Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Post your vague suspicions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Post your vague suspicions

(Just marathon-read the series. Some hazy ideas came to mind, and I had to try to burden someone with reading them. Please post your own, or discuss.)

-----

So... it kinda seems like the walls are to keep everyone inside, not keep titans out. Like everyone inside is quarantined. There might be a 4th wall out past where anyone's gone yet, that keeps all the mindless titans contained, along with everyone inside the other 3 walls.

Maybe the humans were the "real monsters," and had to be contained? Something like... that they couldn't handle titan powers and threatened all life. Perhaps the quarantine will only be lifted once the only people left are humans that can control a titan form completely (titan shifters). So then maybe Ryner and co. were trying to speed up the process?

Dunno. But it would fit with the whole freedom-beyond-the-wall theme going on with Eren, Levi, etc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post your vague suspicions

I also strongly suspect that Ymir is Historia's ancestor (grandmother or something), since she cares about her so much. Makes sense that Ymir is nobility, since a titan bowed to someone it thought looked like her.

Seems like girls of the nobility have scary powers too, and people think they should die for everyone else to be safe. (Like, maybe Historia can accidentally turn people into titans? Maybe that caused the "outbreak" that Eren's father went around treating a while back? Makes sense she'd have a crazy power. Her supposed-step-sister can wipe people's memories...)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PIXISSUUU's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    Makes sense that Ymir is nobility, since a titan bowed to someone it thought looked like her.
    Yes, I like the Ymir as royalty idea too. Is a suspicion for now.

Also, the walled cities are somehow a threat to humanity outside the walls, and that's why RBA attacked even though Bertholdt said he doesn't want to kill humans.

I think the events of SNK may have played out several times, and by the time we see it, its WAY in the future. Some people have described it as a time loop. I actually think that somehow the same people were recreated over and over again (somehow running an experiment over an over???) and that is somehow related to Eren having memories of previous iterations.

Since Hanji named a titan after Chikatilo (a Russian serial killer who died in 1994!) to me its more than a vague suspicion that SnK happens in the future; at the very least it has to have happened after 1994. My guess is it's set in the distant future.
    My username honor's Balto-go's awesome Japanese pronunciation of a certain SnK Garrison Commander's name.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner leneq's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    I also strongly suspect that Ymir is Historia's ancestor (grandmother or something), since she cares about her so much. Makes sense that Ymir is nobility, since a titan bowed to someone it thought looked like her.
    Maybe not grandmother but bastard of Historia's great grandfather as she admitted that she's like Historia and her birth was something that caused trouble for everyone. That would make sense. Especially since it's official that they love each other. Maybe it's not love between a couple, but love between family? However, it would mean that Historia is in love with Ymir as it seems she doesn't know anything about her. I don't know Japanese to check what word is used to describe their relationship/love.

Quote Originally Posted by PIXISSUUU View Post
    I think the events of SNK may have played out several times, and by the time we see it, its WAY in the future. Some people have described it as a time loop. I actually think that somehow the same people were recreated over and over again (somehow running an experiment over an over???) and that is somehow related to Eren having memories of previous iterations.
    I agree. Honestly, I REALLY don't want snk to have any time travel/time loop theme, just anything that can't be scientifically explained (I'm fine with these themes if it has some believable explanation), but it seems that there really is something of that kind going on.

My vague suspicion is that it has something to do with Mikasa. Mikasa is Isayama's biggest ace in my opinion. We know about her just about enough to make people believe that it's all there is to her, but if you watch her carefully in the manga, there are some really suspicious things going on with her.
    Also both anime endings focus mostly on her, not Eren.
    I really believe that the moment she helps Eren and kills the guy who's strangling him is extremely important. That's the moment she's thinking of when she's facing death. That's the moment one of the ending refers to.
    At least twice she's suggesting that she has already died once. It can be easily interpreted as her "previous life" with her parents ending = dying. But as she's given up and is kneeling that's what she's thinking

Spoiler show

and then she's thinking about that moment when she's kneeling while Eren's being strangled. Also in the anime we see a close up of pomegranate that in Christianity symbolises eternal life and resurrection.

Spoiler show

taken out of context wouldn't it just be perfect for my theory?
    I can write more and give more examples if anyone is interested.
    Oh and in that ending I mentioned Mikasa is surrounded by countless knives just like the one she killed that man. I might be seeing too much into it but to me it proves that every time she dies/the time loops or something along these lines she's starting over just seconds before she kills him and “from this moment on, she was able to assume perfect self-control”.

also fun fact: pomegranate is called a fruit of God and in one of the endings in the background next to Mikasa is a praying mantis which is the oldest symbol of God and "they are also associated with restoring life into the dead".
    Last edited by leneq; August 18, 2014 at 01:04 PM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply