Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply

Thread: I have GANTZ Volumes 1-37, what else do I need to complete the collection?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have GANTZ Volumes 1-37, what else do I need to complete the collection?

I have all the Gantz mangas in Japanese, volumes 1-37. I also have the Gantz/MINUS novel, and have ordered the Gantz Manual. What other publications should I add to the bookshelf? I know very little about exa, and osaka, but am wondering if I'm missing anything else.

Also, any other suggestions to make this shelf even more awesome are encouraged.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Odyss's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I have GANTZ Volumes 1-37, what else do I need to complete the collection?

There's a PS2 game that was only released in Japan. It was pretty mediocre from all accounts, but if you're looking for the 'complete' Gantz collection, I'd look into that on Amazon, or ebay if it's not being sold anymore. Personally I always wanted to play it even knowing it wasn't very good.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly certain that the PS2 region locked games, right? So if you're from NA or EU, you wouldn't be able to play it on your playstation. But if you're already buying the volumes in Japanese, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Oh yeah, and then there's a couple movies based on the manga that came out in Japan. Also pretty average from my research.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I have GANTZ Volumes 1-37, what else do I need to complete the collection?

Quote Originally Posted by Odyss View Post
    There's a PS2 game that was only released in Japan. It was pretty mediocre from all accounts, but if you're looking for the 'complete' Gantz collection, I'd look into that on Amazon, or ebay if it's not being sold anymore. Personally I always wanted to play it even knowing it wasn't very good.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly certain that the PS2 region locked games, right? So if you're from NA or EU, you wouldn't be able to play it on your playstation. But if you're already buying the volumes in Japanese, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Oh yeah, and then there's a couple movies based on the manga that came out in Japan. Also pretty average from my research.
    Yes, I've known about the game for a while now. You are right about the region locks. I was able to play it, barely, and very slowly, on an emulator once. But I never thought of adding it to the collection, good idea. And I've seen the movies, but those would do nice on the shelves as well. Perfect, thanks for the suggestions.

New Reply