Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Chapter 755 Discussion/ 756 Prediction

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Chapter 755 Discussion/ 756 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    Well for one the the volumes that have these arcs in them didn't sell nearly as well as the previous one. I already posted a post were I showed how far the selling of OP volumes did fall especially if another manga (ATTACk ON TITANS) sold nearly double as much as the record holder OP itself.
    That is not completely accurate. While OP sold 2 books in the first half of 2014, AoT sold 17 books. Now there is a certain reason to explain that. OP sales decreased, I admit that, however the increase of AoT is mainly due to its new anime. AoT dethroning OP had little to do with the dressrosa arc, but with the marketing of the anime. I'm fairly certain OP will take 2014, despite losing the first half to AoT.

Anyway, I'm far to tired to write a detailed analyse on this matter, but I believe u get my point.

btw OP is still holding easily 1st place in single book sale:
    1. One Piece 73 -> 2,825,339
    2. Attack on Titan 12 -> 1,770,746

Quote Originally Posted by BetaRuler View Post
    TLDR... Can we CREATE a thread for the people who DON'T like the story pacing to use instead of filling out our chapter of the week thread up with this unnecessary show of negativity.
    I have been with this forum for many years. Yet I still don't get why ppl with positive opinion on weekly chapter can't tolerate negative opinions .. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Ironically it isn't. Srsly grow up and try to tolerate other humans opinions.

That separate thread you are talking about is nothing but disrespecting. You have no right to condemn those who you disagree with. Everyone has his or her right to express their opinion. Use your brain and words to questions those you disagree with, instead of trying to forcefully divide the fanbase in two. Read history and u will understand that it is wrong.
    Last edited by BlackHair; August 04, 2014 at 10:07 AM.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I don't think Zoro's fight will end anytime soon mainly because he's fighting one of the top officers of Doflamingo. There isn't much else for him to do besides odd jobs or run around lost or fight some marines or something since Sabo is already dealing with Fujitora. If Sabo gets off-panelled (which I doubt he will actually lose that badly after showing up in this arc) then Zoro will probably end up having to face Fujitora (hold him off) and stall until some time when things settle down. But mainly, if tradition holds, Zoro will finish his fight just before Luffy finishes his main fight with Doflamingo; and until then we will only be getting small updates of his battle from time to time.

As far as the format of this arc goes, I understand that not much progression seems to be taking place chapter to chapter; however, I don't really find it irritating or boring. I guess its a matter of personal taste and opinion... I got nothing against anyone who complains.

I do think though that a lot of progression took place this chapter as far as the SMILE factory is concerned. Namely, Doflamingo's confidence in it being safe was completely bypassed even though he had it made out of sea-stone AND is currently holding onto it's key thinking that no-body will be able to enter it, let alone destroy it.

- 1st, he thought he had Luffy in the bag inside the colosseum only to find out that it was someone else.
    - 2nd, he figured that as long as Sugar was safe, none of his offences (against the people and the world government) will be revealed.
    - and now this... (SMILE factory)

I really doubt he will remain in his castle and play games with Luffy and Law like he did with his clone when he finds out that the impenetrable SMILE factory has been breached. lol Which makes me think that when Luffy finally gets to the castle, Doflamingo will have left starting another chase (angering more fans?).

Also, Fujitora's relationship with Doflamingo has to be resolved as well... where Doflamingo plans to double-cross him. I believe this has to happen before Doflamingo starts his final battle with Luffy or it wouldn't be as relevant or impactful.

It just so happens that a lot of things are taking place in this arc and the author has chosen to present everything the way he has.... Experience tells me that when he finishes the arc/saga, things will all fall into place nicely and whatever criticisms that may be valid right now may not be so at that point when we see the whole forest and not just the trees... at least that's my hope.

Hmm....post got really long didn't it?

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if you guys want to be negative all the time GREAT I'll keep stating every single positive I can find . I will not judge you about your opinion as long as you do the same . (WIN WIN)

I'm just saying you guys know Oda was sick just maybe he though "let me try something different since I've been sick so long. They go love the outcome." Some complaining about characters others fussing about pacing while I'm scrolling down (reads KissManga Version) enjoying the drawing, the fights and puns in the chapter that most of you guys don't understand .

Some of you guys want 2years ago One Piece but doesn't understand that the manga is evolving from a single plot manga into a multi plot manga , we might see Sanji or Zoro away from the Thousand Sunny doing something important , who knows . Let Oda do his craft he "plans on doing for 10 more years" because if this Arc get awesome suddenly the bandwagon going to be full again . (That's my "opinion)
    What's understood ain't gotta be explained
    But you don't understand me so let me explain
    Stood in the heat, the flames, the snow
    Please slow down hurricane

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suna View Post
    Don't complain about complainers of complainer's complains, won't you.
    Oh boy, you're such a teaser.. *hide my face*

Ok ok, jokes aside..

I'm not a big fan of complains. I'm just stating my observation as seen in so many threads and it goes on week after week. Kinda getting used to this community in that sense. hehe I do believe in freedom of speech, whether positive, negative or even neutral. Everyone can say or do whatever they want and like, not that it really matters. But constructive criticism is always welcome, not the cursing and swearing, or verbal abuse (that will scare me..). Again, this is a discussion forum for the manga and the focus is always on the story itself. In fact there are some of you who have very interesting ideas and opinions and even speculation of the story, I truly quite enjoy reading them especially while we are still waiting for the "full" story to unveil itself.

Now, letting my imagination run wild for a bit.. I feel that the Tontatta Kingdom may have some "hidden" story (which I have stated before) behind them some 400 years ago. The only thing that has been told was that Noland helped them before, and years later Doflamingo took a step further by taking over King Riku's rule which also included the overthrowing of the people of the Tontatta tribe who then were made into slaves. The current story revealed the dwarf Princess who was imprisoned in Doflamingo's kingdom has a "special" power which I think it could be related to an ancient weapon (some of you have also guessed the same thing), which further incurred more suspicion of the original intent of Doflamingo's overruling the previous authority during his initial invasion of Dressrosa.

The "special" power may have a relation or have some use to the production of the artificial Devil Fruit, Smile (despite it being successful), like making the Devil Fruit better or reducing its risk or maybe it could be a separate issue whereby Doflamingo could use Smiles with combination of the Princess' power to accomplish his "rule the world" goal.

