addresses Ishida's thoughts about meeting Quincy outside of his family. The Ishida family might be different from the other Quincy, but if so I wonder if Ishida was even aware.
    Ahh, the pride of the quincy. That is definitely something worth talking about. Overall I would argue it comes down to this part. Seeing that, I don't think juhabach would think differently of the pride of their own people. What good is it if it has gotten them annihilated twice (1000 and 200 years ago)? What good is it if it didn't help them win? Juhabach has so far fought an underhanded war where he has stricken down his enemies dishonorably (which is the way to go in a war BTW). He does not give a crap about pride, his quincy are not about that. His quincy are a bunch of dishonorable murderous thugs that would go to any extreme to defeat the enemy. And that is the way juhabach wants them. They do not have the pride of the quincy.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Ahh, the pride of the quincy. That is definitely something worth talking about. Overall I would argue it comes down to this part. Seeing that, I don't think juhabach would think differently of the pride of their own people. What good is it if it has gotten them annihilated twice (1000 and 200 years ago)? What good is it if it didn't help them win? Juhabach has so far fought an underhanded war where he has stricken down his enemies dishonorably (which is the way to go in a war BTW). He does not give a crap about pride, his quincy are not about that. His quincy are a bunch of dishonorable murderous thugs that would go to any extreme to defeat the enemy. And that is the way juhabach wants them. They do not have the pride of the quincy.
    Thanks a lot! This also explains why they are batsh-t insane.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Yhwach's backstory made it pretty clear. He "fixes" (not really) defective people. All these guys had some major issue before they got a piece of his soul. Which would have only fixed the physical aspect not the mental problems like doubt/lack of self worth etc. And getting fixed might have made things worse for some. Like being desperate to cling onto their new power or becoming power hungry because of it. A guy like Gremmy thought he was unrivalled.

5. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Haddrell's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Becoming a Stern Ritter involves carving a letter into their souls. We still don`t know what this actually means but to me this sounds like a very invasive, dangerous procedure that leaves the soul damaged and potentially unstable.

It also connects the soul closer to Bach than other Quincies.
    A bond that transcends their feelings and lies; the willingness to put aside differences for the other's safety; an undying respect and caring for each other. Black and White; Yin and Yang; Shinigami and Quincy.
    Kurosaki Ichigo and Ishida Uryu

By Saiyan5ninetail

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

We saw the process through uryu, its nothing like that. He drank his blood from a cup IIRC. You are thinking HP. And the process does the exact same opposite of damaging a soul, there was a chapter dedicated to that. The manga described the process as in mending a soul, as in giving it something it lacked. It does create a stronger link to juhabach and somehow leads quincy to death... I would argue that the implied downsides to the whole thing are mostly because juhabach chooses for them to be that way, he could easily just take a non asshole attitude towards it and actually benefit his brethren and also help himself every bit as much.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Gremmy was probably the strongest sternritter. Not much proof on this because we havent seen Hachwalt yet. But judging from the reactions he got from Hach and the others like Bazz B I think hes definitely up there. Personally I think Gremmy could take on Giselle, Candace, the hungry chick all at once because dam hes Gremmy. Only monsters on a whole other league like Kenpachi, Ichigo, Ywach, or Yamamoto could beat him.

But on topic I think there crazy because of power. "With great power comes great responsibility." Otherwise you go nuts.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2