Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 137

Thread: One Piece Chapter 755 Discussion/ 756 Prediction

  1. #91
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MOYcano 0.23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Mexico
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Chapter 755 Discussion/ 756 Prediction

    I think the hard boiled fight was actually quite funny and unexpected but, yes, it took too many pages.

    For my prediction, I'm guessing that Tontatta army is the ace up Doflamingo's sleeve... because, what will happen when suddenly and actively he threaten to kill Mansherry if they don't attack Luffy's side? Maybe, that's her power.
    Please excuse my Spanglish

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #92
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Africa and America.
    Country
    South Africa
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    915
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Chapter 755 Discussion/ 756 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by mh200 View Post
    Oda is staling story ...

    if he thinks he can continue like this for another 10 years , he is wrong ...
    Well, I kind of agree with you here. However, you have to realize, WSJ has rights to One Piece and right now, it's doing so well that stretching out the story arcs like this is working out for them from a business perspective. At the end of the day, it's all about profits for WSJ and I'm sure, Oda would like to move on to other stories eventually.

    Then again, it takes a lot out of you to create a great stories.

    "I did battle with ignorance today and ignorance won".

  4. #93
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Malaysia
    Posts
    585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Chapter 755 Discussion/ 756 Prediction

    Aside from the Franky and Senor Pink fight which was cringe-worthy, I didn't find the chapter that bad. Though it's still the weakest chapter of this arc IMO.
    -I'm glad that the factory destruction plot is moving along since that is the main reason why this arc exist in the first place.
    -The dwarves being so naive and gullible still annoys me. I don't even understand how they managed to survive so long with that mentality. Though the scene of them wearing ear plugs was funny.
    -Doflamingo sure love collecting princess, doesn't he?
    -Manshelly probably has some hax ability like Viola.

  5. #94
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Chapter 755 Discussion/ 756 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by MOYcano 0.23 View Post
    For my prediction, I'm guessing that Tontatta army is the ace up Doflamingo's sleeve... because, what will happen when suddenly and actively he threaten to kill Mansherry if they don't attack Luffy's side? Maybe, that's her power.
    If Trebol alone could take on all the dwarfes, would Doflamingo recognize their strength?
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  6. #95
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Somewhere close to far and away ^.^
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Chapter 755 Discussion/ 756 Prediction

    Tbh everybody is complaining about the bad in this chapter but seems to overlook the good . EVERY missing element of this arc was introduced in 2/3 chapters where before hand it was VERY slow paced....isn't this what you wanted ? With this new development this arc might end this year .

    - The pages with Franky was very funny to me . Why do this manga has to be action pack all the time ? Everything you guys saying is bias cause once the anime comes out these little puns will be awesome to you guys . I can't wait to find out what's Franky nipple light move

    I agree lots of cliff hangers but Oda has the ability the put it all together in a chapter or two like a puzzle....clearly "some" of you don't believe in Oda abilities.

    Chapter ratings: 7.5/10
    Last edited by jamarTheDem; August 01, 2014 at 12:10 AM.
    To LIVE is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there. - Kofi Annan

  7. #96
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Storm's End
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    869
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Chapter 755 Discussion/ 756 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by jamarTheDem View Post
    Tbh everybody is complaining about the bad in this chapter but seems to overlook the good . EVERY missing element of this arc was introduced in 2/3 chapters where before hand it was VERY slow paced....isn't this what you wanted ? With this new development this arc might end this year .

    - The pages with Franky was very funny to me . Why do this manga has to be action pack all the time ? Everything you guys saying is bias cause once the anime comes out these little puns will be awesome to you guys . I can't wait to find out what's Franky nipple light move

    I agree lots of cliff hangers but Oda has the ability the put it all together in a chapter or two like a puzzle....clearly "some" of you don't believe in Oda abilities.

    Chapter ratings: 7.5/10
    Well seeing that Oda failed to deliver a decent story in two arcs in a row is kinda reason enough to loose believe in Oda. This arc seems to be continuing there where the two other fail arcs stopped.

  8. #97
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Chapter 755 Discussion/ 756 Prediction

    Least JamarTheDem knows One Piece well. It is like a puzzle that takes time to unravel.

    Of course reading the chapter week by week seemingly reveals nothing, but when reading large portions of the manga you'll get the hype you wanted.

    I'm just a little disappointed in this attitude from this community. I didn't come here just to read a bunch of people who clearly don't seem to want be here to say anything positive or constructive, just they find it boring, not enough eye candy to dribble over, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. If it bores you that much, STOP stinking this place out with the negativity and leave this place to people who still enjoy reading One Piece right now and actually WANT to talk about it. Come back in a months time or whatever when the story has progressed far enough for you people =(
    like the saying goes, if you've got NOTHING good to say don't bother saying anything at all. I don't go over to Fairy Tail forums just to remind them how much the shallow sexually posing eye candy babes in every chapter irritate me.
    So I said this with a belief that my opinion actually mattered at least by 1 iota!

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #98
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Chapter 755 Discussion/ 756 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    I really don't like talking about other manga in a discussion about one manga, but I totally disagree with that statement. I could've skipped this chapter and missed absolutely nothing. If I skipped Bleach or Naruto this week, I'd be confused next week because something actually happened in those chapters.
    Like what happened there? Obito was hit by a lethal attack last week, yet the entire chapter was him dying. That's no plot progression at all. Bleach was full of goofy talk, and only the last panel revealed something new and this is a forced cliffhanger because we all know this won't affect the plot at all.

    In One Piece the factory was opened, so it can finally be destroyed, and it is also revealed that Mansherry isn't there and has an ability.

    It's just that I've got the feeling that everyone here complains about slow pace and no plot progression because everyone does it, and not because it is particularly true.

  11. #99
    MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Syphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    370
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Chapter 755 Discussion/ 756 Prediction

    I admit the manliness unleashed this chapter was even too much for myself to handle that my senses have been sent into a climax of both awe and horror. It was unexpected, chilling and wonderful, but still a far cry from what more than a few of the One Piece reader's were expecting from the recent content in the One Piece chapters.

    Given that the content has been so fragmented as of late, especially battles and flashbacks, frustration and indifference has arisen in many regarding the interruption of such exciting developments. The content focusing on Franky/Senor Pink and Mansherry wasn't uninteresting and bad, it was just that some of us had our attention attracted to other developments, such as seeing Zoro unleash or Law's flashback covered. With such exhilarating content overwhelming our mind and beckoning our attention, it becomes hard to divide such attention and interest towards happenings which relative to those consuming our minds feel comparably lesser.

    In addition to being overwhelmed by the One Piece eccentricity pushed forward from almost all the characters covered in Dressrosa, Oda-sensei is also trying to get us to separate attention from what we are most looking forward to towards content that doesn't concern some of us as strongly.

    Once we have a conclusion to Zoro's annihilation of Pica and Law's flashback covered, many will have attention and interest free to attach to other developments.

    It may seem pitiful and unbecoming as One Piece fans, but we just love certain developments too much that other developments keeping us from finding out more about what interest us makes us somewhat frustrated and negative.

  12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #100
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Somewhere close to far and away ^.^
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Chapter 755 Discussion/ 756 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    Well seeing that Oda failed to deliver a decent story in two arcs in a row is kinda reason enough to loose believe in Oda. This arc seems to be continuing there where the two other fail arcs stopped.
    What make you think the last two arc were failures ? Maybe the "Villains" of the arc we're let downs but the pacing, setting and plot attention were pretty good . The fights were awful but were expected knowing that Fishman Island villains didn't have a bounty on they heads & PH had only one main villain that bounty was high because he was a mad scientist .

    Clearly some of you just want action pack fights, no funny moments, no other characters being showcased beside Luffy or Zoro and expect a good anime like that ? That's why this forum is falling because everybody complains and never sees the good in every chapter and like BetaRuler said maybe it's best for some of you guys to stop reading for a month or so , I did it once in my OP lifetime and it helped out a lot .
    To LIVE is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there. - Kofi Annan

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #101
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    Storm's End
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    869
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Chapter 755 Discussion/ 756 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by jamarTheDem View Post
    What make you think the last two arc were failures ? Maybe the "Villains" of the arc we're let downs but the pacing, setting and plot attention were pretty good . The fights were awful but were expected knowing that Fishman Island villains didn't have a bounty on they heads & PH had only one main villain that bounty was high because he was a mad scientist .

    Clearly some of you just want action pack fights, no funny moments, no other characters being showcased beside Luffy or Zoro and expect a good anime like that ? That's why this forum is falling because everybody complains and never sees the good in every chapter and like BetaRuler said maybe it's best for some of you guys to stop reading for a month or so , I did it once in my OP lifetime and it helped out a lot .
    Well for one the the volumes that have these arcs in them didn't sell nearly as well as the previous one. I already posted a post were I showed how far the selling of OP volumes did fall especially if another manga (ATTACk ON TITANS) sold nearly double as much as the record holder OP itself.

    CP9 arc had funny moments and was action filled. This arc has an overpowered villain like DD who seems to make a double of himself out of strings that can talk and breath which is beyond dumb Oda even went as far as to let strings to create a faraday cage which doesn't let electro magnet waves out or in.
    Besides DD all seem to be fodder for Luffy and Zoro.

    If something is bad then everybody has the right to say it is bad. I mean do we say how can you say this chapter is good? And OP is a weekly manga not a monthly manga. If Oda#s intend is that the stroy should be read as a whole then he might consider going monthly rather than weekly.

  16. #102
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Heaven & Earth
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    693
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Chapter 755 Discussion/ 756 Prediction

    First, there are complainers about the chapters week after week. Now there are complainers complaining about other complainers' complains. Oh boy... there is no end to it my dear... (hehehe )

    I personally like the series, whether how slow or fast the pace is, or how funny or serious it may be, or even how action-packed or solemn it could be, I accept how the author presents it. In fact the series has brought forth many laughter chapter after chapter. It's kinda fun actually, if you try to understand the author's writing and presenting style and learn to appreciate it. Of course I know, not many people share the similar sentiment. Hmm...

    ~~~~++~~~~Do You Love Me?~~~~++~~~~


  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #103
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Chapter 755 Discussion/ 756 Prediction

    You do get where I'm coming from right, I would like to ask if a mod could put up a different thread labelled "Post here to complain about One Piece" FOR all these readers that I'll quote jamarTheDem for saying "just want action pack fights, no funny moments, no other characters being showcased beside Luffy or Zoro".

    I don't want to come to this forum only to deal with these kind of people just because they don't have the capacity to digest something "Different", that's right that's the problem here. What Oda is trying to do now is DIFFERENT, he COULD just use the SAME formulae he used and arguably IS using the same story setting formulae as Alabasta to quite an extent. But now his story telling pace is GETTING DIFFERENT and it could be he's having an awkward time pulling it off but he's at least learning and giving it a try. Either way, I'm studying what he's doing and I quite like the sophistication in his story telling. I like the humour and the grand romance of adventure that he's trying to depict, he's trying to tell us more than just a simply straight up "GOOD GUYS VS BAD GUYS WRESTLING BRAWL TONIGHT! GOOD GUYS WIIIIIIIIN! LIKE JOHN CENOR SUPER SMASSSSSHHHHHHHH".... Blech...

    TLDR... Can we CREATE a thread for the people who DON'T like the story pacing to use instead of filling out our chapter of the week thread up with this unnecessary show of negativity.
    So I said this with a belief that my opinion actually mattered at least by 1 iota!

  19. #104
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,701
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Chapter 755 Discussion/ 756 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by BetaRuler View Post

    TLDR... Can we CREATE a thread for the people who DON'T like the story pacing to use instead of filling out our chapter of the week thread up with this unnecessary show of negativity.
    No, because we have as much rights as you guys to post here to express how we don't like the direction the story is taking, and yes we'll always post our opinions here, if you don't like it that's your problem really

  20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  21. #105
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Suna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece Chapter 755 Discussion/ 756 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by ProGoddess View Post
    First, there are complainers about the chapters week after week. Now there are complainers complaining about other complainers' complains. Oh boy... there is no end to it my dear... (hehehe )
    Don't complain about complainers of complainer's complains, won't you.

New Reply
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts