Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 130 and 131 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 130 and 131 Discussion/Predictions

Chapter 130 Chinese Scan | English Scan
    Chapter 131 Chinese Scan | English Scan

Spoiler: Summary show
    Last edited by Kaoz; August 21, 2014 at 01:36 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 130 and 131 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by iceemperor View Post
    I think this whole crazy tennis started as a way to both keep readers interested and due to the fact that most "real" shots were used up. Tezuka zone was the beginning for me and then it just started exploding. Atobe is still rather tame when compared to tezuka, sanada, ryoma and yukimura in the original series. now even he started going super saiyan with his x-ray vision. He'll get interdimensional vision soon.

On this note though, most of the MSs on the team will start going super saiyan. Konomi even stated that Shiraishi was close to Hyakuren in some fanbook and shiraishi is the most normal player seen in the series so far.
    That sounds about right. Won't surprise me if this happens. And LOL with the interdimensional vision.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member iceemperor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

My biggest hope is that at least one team in the World Cup, either MS of HS, has players that use normal shots against super saiyan tennis and defeat those shots. Like they use regular forehands and backhands against the glowing shot, black hole, etc and actually beat them. this "super"tennis has just gotten too out of hand. This will show hope that normal tennis with incredible stats and athletic ability stands a chance against saiyan tennis. However this means that the players themselves will be saiyan and have super strength, speed, etc.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It didn't work for Midoriyama, I don't see it working for a WC team

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, there's Tanegashima. There might be 1-4 players in a team who plays normal tennis, I think.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Midoriyama was just to show that seigaku was still just as strong without tezuka. They're not really a standout team. Tanga shims is far from a normal player. That imetsu mu is probably one of the best techniques shown yet. He's like yukimura with returning all shots. It's combined that with Fujiis fourth counter. That's broken as hell.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really, it really is Fuji 4th counter. Tanegashima skill is of controlling the ball is what puts it over the top. And his ability to return shots come from his waist, which is pretty normal. He's probably the strongest normal player shown in the series so far.

Well, except maybe Nanjiroh and Bundro, but we don't see those two play yet.
    Last edited by -Ken-; August 26, 2014 at 12:27 AM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iceemperor View Post
    That imetsu mu is probably one of the best techniques shown yet. He's like yukimura with returning all shots. It's combined that with Fujiis fourth counter. That's broken as hell.
    Well, sure, it's really good, but it's nowhere near as crazy as the interdimensional or even the multi ball moves. I also don't expect there to be lots of IDM users in the WC. At this point, the Japanese HSers are probably among the top 4 teams or so already and I actually don't expect to see any full matches from them before the semis.

Even the top teams probably won't have more than three IDM users (to match Byoudouin, Oni and Tokugawa). The US team has Reinhardt and Ryoga already, so at most I'd expect there to be one more if Ryoma doesn't join them.

Besides Ryoma, none of the MSers can use IDMs either and I don't see any of them except maybe Kintarou getting any.

Regarding Synchro, Hardy is right. None of the G10 pairs can use it. It also takes an incredibly long time for normal pairs to achieve it - from the HSers, the Mutsus are twins and have a kind of natural Synchro already as a result, and the only other Synchro pair is Washio/Suzuki who have been playing together since they were in MS, so possibly five or six years now.

Lastly, welcome to the forums.
    Last edited by Kaoz; August 26, 2014 at 04:10 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Iceemperor: Basically more Tanegashima-like techniques? Destroy all fancy moves XD

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kaoz.

Basically more tanegashima like people would benefit the manga, in my opinion. I find it fitting that he's number 2 after by outdoing who uses crazy tennis. Whether konomi did this purposely we have yet to know.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

So let me get this straight.
    These recent matches for a 1st String badge were just pointless then right?
    Since Mouri/Ochi are still 1st Stringers it seems? What a joke of an arc lmao.

Momoshiro/Kawamura endured a beating for no reason then lol. Seriously such a joke of an arc.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The matches were to show off the best high schoolers of the nation. Hardly pointless.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    The matches were to show off the best high schoolers of the nation. Hardly pointless.
    Are you going to deny that the matches were also to decide who gets to be on the 1st String of the U-17 Japan Candidates?
    This sudden "Middle School Division" concept is actually just an ass-pull but fans will still definitely enjoy it.

The strength of the HSers could've been showed off without it being stated that the matches against the 1st String is to decide who will be 1st Stringers since now it just makes a lot of past matches silly. Atobe/Niou/Yukimura aren't even Top 9-11 of the nation anymore then? What was the point in them being shown getting their badges handed to them? Only for the likes of Mouri who handed his badge over to STILL be representing the nation.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The matches definitely played a factor in who got chosen though, albeit in a different way than we imagined. It's also not like the coaches had any real influence on the challenge, all they did was basically say "we don't mind" (and why would they since they got more data out of it). It's not like they set it up and then denied the MSers their rewards (Yukimura being the sole exception). And whether you like it or not, it does fit in with what's happened before.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    The matches definitely played a factor in who got chosen though, albeit in a different way than we imagined. It's also not like the coaches had any real influence on the challenge, all they did was basically say "we don't mind" (and why would they since they got more data out of it). It's not like they set it up and then denied the MSers their rewards (Yukimura being the sole exception). And whether you like it or not, it does fit in with what's happened before.
    Except he MSers have been denied their rewards. The reward was to represent the nation in the U-17 Team. This whole "Middle School Division" thing is out of nowhere and there isn't any evidence to say otherwise tbh.

At no point was Atobe putting himself on the line thinking "I really want to represent the MS division and for that reason I'm going all out for the U-17 No.9 badge!!" because this scenario doesn't make sense.

The matches were to decide who gets to represent All-Japan Juniors. Momoshiro/Kenya/Inui/Kawamura all left with badges and since the No.s 19-11 were all defeated by MSers. Yet Momoshiro/Kenya don't get to and represent Japan? Its pretty hard to explain this in a way other than bad storytelling.
    Kirihara got chosen. Wtf has this guy done except get his ass saved by Shiraishi do to warrant a place on the All-Japan Juniors ahead of Momoshiro/Kenya who went and defeated the 1st String?
    Has Konomi even bothered to explain to us wtf happened to all the badges that Yukimura/Yanagi/Momo/Kenya/Kawamura initally had?

The reward was to be an U-17 Rep. NO Middle Schooler is an U-17 Rep. despite Yukimura/Niou/Atobe all earning spots within the Top14. That's notable bs.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess konomi might of made different plans for the HSs. He probably wanted to have the first stringers against other high schoolers of the world to hype up those countries. They might become hype tools.

New Reply
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast