1) I believe there is a cool down time, because if their wasn't he could do multiple switches at a time to reach to a far location.
2) Sasuke's ability is on the same transmission speed as Minato and Tobirama's.
3) Sasuke's ability does not require a weapon or a touch with a seal in order for the transmission to work, whereas Minato and Tobirama's does.
4) Sasuke's ability is limited in distance whereas Minato and Tobirama's are unlimited in distance.
5) For Sasuke's transmission to work, his left eye has to view an object or simply an area for him to switch places with. It's weak in that respect if you can blind that one sharingan eye from seeing a location.
6) He cannot switch places with his eyes closed.
7) There may be another cool down time for how many times he can use the ability in general...seeing as how he had to close his eye when Naruto re-made Kakashi's eye.
If you have anything to add or you disprove of anything in this list, please don't hesitate to share.
That seems pretty accurate so far. I expect we're likely to see a bit more of the ability, and maybe get some specifics. There are a few questions remaining about the ability that I'd like to see addressed, particularly its limits.
You seem to have hit the nail on the head, however we also need to assume it's also a lot like Obitos jutsu. Seeing as its a teleportation, and yet solely sharingan/rinnegan mix eye jutsu that can only be done so many times, we have to assume it must be another eye jutsu that is similar to that of Obitos seeing as only he has been the only one with a similar power. Sure the teleportation is a lot like Minatos and Tobiramas, however without signs, and a closer look at when it can be used, it's tied to the eye. When his chakra levels lowered in the fight with Kaguyu, the left eye reverted back into mangekyo sharingan, and we didn't see another teleportation, until it was back. So it has to be linked to Obitos eye prowess right?
PS. Many believe its not limited on switching places with other objects. Changing position just increases its range.
Last edited by xXan; August 23, 2014 at 03:44 AM.
From what we know of:
- Sasuke can switch the places of two objects, including people of himself;
- Sasuke can move instantly, or appears to do so;
- It's necessary to have eye contact, similar to the Mangekyou Sharingan;
- The ability has an effective range, as explained by madara;
- It probably has some cooldown, as Sasuke uses it sporadically;
- It may be possible that the switching bodies must be of similar sizes.
1. He can't teleport without an object or someone. That's somehow his ''marking'' for his ability.
2. He can't teleport a deym big jutsu like bijuudama.
3. He can't use it instantaneously like hiraishin.
4. He can't use it from one dimension to another.
I'm not sure Sasuke requires eyesight to teleport because once again, when Madara was turned into a big blob during his Kaguya transformation, Sasuke teleported behind him. He couldn't have seen through the blob as it was permeated with enormous amounts of chakra. Also when he saved both he and Naruto from hitting the lava:
http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/680/15 Sasuke's behind Kaguya, and Naruto's in front of her...
http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/681 They're both falling to the lava moving further away from each other, but actually facing each other.
http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/681/3 Now he teleports and ends up behind Naruto, stopping him from falling into the lava.