Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 130 and 131 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 130 and 131 Discussion/Predictions

Chapter 130 Chinese Scan | English Scan
    Chapter 131 Chinese Scan | English Scan

Spoiler: Summary show
    Last edited by Kaoz; August 21, 2014 at 01:36 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 130 and 131 Discussion/Predictions

i wonder what konomi will do with the non chosen MSers?

I mean there's no more mountain training, when the mountain trainer is actually the Coach, and it seems like most people didnt know that like tokugawa as he talked about the coach(drunk old ryu from SF2) , as the mountain trainer to ryoma.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Central African Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

I think for now we can see MS-s division in WC where Ryoma will play (because USA captain asked him to do so) for MS USA team. And there he will face Tezuka playing for Germany and other MS-s from Japan Team. After that we are gonna finally see HS division where Ryoma will play and in Japanese team it will be 50/50 in terms of HS-s and MS-s.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to go off topic a bit and ask this: What kind of twists would be awesome about the world cup?

A good twist would be Ryoga be matched up with Byodoin instead of Ryoma. A tough enough opponent for Ryoma is Shuji/Duke. I'm guessing it won't turn out like that though. It will probably be something like Ryoma vs Byodoin and Ryoga vs Tokugawa.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Korean Kuroko View Post
    So if they decided to have a MS division...what the hell was the purpose of the last 50 chapters?
    Liking Team 'MERICA!
    To show off the high schoolers and give matches to some more of the middle schoolers I guess? Let's face it, if something like that didn't happen, we would've really wanted to see them play each other.

In an in-universe sense, most of the matches were never meant to happen though. The coaches were probably using the 3rd court vs 5th court team shuffle to test the middle schoolers' progress and then only Yukimura was selected to play against a first stringer. All the other matches happened because of the MSers themselves and because the HSers accepted the challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    You don't usually see a power player playing against someone that isn't one, which is why I think Gin is in the team.
    This. I kinda don't feel like all 14 players will appear in every match, I think it'll be more like 10 like in the G10 challenge and then 4 reserves. So Gin probably won't play any matches except those against other power players, except if he gets a doubles with Fuji or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    i wonder what konomi will do with the non chosen MSers
    Honestly I don't think they'll be relevant again. I'm not even convinced that they'll still have profiles in the fanbook, or detailed ones anyway. I think the focus will shift to the US team now and we'll just see the Japanese team again when the WC starts.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post
    I'm going to go off topic a bit and ask this: What kind of twists would be awesome about the world cup?
    I think the biggest question here is which team Ryoma will play for in the first place. Will it be the USA's high school division, so that he can have a match against Byoudouin? The Japanese middle school division, given that he was one of the 14 players chosen? Or maybe even the USA's middle school division to turn him into a real antagonist (the editor text at the end of chapter 131 is something like "Will Ryoma become Japan's ultimate enemy...!?")?

I'm hoping for the first option, but if not, Byoudouin vs Ryoga seems like a decent match-up. I'd also enjoy Ryoga vs Oni though. If Reinhardt is the one who injured Byoudouin back then, I think he would also make a good opponent for any of Byoudouin, Oni and Tokugawa.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Reinhardt looks friendly. I don't think he'd violently attack someone the way Byodoin would.

@ Korean Kuroko: I kind of think it was a test to see how well the MSs could defend themselves against the HSs. If they can hold their own, they will be chosen to participate in the World Cup (which all of them were except Fuji. Shiraishi and Kirihara were probably chosen from their shuffle match). A test that showed improvement/development, determination, persistence, and leadership (well for Atobe anyway).

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Reinhardt has a pretty sadistic smile in my opinion. But your mileage may vary on this one obviously.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He definitely has a sinister look to him lol. He's the type of character you watch out for the most. Reminds me of Banji's smile.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

How is Gin more popular than WoK?

I dunno, I hope that Konomi is trying to go back with his roots with this move. Like, remember the match against Hyotei in Kantou. Only Momoshiro and Taka were allowed by their coach to play against Kabaji, as any other person (including Fuji, Ryoma and I guess Tezuka but that's too much) would get injured by him.

You don't usually see a power player playing against someone that isn't one, which is why I think Gin is in the team.
    Like I say, it's a mix. Some because of popularity, and some because he want to pick a match for.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yukimura looks friendly but he has never injured someone to the extreme. He just yips them. The HSs who don't look friendly are the strong ones. Irie looks friendly but he hasn't injured anyone other than Akiba. Mainly because he insulted the former. Shuji lookes friendly too but he doesn't give people scars. He actually gives encouragement.

Byodoin, Tokugawa, and Oni never looked friendly from their introduction. But we know Tokugawa likes Ryoma as a lil bro and Oni has a soft spot for children but their tennis is destructive. Friendly looking people play effective tennis but don't go assaulting people like Byodoin has.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone think Kaji could be the new #12? Konomi wouldn't release his playing style in the databook. And given give hints about him getting a new tech.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Tbh, I think Konomi only introduced him just for Oni to almost destroy him. Konomi has introduced so many characters that most of them are forgotten because Konomi doesn't know what to do with them.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^Ken's point was that in the fanbook interview Konomi didn't want to answer the question regarding Kaji's playstyle, which he could've easily done if Kaji definitely isn't going to appear any more.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Anyone think Kaji could be the new #12? Konomi wouldn't release his playing style in the databook. And given give hints about him getting a new tech.
    I'm predicting him as No. 14 personally. I think Date/Ban will get their spots back, but I could definitely see Kaji over Fuwa and Hakamada.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like the fact that there is no data player. Mizuki or Yanagi should've gotten a chance.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing at the end is a popularity ranking btw?

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    ...considering he should be better than 6/7/8/9/10 but isn't there... I guess he's dead or something

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    He definitely has a sinister look to him lol. He's the type of character you watch out for the most. Reminds me of Banji's smile.
    But Date is a good guy :/

I dunno, the dude looks like a Tanegashima clone imo, but the fact that Ryoma looks at him with a ¨no friends look¨ (screw this language) makes me suspect him a little tbh

Kiko is a 1st year in HS right?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing at the end is a popularity ranking btw?
    It's the valentine chocolate ranking.

...considering he should be better than 6/7/8/9/10 but isn't there... I guess he's dead or something
    Well, he's still rehabilitating and also didn't have any number prior to the G10 challenge, that might have something to do with it. Or on another level Konomi probably wouldn't want to reveal him yet if it is indeed him.

But Date is a good guy :/
    I'm pretty sure Atobe was referring to Yamabuki's coach.

Kiko is a 1st year in HS right?
    Yes.

New Reply
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast