Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Discuss Souma spoiler here.
Last edited by Leoat12; August 23, 2014 at 07:31 PM.
I'll make a more detailed spoiler later on, but for now let me just tell you that
---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------
Full summary (well, not quite, I'm trying to avoid as much of funny parts as possible so that you can fully enjoy them later)
Yeah, that sounds good. As is it look like Mitsuru just drag down the story to be honest.
Thanks Eru13 for the summary
I would like the manga to advance to the confrontation between Soma and Subaru
It seems like it's purposely being turned into a slow paced chase
It would be awesome if Soma's dad is going to be a judge in the finals
I kinda figured Doujima would make an appearance during the tournament. Hell I even told some people on previous MH threads, since Doujima did say he was looking forward to the Tournament (the end of the Camp arc).
After reading Eru13's summary (thanks btw), I'm also kind of wondering if Soma's father is going to be a judge as well. When he came back for a brief moment in the previous chapters, he did say he was taking care of some business in the area, but didn't specify as to what. Maybe this is it?
And then the plot thickens, when it's revealed he's Soma's father! And then Nakiri Erina wants to get "closer" to Soma. Haha jk jk.
Also, there's 1 page out: http://www.mangabird.com/shokugeki-no-soma-83
Last edited by megaman2290; August 21, 2014 at 02:36 AM.
Out of all people that Soma ask to be tester is Erina…THAT was unexpected. Erina's God Tongue make it reasonable for Soma to choose her as his tester, but I never thought he would ask her. Now that Erina said that Soma's beef stew is no good, what will Soma do next to improve it? If Soma's father becomes a judge, somehow I have a feeling it won't be good for Soma in a way, but it would be interesting to read if it does happen! In the next chapter, I'm expecting for Erina to criticise Soma like she did before, which most likely result with funny moments between the two XD
Wow, we certianly didn't see this coming, not secpecially when 2 rivals meet each other and the other chef is. BTW, how did she know what did Soma sued for the stew. Here is my personal review
- We see Subaru tend to "do-his-homework" by imagine of what if scenario. We see something him errie that he even cosplaying as Soma, so it is no wonder why he is called as a Stalker King (OK, cosplyaing as your rival is "creative" to scoop out the info). Nevertheless, he has his confidence that with this personality mimicry, Subaru would bury Soma's career as his biggest acheivement ever. What would he achieved by doing that?
- Meanwhile, Soma would later tell his fanboy about all the elements , and he knew that his battle is much different. Unlike his previous battle against both Ikumi and Alice, this battle is not aganist Subaru but also his own shadow. There is one saying that the true enemy for the obsticle for glory is no other than your reflection, and the Yukihira Genius need his own tactics to shatter his mirrored weakness (I wonder if Subaru ever know that?) for his own improvement. Just how far would Soma go in order to surpass himself before confronting the Stalker King?
- Well that is not expected. Like always, Erina has her cat-&-dog relationship with Soma pratically because of her pride and status, and the news about Soma's second Shokugeki jhas come to her mansion's door. While reluctantly invited to taste the dish, Erina's note the food is a no go for the Semifinals and claimed that he never understand the theme of the dish (excatly what is beef stew to you, princess?). Like always, Erina berates about pride and status of the dish that Soma's dish is out of the class, well not surprising for princess such as her would spew some mockery to anyone. But this might a serious case fpr Soma since he need more that to find his own flaw for better improvement. Is the pride and arrogance once again covered her true feeling about the dish? and how Soma response to Erina's critisim this time?
- Meanwhile, the Elite Ten Members (not full) made their slight apperance. They appriciate the Boss for being the Main Tournament, and the boss also withness the conversation between the Yukihira Genius and the Tootsuki Princess. How he view the conversation is anyone guess, but there is one thing for sure is he has been an observation to the Yukihira Genius through his eagle eyes. Who else would be invited as the guest judges for the Semifinals? Are we going to see the partical revelaed members of the Elite Ten soon enough?
- Guess who also read the news. From afar, Doujima witnessed the news about Soma's second Shokugeki and he is sure proud for Soma's acomplishments to make this far. Now he would be heading to the Tootsuki Culinary Academy as the judge for the semifinals via phoencall, what would he expect the growth from the Yukihira Genius, the son of his fellow POlar Star Legend (well if Subaru is able to see that coming...)?
Ps. There are mysteries that we would like to crack...
- How did the Yukihira Genius know where is the location of the Nakiri Mansion?
- How did Erina know what Soma's cooking for his stew?
- Isn't she always wanted to drive Soma out from the Tootsuki? Why would Soma seek for her even he knew she didn't like him a bit?
Last edited by Chingaruna517; August 22, 2014 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Renew edition
Hah, I thought Erina knows because of her "God's Tognue", but maybe I'm reading too much into this manga XD.
i really like the idea of Soma going to Erina for taste testing Erina's tongue is not normal at even for common people the taste of the food is good for her it's like nothing also i think that every time Soma ask to taste test the beef stew to Erina 100% sure that Erina will not yield at saying the beef stew is good and Soma will upgrade it again and again making the beef stew top notch that even Erina can't hide her emotions
Also the Stalker Guy is mimicking Soma but you notice that Joichiro is not in there maybe Mr. Stalker don't know about it
Or perhaps, just perhaps (still turns it as motivation) Erina's critique about Soma might be a hint for Soma to break Subaru's perfected copy-pasted which never revealed by the Stalker King himself, and this is where the Yukihira Genius must fix his errors in order to get his turning point. Erina may not to explain how, but that alone might help him to use some tweeks to find his eureka to give a full understanding about the stew.
Regardless of this "homework", as you might say it, without Joichiro in the picture Subaru's investigations would definately made some unexpected miscalculations. Maybe Erina's mockery might give a hint about Subaru's weakness (or is it?) So it wouldn't be surprise that even him missing something vital to beat Soma, let alone not knowing Soma's father was in fact the son of the Tootsuki's lost legend.
Chapter is out
This is really the best chapter so far this arc. It's just pack of awesomeness XD. Erina x Souma is the best pair.
Finally, Erina appeared, I missed her. I wouldn't expect anything less from her, discovering what was in the Yukihira dish just by looking. The authors always make clear that she is in a different level. However, she is a bit lonely as well... Maybe it will be of some use later. Right now, she really misses Hisako, who went to a journey for her own to improve. I can see why the difference in treatment between Hisako and Nikumi, the first is on a different level as a cook, but besides that, Hisako is Erina's childhood friend and understands Erina more than anyone else, probably. I'm looking forward to Hisako's return.
Talking about Yukihira dilemma now: there is no way to win this battle by himself, it continues true and that's why Erina appeared. She said that she will not give any advice, but she will get excited, she must show her superiority in front of Yukihira, so she will give an advice to Yukihira, an advice from a genius who is above of 99% of the students in that school, including Subaru. Subaru can go in the Yukihira character as he did in the beginning of this chapter, but he is far from reaching the level of Erina. Erina will give an advice that Subaru will not imagine and give the victory to Yukihira.
Looking forward to reading next chapter. Erina's advice is what matters now. XD
---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------
Last edited by Leoat12; August 23, 2014 at 08:23 PM.