This arc is gonna be super long, just like many other previous arcs. I remember the time when Luffy first heard the news about his brother, Ace, who was caught and jailed, and Luffy hurriedly decided to go to Impel Down to save him; that was one of the longest arcs I must say. Thus in thinking of the author's writing style, one could imagine a 10,000 pieces jigsaw puzzle in the author's hand which he will then take his time to form the full picture. Till then, we will get the story.

~~~~++~~~~Do You Love Me?~~~~++~~~~

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ProGoddess View Post
    Now, letting my imagination run wild for a bit.. I feel that the Tontatta Kingdom may have some "hidden" story (which I have stated before) behind them some 400 years ago. The only thing that has been told was that Noland helped them before, and years later Doflamingo took a step further by taking over King Riku's rule which also included the overthrowing of the people of the Tontatta tribe who then were made into slaves. The current story revealed the dwarf Princess who was imprisoned in Doflamingo's kingdom has a "special" power which I think it could be related to an ancient weapon (some of you have also guessed the same thing), which further incurred more suspicion of the original intent of Doflamingo's overruling the previous authority during his initial invasion of Dressrosa.
    This is something the story hasn't even delved into deeply yet (just like Law's flashback, Sunny's status, and many other things that a lot of people seem to be waiting for). Heck, the strawhats are referred to by the Tontatta as "[insert strawhat name here]Land" and we still don't know what exactly happened when Norland visited them and supposedly became their hero somehow. I'm sure him being a botanist and the Tontatta being masters at growing plants isn't a coincidence either.

I'm actually more interested in seeing how all of these historical stories fit into the strawhats happening to be there at the right time and place (will of D and all that) just like in Skypea.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anduren View Post
    This is something the story hasn't even delved into deeply yet (just like Law's flashback, Sunny's status, and many other things that a lot of people seem to be waiting for). Heck, the strawhats are referred to by the Tontatta as "[insert strawhat name here]Land" and we still don't know what exactly happened when Norland visited them and supposedly became their hero somehow. I'm sure him being a botanist and the Tontatta being masters at growing plants isn't a coincidence either.

I'm actually more interested in seeing how all of these historical stories fit into the strawhats happening to be there at the right time and place (will of D and all that) just like in Skypea.
    Yes, there are many different pieces of information here and there (it's all Oda's pick hehe ) and many individual stories that need to be told. Besides the Tontatta tribe, there are Law's childhood and his relation with Doflamingo as a kid; the whereabouts of Sunny and those on board of the ship; Doflamingo's history with his brother whom he killed and why, as well as the murder of his parents (erm..); Sabo and Fujitora's fight; Sabo's past (his sudden appearance was a surprise) and his relation with the Revolutionary Army and with Luffy's father, Dragon (for all we know is that he is the second-in-command in Dragon's Army), and many more. Wow! The list just goes on and on. hehe! ^_^

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    I have been with this forum for many years. Yet I still don't get why ppl with positive opinion on weekly chapter can't tolerate negative opinions .. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Ironically it isn't. Srsly grow up and try to tolerate other humans opinions.
    I frequently visit here, and basically the first 5 pages have no discussion in them, just people feeling like saying whether or not they loved or hate it, I'm trying to swim through these love/hate opinions to read upon the discussion that has hit this page which is far more interesting and relevant to why I came here in the first place.

I prefer to read the theory crafting, such as back when in the toy factory everyone theorizing Cavendish alter ego could take over and cause trouble... While now the interesting thing is theorizing what the new princesses power is, and now pointing out why it makes sense that Doflamingo wanted to take over this kingdom in the first place. That's something I didn't pick up on reading it for myself, why did Doflamingo decide he needed to own this kingdom in the first place? Not just because it belonged to his ancestors that's just a convenient reason and probably the answer to HOW he got the information he had about the kingdom including the tontatta princesses power in the first place.
    So I said this with a belief that my opinion actually mattered at least by 1 iota!

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda is a crafty guy indeed . I don't understand this, if the Mermaid princess inherited the ancient weapon Poseidon and the ancient weapon pluton is "man made" how can they be equal ? It's said that the Pluton blueprints still exist so their a chance of their having more then one super warship but only one person has the Poseidon ability to communication with seakings ? Now that the Tontatta princess exist does she has the Uranus ancient weapon inside her or is it man made ? Personally I hope Mansherry doesn't have it inside her that would be too easy to guess knowing that the FL arc just showed a princess whose a ancient weapon descendant . Clearly Oda knows he's making Mansherry JUST like Shirahoshi maybe he's justing feeding us "clone" bait until we actually she Mansherry ability; her being a crybaby with long hair might just be his way of saying "assume the expected" which most of us most likely feed into .

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Yes, there are many different pieces of information here and there (it's all Oda's pick hehe ) and many individual stories that need to be told. Besides the Tontatta tribe, there are Law's childhood and his relation with Doflamingo as a kid; the whereabouts of Sunny and those on board of the ship; Doflamingo's history with his brother whom he killed and why, as well as the murder of his parents (erm..); Sabo and Fujitora's fight; Sabo's past (his sudden appearance was a surprise) and his relation with the Revolutionary Army and with Luffy's father, Dragon (for all we know is that he is the second-in-command in Dragon's Army), and many more. Wow! The list just goes on and on. hehe! ^_^
    Its like a GIANT puzzle that Oda simply placing piece by piece as he goes . I can guess one thing for sure, Doflamingo doesn't want things to go as "planned" he simply want to destroy everything history already has set in motion . This mindset been seen since the first Time Bellamy and Doflamingo we're showcased, the mentality to destroy the current pirate age and begin "anew" . Clearly Doflamingo didn't enjoy the preset life he had as Celestial Dragon that's why he became a pirate in the first place so my guesses is that Corazon was killed by Doflamingo when he wanted to be a underground broker . Corazon probably didn't agree with Doflamingo wishes to become this underground kingpin, a fight might of broke loose which lead to Corazon death . Being that Corazon was Law's mentor or teacher this could of caused him a change or mind (if he didn't have one already) of destroying the preset future which fate handed to him . Also the white city seemed like diseased city as Law said he didn't have much time to live, being a doctor he could probably prelong his death a little bit before "destroying" everything but now with a new mindset he wants to save everything . Hopefully this doesn't mean that Law dies . If Law lives (maybe with Chopper help seening that he finally found antidotes for diseases and such) I'm pretty sure the alliance will live . This could also be the reason why Law's crew wears such heavy clothing . (my imaginary is wide too)
    Last edited by jamarTheDem; August 02, 2014 at 11:02 AM.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be better to get 2 chaps a week to sorted out all the mini personnage stories (history, flashback, dofla's brother, kid's past) and get some quality actions !

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tony p View Post
    It will be better to get 2 chaps a week to sorted out all the mini personnage stories (history, flashback, dofla's brother, kid's past) and get some quality actions !
    Errrrrrr... you know that Oda is having some issues drawing a chapter everyweek? And that's why we have breaks each month !
    I'm okay, this would be MUCH better. But it ain't possible :/

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Green Grin Re: One Piece Chapter 755 Discussion/ 756 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by jamarTheDem View Post
    Oda is a crafty guy indeed . I don't understand this, if the Mermaid princess inherited the ancient weapon Poseidon and the ancient weapon pluton is "man made" how can they be equal ? It's said that the Pluton blueprints still exist so their a chance of their having more then one super warship but only one person has the Poseidon ability to communication with seakings ? Now that the Tontatta princess exist does she has the Uranus ancient weapon inside her or is it man made ? Personally I hope Mansherry doesn't have it inside her that would be too easy to guess knowing that the FL arc just showed a princess whose a ancient weapon descendant . Clearly Oda knows he's making Mansherry JUST like Shirahoshi maybe he's justing feeding us "clone" bait until we actually she Mansherry ability; her being a crybaby with long hair might just be his way of saying "assume the expected" which most of us most likely feed into .

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Its like a GIANT puzzle that Oda simply placing piece by piece as he goes . I can guess one thing for sure, Doflamingo doesn't want things to go as "planned" he simply want to destroy everything history already has set in motion . This mindset been seen since the first Time Bellamy and Doflamingo we're showcased, the mentality to destroy the current pirate age and begin "anew" . Clearly Doflamingo didn't enjoy the preset life he had as Celestial Dragon that's why he became a pirate in the first place so my guesses is that Corazon was killed by Doflamingo when he wanted to be a underground broker . Corazon probably didn't agree with Doflamingo wishes to become this underground kingpin, a fight might of broke loose which lead to Corazon death . Being that Corazon was Law's mentor or teacher this could of caused him a change or mind (if he didn't have one already) of destroying the preset future which fate handed to him . Also the white city seemed like diseased city as Law said he didn't have much time to live, being a doctor he could probably prelong his death a little bit before "destroying" everything but now with a new mindset he wants to save everything . Hopefully this doesn't mean that Law dies . If Law lives (maybe with Chopper help seening that he finally found antidotes for diseases and such) I'm pretty sure the alliance will live . This could also be the reason why Law's crew wears such heavy clothing . (my imaginary is wide too)
    It could be a preset criteria of Oda's characters, like setting a baseline to start off a story of a particular character or a group of characters. Say, in terms of storyline in relation to its characters like Princess Shirahoshi, who has inherited the ancient weapon and the current Princess Mansherry who may also have a set of ancient weapon residing inside her or she could be the weapon itself or perhaps something else in which she may have connection with that is significant enough for someone as ambitious as Doflamingo to have set his eyes upon by even going through to such an extensive way to conquer a nation by any kind of means, evil or not. Looking at his personality and character, it seems that the act of killing, slaughtering or annihilating of any kind or form of lives are just like his daily routine meals (though "eating" scenes seem to be quite an "exclusive" privilege to the Straw Hat crews. hahaha! ).

On the account of Law's life and his lifespan, it is still uncertain (I suppose). I mean it is still unknown to us as to what has happened to him and if he is really sick or whatsoever. However if he is like what you have guessed, that he has contracted a certain kind of disease or illness, then I think he has met the "best" pirate crew in the whole One Piece universe. As far as the story is concerned, Chopper is a skillful doctor. Though his medical skills have not been "tested" (as shown in the story) frequently and also not recently, but I believe if he gets wind of Law's condition or if Law suddenly falls sick or collapses, I'm sure Chopper will definitely try his best to save him. From what that has been seen, he is a responsible doctor who is also kind and kindhearted (funny too). Thus I think if anyone who is sick and is under Chopper's care, shouldn't be worrying so much. The only worry is that if the illness or disease is curable or not by which it may go beyond the doctor's hand.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It could be a preset criteria of Oda's characters, like setting a baseline to start off a story of a particular character or a group of characters. Say, in terms of storyline in relation to its characters like Princess Shirahoshi, who has inherited the ancient weapon and the current Princess Mansherry who may also have a set of ancient weapon residing inside her or she could be the weapon itself or perhaps something else in which she may have connection with that is significant enough for someone as ambitious as Doflamingo to have set his eyes upon by even going through to such an extensive way to conquer a nation by any kind of means, evil or not. Looking at his personality and character, it seems that the act of killing, slaughtering or annihilating of any kind or form of lives are just like his daily routine meals (though "eating" scenes seem to be quite an "exclusive" privilege to the Straw Hat crews. hahaha! ).

On the account of Law's life and his lifespan, it is still uncertain (I suppose). I mean it is still unknown to us as to what has happened to him and if he is really sick or whatsoever. However if he is like what you have guessed, that he has contracted a certain kind of disease or illness, then I think he has met the "best" pirate crew in the whole One Piece universe. As far as the story is concerned, Chopper is a skillful doctor. Though his medical skills have not been "tested" (as shown in the story) frequently and also not recently, but I believe if he gets wind of Law's condition or if Law suddenly falls sick or collapses, I'm sure Chopper will definitely try his best to save him. From what that has been seen, he is a responsible doctor who is also kind and kindhearted (funny too). Thus I think if anyone who is sick and is under Chopper's care, shouldn't be worrying so much. The only worry is that if the illness or disease is curable or not by which it may go beyond the doctor's hand.
    Agreed Chopper is the perfect doctor and I'm sure if Chopper saves Law then Luffy's debt from Law will be repaid . Back to Law not being evil anymore remember when he delivered a 100 pirate hearts to the marine to be a warlord (I think) ? If Law really wanted to destroy everything he could of killed a 100 pirates , join the warlords then killed multiply marines . It seemed NOW that I look at it that from the moment the Straw Hats met Lawnit seems Law been helping them out more then being a rival . Well that's enough over thinking for now

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

We still need a proper explanation for why he saved Luffy in Marineford. I am sure Oda won't leave it without an answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    We still need a proper explanation for why he saved Luffy in Marineford. I am sure Oda won't leave it without an answer.
    Different explanations. Luffy's ability to make friendships and allies that want to help him; Law wanting Luffy's aid in takin down Doflamingo; Law wanting Luffy in his debt for a favor or something; Law's interest in Luffy and what kind of impact he'll have... to be honest, I don't mind the lack of explanation. him saving Luffy is in no way a negative thing, so I personally can do without an explanation. We do have many hints as to why he saved Luffy.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

25. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If you really look at Law attention were more to sabotage everything Doflamingo has going on for himself; from his underground broker status to his Warload position and finally his piracy rights . Maybe him defeating Doflamingo physically isn't as important to him as defeating Doflamingo mentally .

27. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast