Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/1/14 - 9/7/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: Did Hagoromo give Naruto better powers then Sasuke?

  1. #16
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,719
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Hagoromo give Naruto better powers then Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    Although this may be the case, the problem is that it has been written in the wiki (by random people) and not in the manga (by the author).
    This means that there is nothing to suggest that it may not be the case (other than the few manga pages, which are open to interpretation - as Sasuke/anyone else never says anything about the range being effected by swapping with another object or not).

    As for the topic of this thread. I do not believe that Sasuke got stiffed in any way compared to Naruto.
    All the bijuu powers came from the bijuu and not from Hagoromo.
    Sure, the flying, nice outfit and magic balls are all pretty sweet. However, Sasuke has the rinnegan. The most OP eye in the manga. Look what both Nagato and Madara have managed to do with it.
    It is also possible, but not for certain, that Sasuke may also unlock his other rinnegan also.

    I'd say that, from Hagoromo himself, they both got given pretty good deals. Both suitable for completely different tasks.
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/685/19

    This statement doesn't suggest he was referring to one of the uses of his jutsu? swapping with a object(in another dimension) far away.

  2. #17
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Hagoromo give Naruto better powers then Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    Although this may be the case, the problem is that it has been written in the wiki (by random people) and not in the manga (by the author).
    This means that there is nothing to suggest that it may not be the case (other than the few manga pages, which are open to interpretation - as Sasuke/anyone else never says anything about the range being effected by swapping with another object or not).

    As for the topic of this thread. I do not believe that Sasuke got stiffed in any way compared to Naruto.
    All the bijuu powers came from the bijuu and not from Hagoromo.
    Sure, the flying, nice outfit and magic balls are all pretty sweet. However, Sasuke has the rinnegan. The most OP eye in the manga. Look what both Nagato and Madara have managed to do with it.
    It is also possible, but not for certain, that Sasuke may also unlock his other rinnegan also.

    I'd say that, from Hagoromo himself, they both got given pretty good deals. Both suitable for completely different tasks.
    Wiki can be pretty reliable, but you have to check the sources. If the manga pages cited agree with the statement in Wikipedia, then it's legit.


    I think it's too early to tell, given Naruto showed the ability to float few chapters ago. The main characters are still probably discovering their power, and they can always call upon unknown power in time of duress and stress as Naruto did when all were about to fall in the lava. Though, I really have no idea what the Sage gave Naruto and Sasuke, apart from truthseeker orbs, teleportation, Senjutsu, and Sharrinnegan.

  3. #18
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,081
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Hagoromo give Naruto better powers then Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudobito View Post
    There is a solution to the range problem though, here is what the wikia states about this : The range can be extended if Sasuke uses this ability to swap places with an object, as seen when he was able to cross a far distance by swapping places with Sakura's discarded flak jacket.[1]

    About him having to close his eye when it's not in use makes me think that when he'll go back to Konoha, he'll most probably cover his left eye with his headband like Kakashi does.
    For the sake of it, it's obviously based on Trafalgar Law ability. Just like Kaguya's resembles an Arrancar traveling through dimensions.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  4. #19
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudobito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kamui dimension
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Hagoromo give Naruto better powers then Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    Although this may be the case, the problem is that it has been written in the wiki (by random people) and not in the manga (by the author).
    This means that there is nothing to suggest that it may not be the case (other than the few manga pages, which are open to interpretation - as Sasuke/anyone else never says anything about the range being effected by swapping with another object or not).

    As for the topic of this thread. I do not believe that Sasuke got stiffed in any way compared to Naruto.
    All the bijuu powers came from the bijuu and not from Hagoromo.
    Sure, the flying, nice outfit and magic balls are all pretty sweet. However, Sasuke has the rinnegan. The most OP eye in the manga. Look what both Nagato and Madara have managed to do with it.
    It is also possible, but not for certain, that Sasuke may also unlock his other rinnegan also.

    I'd say that, from Hagoromo himself, they both got given pretty good deals. Both suitable for completely different tasks.
    Yeah I agree, but so far they've been doing an excellent work. But in that case yeah that's nothing more than pure speculation about the range being extended but it's actually true nonetheless because let us say that Sasuke is facing an opponent and that opponent is out of the range in which Sasuke can utilise his S/T technique, he can just switch places with an object in front of him ( but that object has to be in teleportation range ) and thus as he switched location with that object, the opponent might be found once again in Sasuke's teleportation range as the latter managed to get closer to his foe. Sadly, I don't have any graphics to properly illustrate this thought of mine. I think that the wikia thought that it was so obvious, in fact it really is but still it's merely an assumption for the time being unless Kishi states something about this.

    ---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    For the sake of it, it's obviously based on Trafalgar Law ability. Just like Kaguya's resembles an Arrancar traveling through dimensions.
    Spoiler: Off-Topic show


    But back on topic, it seems as though Sasuke's range can be increased only if he manages to switch places with objects but I'm wondering if he can do that continuously though.
    Last edited by Rikudobito; July 18, 2014 at 03:32 PM.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #20
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Posts
    1,149
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Hagoromo give Naruto better powers then Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/685/19

    This statement doesn't suggest he was referring to one of the uses of his jutsu? swapping with a object(in another dimension) far away.
    I didn't say it was impossible that the wiki was right, just that the manga didn't outright state what the wiki does.
    The manga does suggest that he swapped his place with another place in a different dimension - it doesn't say that the jacket didn't just get brought along for the ride.
    Nor does it state that, had the jacket not been there, Sasuke couldn't have jumped to that dimension/that distance without it.

    Now, yes, it heavilly suggests that he swapped places with that jacket.

    However:
    Firstly, he appears behind Sakura, whereas she obviously threw the jacket in front of her before moving back behind Obito to give him chakra.
    and more importantly:
    Why would swapping with another object increase the range - with the range being lesser if there is no object to swap with?

    Again, I am not denying that what the wiki says is possible, but that the manga has to do a better job of describing it before we can go stating 100% that it is exactly as the wiki states.

    Also, even if it is as the wiki says, I still do not believe that either Sasuke or Naruto got out on top with the powers given by the Sage.
    Infinite RAGE!

  7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #21
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudobito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kamui dimension
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Hagoromo give Naruto better powers then Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    but that the manga has to do a better job of describing it before we can go stating 100% that it is exactly as the wiki states.
    That's very true. So far, we've scarcely been given any information on any techniques being used these days, Kishi is not going into details at all, I think he's probably rushing the manga towards its end and hopes to finish it as quickly as possible. We're all still waiting for Kishi to give information about a lot of things which we deem, should have been further elaborated on. Hopefully, we'll get to see all of these "missed" explanations in the forthcoming 4th Databook.

    Quote Quote:
    Also, even if it is as the wiki says, I still do not believe that either Sasuke or Naruto got out on top with the powers given by the Sage.
    Hmm...that depends, Kaguya is the strongest for all we know and obviously Hagoromo is stronger than each of them and naturally Madara as well. One of them is either 4th or 5th, but still, I think of them as equals, maybe this might change if something crosses Kishi's mind but whatever. Definitely though, they're individually each much stronger than Obito as the host for the Shinju, after all Naruto outright overwhelmed Madara in his Jinchūriki form even before the former powered up into his Six Paths' Sage Mode and the latter was even forced to absorb the Shinju, I don't know how Obito would fare any better in a fight against either Naruto or Sasuke.

  9. #22
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,728
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Hagoromo give Naruto better powers then Sasuke?

    Well, naruto right now has the better deal simply because he has the chakra of the 9 biju to help him out. The chakra of the sage along with the chakra of the biju allows him for limitless possibilities. As far as sasuke goes he does not lag behind at least when it comes to the powers he got directly from the sage. He has access to all of his old eye jutsu, he has a teleporting technique and since he has a rinnengan it would make sense he has other sanmara techniques. He can now use the same susanoo as indra apparently so perhaps the case can be made that at the moment he is ahead of naruto. Naruto has yet to use the gundam form of his chakra. It shouldn't be long though.

  10. #23
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,155
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Hagoromo give Naruto better powers then Sasuke?

    Hagaromo didn't give Naruto more impressive powers than Sasuke got. People are including what Naruto gained from the Bijuu with what Hagoromo gave him. If we're going by what Hagoromo gave him alone, he's gained the ability to heal people and the ability to sense foes in other dimensions (Limbo).

    His alternate elements? From the Bijuu.
    Bujougoma? from the Bijuu
    Flying? Bijuu

    Sasuke however received from Hagaoromo:

    An S/T jutsu
    Rinnegan (not shown yet but potentially other Rinnegan jutsu as well as ability to see other-dimensional foes.)
    New elements (people claim the black Chidori is just natural energy, but if that were the case every time CS2 Sasuke used Chidori it would've been black)
    Larger chakra reserve (evidenced by his final form Susanoo)
    Natural energy (or something similar)
    Immunity to Madara's Inyouton rods

    Sasuke's received more from Hagoromo than Naruto did, but Naruto has more powers because he also has Bijuu.

  11. #24
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,081
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Hagoromo give Naruto better powers then Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Larger chakra reserve (evidenced by his final form Susanoo)
    I am not sure about that. Somehow it doesn't seems a Susano'o is draining so much Chakra in the perfect form.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  12. #25
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Hagoromo give Naruto better powers then Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    I am not sure about that. Somehow it doesn't seems a Susano'o is draining so much Chakra in the perfect form.
    The bigger the Susano is the more chakra it demands. The more potent Susano is the more chakra it demands. Its perfectly logical.

    @ninjabot

    Quote Quote:
    New elements (people claim the black Chidori is just natural energy, but if that were the case every time CS2 Sasuke used Chidori it would've been black)
    Sasuke used Chidori in CS lvl 2 after his battle at VOE? I don't even remember lol.

    PS. Excluding the "Sasuke got more jutsus from his Rinnegan" I don't think the old man gave Sasuke more then Naruto.

  13. #26
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,081
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Hagoromo give Naruto better powers then Sasuke?

    But Sasuke used the Perfect Susano'o before gaining Indra's powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  14. #27
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudobito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kamui dimension
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Hagoromo give Naruto better powers then Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post

    His alternate elements? From the Bijuu.
    Bujougoma? from the Bijuu
    Flying? Bijuu

    While I agree with you about what you said thatSasuke obtained from Hagoromo... what I put in bold about your post is highly debatable. For all we know, the only way of getting Truthseeker orbs is to become the Jinchuuriki for the Juubi, whether or not becoming the Jinchuuriki of all the Bijuus ( or simply possessing the chakra of all of them ) enables one person to get access to the Truthseeker orbs or flying is still pretty much unknown at this point. However, the only thing we know is that, Hagoromo who once was the Jinchuuriki for the Juubi, possessed Gudoudamas when he met with Naruto & Sasuke. Even if I know that this has been discussed many times prior to now, Hagoromo just passed his Juubi Jin powers which at the same time is called Rikudou Senjutsu onto Naruto and the power of the Rinnegan onto Sasuke. Naruto even possesses the trademark of Juubi Jinchuurikis on his back ; the Rinnegan seal w/ 9 Magatamas. I think that the Truthseeker Orbs and Rinnegan seal w/9 Magatamas on his back are a manifestation of Hagoromo's chakra while the Bijuu are here to supply the chakra needed for his techniques.

  15. #28
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,169
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Hagoromo give Naruto better powers then Sasuke?

    Naruto vs Sasuke
    Physical vs Ocular
    Yang vs Yin

    Naruto is physically the stronger one with more destructive techs while Sasuke's focus is the eyes, so for the most part, they shouldn't be far part....(Minus the 9 tailed beast).
    "Sasuke has never been selfish, he's only been self-centered"

  16. #29
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,719
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Hagoromo give Naruto better powers then Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    Naruto vs Sasuke
    Physical vs Ocular
    Yang vs Yin

    Naruto is physically the stronger one with more destructive techs while Sasuke's focus is the eyes, so for the most part, they shouldn't be far part....(Minus the 9 tailed beast).
    The nine tailed beast focus on Naruto's physical strength. I agree they aren't far apart, including the beasts... There's a vs thread for this if you want to have them compete against one another.

  17. #30
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,155
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Hagoromo give Naruto better powers then Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan
    Sasuke used Chidori in CS lvl 2 after his battle at VOE? I don't even remember lol.
    Multiple times.

    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/360/13

    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/361/5

    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/361/7

    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/361/13

    Only time his Chidori was ever black was when he first used it against Naruto. So it's not the natural energy doing it.

    Quote Quote:
    PS. Excluding the "Sasuke got more jutsus from his Rinnegan" I don't think the old man gave Sasuke more then Naruto.
    Only if you include what Naruto got from the Bijuu would the list be in his favor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudobito
    While I agree with you about what you said thatSasuke obtained from Hagoromo... what I put in bold about your post is highly debatable. For all we know, the only way of getting Truthseeker orbs is to become the Jinchuuriki for the Juubi, whether or not becoming the Jinchuuriki of all the Bijuus ( or simply possessing the chakra of all of them ) enables one person to get access to the Truthseeker orbs or flying is still pretty much unknown at this point.
    I disagree. The only Bujuogoma wielders to wield them have been Juubi Jinchuuriki, or characters with chakra from al 9 bijuu. Ditto for all the symbols on their backs. All of these are Juubi Jinchuuriki exclusive prior to Hagoromo's interference.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox666
    But Sasuke used the Perfect Susano'o before gaining Indra's powers.
    You're confusing complete with final. The Susanoo's are ranked like:

    Riblet>Complete> (skeleton)>Perfect (with clothes)>Final (has the paper machete looking parts over the clothes and the beak-like nose)>Sublimated Final (has wings).

    The one Sasuke used before having EMS and after receiving Itachi's eyes was just the Final form. The one he has now is the Indra-like Sublimated Final Susanoo (like Madara's but with wings).

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts