Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Sakura's Bloodline?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sakura's Bloodline?

Now i know this has absolutely nothing to do with the current arc or anywhere close to it and how completely absurd and stupid the idea is. But just for kicks i thought i would throw out this idea i had a long time ago if just for amusement.

I am refering to Inner Sakura. One of the long forgotten running gags of the series that had prominence just once during her chunin fight with Ino meaning it was real.

So what of this odd secondary mind? I think it answers some questions about her skills.
    What can a second mind do besides give some resistance to mental attacks and where did it go?

I assume that with her training the mind melded and settled with her.
    I think Sakura's chakra control and ability to learn and retain info comes from having a second mind that can help her process and control things. And maybe gives her a natural defense to genjutsu.

That is really about it. Silly yet could make sense of some early stuff before the series went off the deep end. Mock it or discuss it but i think it is atleast sort of interesting.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sakura's Bloodline?

I don't think there is anything particularly special about inner sakura and whatnot. It kinda seems like a comedic gag which did not really pick up to be honest.

Anyways, considering her talent I am not against the idea that there might be something special about her lineage, the manga has already conclusively made the point that only people born talented and with superior genes from talented parents amount to something (with naruto being the grandest example of how you can be anything if you are born better and more talented than anyone). Overall sakura does have the greatest feats among people her age when it comes to skill. The fact that she is a world class doctor at age 15 and that she mastered tsunade's byakogo at 16 is overwhelming. Realistically speaking not a single of her peer's feats matched her, the rest of her peers were just good at punching stuff. If there is nothing particular to her lineage she would be the only regular human we know whose feats seem as implausible as naruto's or sasuke's s far.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, but I have to ask... WHO GIVES A F@#K?
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, Sakura is the only person in the manga who probably doesn't have any shinobi heritage. Everyone else is descended from monsters, or has family history or a clan, Sakura just showed up one day. That's one of the things that makes Sakura truly exceptional.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfox View Post
    Now i know this has absolutely nothing to do with the current arc or anywhere close to it and how completely absurd and stupid the idea is. But just for kicks i thought i would throw out this idea i had a long time ago if just for amusement.

I am refering to Inner Sakura. One of the long forgotten running gags of the series that had prominence just once during her chunin fight with Ino meaning it was real.

So what of this odd secondary mind? I think it answers some questions about her skills.
    What can a second mind do besides give some resistance to mental attacks and where did it go?

I assume that with her training the mind melded and settled with her.
    I think Sakura's chakra control and ability to learn and retain info comes from having a second mind that can help her process and control things. And maybe gives her a natural defense to genjutsu.

That is really about it. Silly yet could make sense of some early stuff before the series went off the deep end. Mock it or discuss it but i think it is atleast sort of interesting.
    Sakura is a Genjutsu type. Genjutsu types are weird, and are prestige for having a powerful but eerie mind. That inner Sakura creature thingy is the indication of Sakura's weird mind denoting her being a potential talented Genjutsu caster. This is one of the reasons she is naturally an expert at chakra control.
    "Sasuke has never been selfish, he's only been self-centered"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    Sakura is a Genjutsu type. Genjutsu types are weird, and are prestige for having a powerful but eerie mind. That inner Sakura creature thingy is the indication of Sakura's weird mind denoting her being a potential talented Genjutsu caster. This is one of the reasons she is naturally an expert at chakra control.
    That is an interesting thought. But Sakura is the only one who ever has shown such a thing. I can't really agree that is just related to genjutsu users. Unless you have some examples.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sakura thread? Pointless just like her character lol

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfox View Post
    That is an interesting thought. But Sakura is the only one who ever has shown such a thing. I can't really agree that is just related to genjutsu users. Unless you have some examples.
    I was mildly being sarcastic with my post, but there is some truth to what I said.

Genjutsu is a Yin based tech that fundamentally focuses on manipulation of chakra of the cerebral nervous system to reveal false imagery in order distraught a person.

Some advance users have taken Gen manipulation to another level by completely paralysing their victims by shutting down the functioning of the cerebral cortex of their brain or reverse engineer the brain for total and absolute control in respective of that's victims innermost will. Sasuke, Itachi and Sage users (Jiraiya's MA and PA) are such people.

Sakura was stated multiple times to be a Genjustu type. To be proficient at gen--especially without Yin type Keke genkei haxx--you must have exceptional chakra control. Sakura was able to grasp the tree claiming training exercise Kakashi gave team 10 during the Zabuza/Haku arc and perform it that instance while Sasuke and Naruto where practicing for an embarrassingly long hours to get it right.

She's also an exceptional medic, able to grasp Tsuande's trump card, the Byakugou. Something Shizune, Tsunade's BFF, a medic under her wing, failed to accomplish with a longer period of time on her hands.

Sakura's is also the only youngest Genjustsu type whose mind we've entered trying to fight against Ino's mind destruction
    One does not simply fight mind destruction with willpower alone. You need Naruto lvl willpower to fight that lol

Yin fighters have greater chance of fighting techs that aims to combat the mind so....

Now, about the gen casters that we know?
    Sasuke;
    He is a gen caster and in his mind, monstrosity that drives people to insanity exist.

Itachi;
    Same as Sasuke. He's able to reveal frightening imagery of his mind http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-cha...6-page-13.html

Then we have Kurenai who we know little of. IIRC, according to the databooks, she's as proficient as Itachi at Gen casting which doesn't surprise me as she is an Elite warrior of Konoha. Though the Sharingan haxx favours Itachi more so even if she's as proficient, she's still Itachi inferior.

Inner Sakura thing isn't a real being. Though it was a running gag, I theorise that it was also drawn denoting Sakura's potential of being a gen master as she's a gen type.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    I was mildly being sarcastic with my post, but there is some truth to what I said.

Genjutsu is a Yin based tech that fundamentally focuses on manipulation of chakra of the cerebral nervous system to reveal false imagery in order distraught a person.

Some advance users have taken Gen manipulation to another level by completely paralysing their victims by shutting down the functioning of the cerebral cortex of their brain or reverse engineer the brain for total and absolute control in respective of that's victims innermost will. Sasuke, Itachi and Sage users (Jiraiya's MA and PA) are such people.

Sakura was stated multiple times to be a Genjustu type. To be proficient at gen--especially without Yin type Keke genkei haxx--you must have exceptional chakra control. Sakura was able to grasp the tree claiming training exercise Kakashi gave team 10 during the Zabuza/Haku arc and perform it that instance while Sasuke and Naruto where practicing for an embarrassingly long hours to get it right.

She's also an exceptional medic, able to grasp Tsuande's trump card, the Byakugou. Something Shizune, Tsunade's BFF, a medic under her wing, failed to accomplish with a longer period of time on her hands.

Sakura's is also the only youngest Genjustsu type whose mind we've entered trying to fight against Ino's mind destruction
    One does not simply fight mind destruction with willpower alone. You need Naruto lvl willpower to fight that lol

Yin fighters have greater chance of fighting techs that aims to combat the mind so....

Now, about the gen casters that we know?
    Sasuke;
    He is a gen caster and in his mind, monstrosity that drives people to insanity exist.

Itachi;
    Same as Sasuke. He's able to reveal frightening imagery of his mind http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-cha...6-page-13.html

Then we have Kurenai who we know little of. IIRC, according to the databooks, she's as proficient as Itachi at Gen casting which doesn't surprise me as she is an Elite warrior of Konoha. Though the Sharingan haxx favours Itachi more so even if she's as proficient, she's still Itachi inferior.

Inner Sakura thing isn't a real being. Though it was a running gag, I theorise that it was also drawn denoting Sakura's potential of being a gen master as she's a gen type.
    Interesting indeed. Some good points actually came out of this stupid thread and i got to see a new view point. So it was a success.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The genjutsu type thing does not have any sort of validity any more, it hasn't had any since the beginning of part two. Kakashi said sakura was "originally" a genjutsu type however that does not correspond to the current reality. Right now sakura is a more than exceptional melee fighter (with her strength being at large surpassed only by extremely few) and a world class medical doctor. There is nothing genjutsu about sakura at all currently, she moved past that to the point where she is arguably one of the strongest physical combatants in the world.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    The genjutsu type thing does not have any sort of validity any more, it hasn't had any since the beginning of part two. Kakashi said sakura was "originally" a genjutsu type however that does not correspond to the current reality. Right now sakura is a more than exceptional melee fighter (with her strength being at large surpassed only by extremely few) and a world class medical doctor. There is nothing genjutsu about sakura at all currently, she moved past that to the point where she is arguably one of the strongest physical combatants in the world.
    True, but If she decided to learn Genjutsu now, she'd be able to easily pick up, especially since she's certified as a PHD in medical arts.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Sakura probably comes from a bloodline where people have individual hairstyles... I mean her hair is pink.

Her dad's styles is a star.

And her moms an ice cream cone thing.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If we're going to assume Sakuras is indeed a Genjutsu type, and such types reside within chakra control, then it's only right that perhaps she may have had a natural gift from throughout her family, or more suspiciously, her mother's side. Her father as I recall is more of an outright man that puts care to the wind except when it counts, her mother however, seems like a kiss up and knows her way of doing things for higher up ninjas as we saw in the first few episodes were The Fourth was showing Kakashi their homes. She seemed outright, however hiding at the same time. While you see her as obviously outgoing as the father at first, after a while, like watching the sixth movie, she seems like she's hiding something and her usual over the top attitude is only seen when around the father. So, she could be hiding some latent power. What also strikes my attention is that she has a striking resemblance to the Mizukage, given the facial structure and eyes, not to mention the classic slight hair bangs, but her stature and public standing is almost exactly as the Mizukages, however excluding the high rank. There could be something strange and weird here...

New Reply