Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Should I use auto-correction when scanning?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Should I use auto-correction when scanning?

I currently have a Canon LiDE110 scanner and scan a lot of raw for sharing, not really with any scanlation groups in particular, but more for just general public consumption.

So far I’ve been scanning everything in advanced mode, with all of the automatic correction turned off and adjusting the color levels myself in gimp. I recently tried scanning with the software that came with the scanner with the corrections turned on, and it honestly looks no worse than my normal scans, but the color adjustment is already done for me. Is there really a huge difference in terms of quality between using auto setting and not that I’m just not seeing? Using auto correction would save me quite a bit of time, but I want to make sure that my scans are still of good quality in case some scanlation team want to use them after.
    Last edited by greencactus; August 13, 2014 at 01:34 PM.

New Reply