Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 130 and 131 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 130 and 131 Discussion/Predictions

Chapter 130 Chinese Scan | English Scan
    Chapter 131 Chinese Scan | English Scan

Spoiler: Summary show
    Last edited by Kaoz; August 21, 2014 at 01:36 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Korean Kuroko's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 130 and 131 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Ryoma entered the court while Tokugawa was playing, so he was kicked out of the camp. Ryoga left with him, and they both joined the USA camp.

EDIT: Reading the chapters I have missed post haste.
    Last edited by Korean Kuroko; August 01, 2014 at 03:17 PM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

That's us in the last months, lol.

It was even worse because there was only 1 chapter in June, and it was this huge cliffhanger with Ryoma breaking the rules and leaving the camp.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

About Ryoga, I didn't know about this when writing the summary, but Valentine greets him by saying that he did a good job. So it seems like Ryoga was really a spy of the US team and only joined team Japan in order to recruit Ryoma. Which in turn makes me think he only joined the US team very recently (maybe because he's a first year?) since otherwise Byoudouin and the coaches should have known him.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Korean Kuroko's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

So if they decided to have a MS division...what the hell was the purpose of the last 50 chapters?
    Liking Team 'MERICA!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Korean Kuroko View Post
    So if they decided to have a MS division...what the hell was the purpose of the last 50 chapters?
    Liking Team 'MERICA!
    Showing the gaps between the strongest middle schoolers and the genius 10 (Sanada was embarrassed, Gin was embarrassed, Marui and Kite put up a valiant fight and still lost handily to injured Tohno and Kimijima, TMnK allowed Kin chan to hang with oni briefly, Atobe and Niou won..at the cost of Niou's health and they won barely). Essentially the whole genius 10 challenge was one big "Mada Mada Dane" to the middle schoolers + setting up Ryoma as joint MC with Atobe.

I can't predict what happens in this series anymore...and I'm loving that lol.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

lol, and here i was thinking that Yukimura had left the camp many chapters ago. XD

Yes, Oishi, i am surprised to see you in the selected team like you and heartbroken for seeing my Golden Pair separated once more.

My biggest interest is to see if the doubles will be the same of the camp or Mifune has other ideas.
    Last edited by Asclepius; August 01, 2014 at 07:12 PM.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Friss's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Next big drama is that USA's number 1 is actually Byoudin's brother and he's the one that gave him that big scar.

I must say those are some typical foreigner impression of US characters with those jackets jeez.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@Demon Roronoa Zoa: Atobe was picked based on leadership skills. Everyone knows he's got it.

@Friss: Byodoin only has a younger sister.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW JUST WOW!

fuji is chosen to be on the MS team! ( i didnt expect this or wish for this, I guess konomi cant let go of this foo)

EDIT: on the other hand, fuji owns kirihara, so i guess it makes sense fuji would be here.

also what wow'd me is OISHI is on the team too!

Should we open a thread about " Do you agree with Milfune's MS selection"?
    I'm 'not sure if milfune is picking the best MSers he can get.

That's where massive discussion can come in........................ ie. no wings of kyushuu? vs angel devil pair?
    Last edited by ashore; August 02, 2014 at 12:08 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Friss's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post
    @Demon Roronoa Zoa: Atobe was picked based on leadership skills. Everyone knows he's got it.

@Friss: Byodoin only has a younger sister.
    My comment was a joke but would have been great to come true

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Ashore: The 2 wings are basically forgotten. Fuji was forgotten for about 50 chapters. Everyone from Hyotei except Atobe is forgotten. Sengoku is forgotten. Don't get your hopes up.

On the topic of Byodoin's scar, I have two theories. I think he was trying to protect someone, hence "showing kindness". Like how Oni and Irie protected Tokugawa from Byodoin's assault. Except Byodoin wasn't ass enough to injure Oni. Byodoin's opponent probably was more of an ass than he was. Which in turn, made Byodoin an ass.

Another possible theory is that he thrashed an opponent and while he was walking away, his opponent, with their last ounce of strength, hit his retrieving back. Don't know if it''ll that that big of a scar though.
    Last edited by ChinkyCandie; August 02, 2014 at 12:55 AM. Reason: theory

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

@Ken, this is Duke's power:

Power - 7: With his boastful superhuman strength, he is the No.1 in terms of Power of the 1st String. In addition, he has a tough enough body that he could endure a 108th Level Hadoukyuu.

Kawamura tanked several of Gin's Hadous before the camp (he had < 3 of stamina very likely), and his best stat is by far power.

What's a bad argument? You were saying Stamina = how many shots the person can endure, I said no, that it very likely depends on it, power and mental.
    Sure, if that's what you want to go, let's go there. Gin total 3 stats is 13 (6+2+5). Tachibana is 14 (5+4+5). Chitose is 11 (4+3+4). It doesn't seem to be that much difference. If anything, Tachibana just seem superior in his ability to take punishment AND overall state as a tennis player.

And I say it before and I'll say it again. Duke is highly suggest to be playing at 60% prior to that point because Oni only ask Duke about playing over 60% at that point. Take Duke stats and *.60, it's hardly that impressive of a feat. This is using canon stats and canon multiplier.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Do they all walk around with the USA's flag? :P
    Nope, I was talking about strictly appearance wise.
    Last edited by -Ken-; August 01, 2014 at 09:54 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Why are you using math for stuff like this? The fact that Tachibana's combined stats are better than Gin's doesn't mean he'd endure more shots than him, at all. I like WoK a lot more than Gin (and find them a lot better than him, considering Shiraishi was able to return all his Hadous), but I can see what Konomi is doing picking Gin.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Nope, I was talking about strictly appearance wise.
    Oh... I dunno. There isn't really a ¨standard¨ US look tbh, so I can't really say if they look like they are from there or not.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what Konomi is doing, he's just picking characters on the team he want to write match for, and the popular one. There's no more reason behind it. What I want to know is what is the coach smoking. I say this before.

Say, if you are WoK, and you knows you are beating Gin 6-0 2 set straight for sure, wouldn't you be kind of wtf at this decision?

If you put in real life reason, this is easy. I want to see it making sense from the coach perspective. Also, I think that it is very possible that Tachibana might be able to push Duke more than Gin does provided that they fight. Do anyone saw that line-up and didn't guess oh, 6-0?

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

However, I think it is safe to assume for now WoK can't use beast syncho at will yet until any further information for the series. If they can, I imagine they would get pick. If they can and doesn't get pick, they would shows beast syncho isn't as well as we give it credits for. Either way, I wouldn't put WoK pair higher than 1st court pair at best for now, more on the line of still 3rd court doubles 1 level.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

How is Gin more popular than WoK?

I dunno, I hope that Konomi is trying to go back with his roots with this move. Like, remember the match against Hyotei in Kantou. Only Momoshiro and Taka were allowed by their coach to play against Kabaji, as any other person (including Fuji, Ryoma and I guess Tezuka but that's too much) would get injured by him.

You don't usually see a power player playing against someone that isn't one, which is why I think Gin is in the team.

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    However, I think it is safe to assume for now WoK can't use beast syncho at will yet until any further information for the series. If they can, I imagine they would get pick. If they can and doesn't get pick, they would shows beast syncho isn't as well as we give it credits for. Either way, I wouldn't put WoK pair higher than 1st court pair at best for now, more on the line of still 3rd court doubles 1 level.
    I agree with this btw. If they were able to do that new synchro at will, there's no reason for someone like Oishi to be in the team.

New Reply
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast