Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
MangaHelpers Art Contest Week 32-33 ~ Onion Life - Short Story!
This fortnight's art contest category is Short Story with the theme set as Onion Life! The theme was decided as suggested by Naomidee, based on the Word Association Game (v13) posts. We ended up with something funny: short stories about an onion life!
Category: Short Story (Writing)
Theme: Onion Life
- All members may join this competition. There is no minimum post or user status you need to have to join the contest.
- Entries for the contest must be posted in this thread.
- Each participant can only submit ONE entry and that entry should be new (meaning it must not have been used in contests hosted by MangaHelpers previously).
- Submissions not following the week's theme will automatically result in disqualification. If you have any question about the contest, you can ask it in the discussion thread.
- No excessive, rude or porn-related texts in the contest.
- No plagiarizing is allowed.
- Maximum text lengh is 50 lines in the post.
- Make sure to include in the comments the song/musical you used as a base to your parody.
- Submission is open until August 24th, 2014 at 9 PM (-3 GMT)
Voting DetailsCode:"Theme Name" - "Work Title" by "Writer Name" (Short Story) "Comments"
- Voting will proceed after submission period is over.
- Announcement of winners and next contest and new theme will be done as soon as possible after the voting period is over.
Good luck, everyone!
"Onion Life" - "Life According to an Onion" by riki
Comments: For the onion family reunion, I based their personality on their flavors ^^
"Onion Life" - "The kind leader" by "Josef K."
Comments: Cult of Personality(deconstruction)
Code:"Onion Life" - "Charles - Ode to Onion " by "NarutoTheory" Comments: The wonderful onion and all it's usefulness. Baby, Pearl, Bermuda, Brown, Boiling, Cipollini; you come in so many colors and sizes, you can even be a little greeny. But you are not greedy, the cooks use you in almost every dish, for you bring joy to your eater, giving the flavor of their food, a wonderful little kiss. You kiss whatever you come in contact with, whether through the air or by touch, making even my giant eyes, fall victim to your clutch. To-- "Honey, stop writing for a little and come help with the cooking, these pork chops need to be seasoned. By the way, what's in this pot that you have on the stove? My eyes have gone watery, I can't seem to find out why, and I'm afraid an ingredient for the seasoning has gone missing." I rushed from my seat, headed straight for the kitchen. "Llana, do you know why your eyes are watering?" "No Charles, but I'm left wondering..." "That ingredient your missing...my good friend Onion, he's the one cooking."
Last edited by narutotheory; August 22, 2014 at 05:45 PM.
Onion Life - Thoughts of a Onion on the death row by Leoat12
Comments: I have the idea when I saw the theme, kinda fun and sad at the same time. I think that's what onions would think. xD
Last edited by Leoat12; August 24, 2014 at 09:38 AM.