Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Rachel put Baam in the cave?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Rachel put Baam in the cave?

This is something that has been bugging since I started reading the manga not to long ago. From the first time Baam told his story and whatnot it is obviously weird that baam was alone in a cave and it is even more weird that only rachel was there.

All in all, it is extremely obvious Rachel put baam in the cave. Any other scenario is absurd. Looking back, we know rachel came and left the cave on her own and she seemingly had her own life because otherwise she wouldn't have had a reason to leave. If she had a life and there were other people out there... why not take baam outside? Why leave him there? There is no reason for her to do that but her specifically wanting him there. I guess there is a chance of some other story like protecting him from danger although that would be weird and inconsistent with rachel as an enemy of baam.

Rachel also said she feared baam.... Why? I guess she might fear baam's potential, assuming she knew of it before getting to the tower or even worst, she fears his wrath at him figuring it out.

Another big mystery for me is hasn't anyone suggested this to baam. In particular khun and androssi. They are powerful, intelligent and manipulative, such a thing falls exactly into the sort of thing that they should be able to figure out. In some occasions I have gotten the impression that the thought has crossed their mind but they haven't commented on it.

Any thoughts?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rachel put Baam in the cave?

It's unlikely IMO. She knew nothing about him and when she got the occasion to go in the Tower, she quickly abandoned him. Baam is certainly a special being, I don't think she would have abandoned him like that if she know his story.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

But she did abandon him there. Why else would baam be there at all? Rachel wasn't confined to the cave, she was able to come and go as she pleased. Presumably there were people where she went when she was not with baam. She wore normal clothes, she played games with baam, she could speak which is something she could only learn from other people. Still, baam never met anyone else, rachel never made any effort whatsoever to release him. Baam was some lonely kid in a cave who rachel visited. The only rational explanation for baam being in the cave is that rachel put him there and wanted to keep him there. Baam certainly is a special being within the tower however that could be a reason for rachel to keep baam in the cave.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that scenario bothers me too. He is obviously there for a reason.

On no evidence, I convinced myself that Baam's cave is actually in the basement under the tower. He is a baby Guardian.
    Everyone talks about the tower as if it starts on Floor 1... and for most intents and purposes it does... but it seems strange there are no Basement floor numbers that we know of.

As for Rachel, she is just a selfish B__ch, and doesn't warrant our time to theorize about her.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    Yeah, that scenario bothers me too. He is obviously there for a reason.

On no evidence, I convinced myself that Baam's cave is actually in the basement under the tower. He is a baby Guardian.
    Everyone talks about the tower as if it starts on Floor 1... and for most intents and purposes it does... but it seems strange there are no Basement floor numbers that we know of.

As for Rachel, she is just a selfish B__ch, and doesn't warrant our time to theorize about her.
    I like the idea of baam being a baby guardian. It would be a nice twist and perhaps even an adequate explanation of his talent at manipulating shinso.

As for rachel.... the manga is kinda about her, perhaps even more than it is about baam.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that Rachel was evil at the start. I really believe she cared about Baam, the way an owner care about her pet. But when the pet was chosen above the owner, she simply snapped. Basically the shadow took the place of the light and she couldn't bear it.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Rachel, my love, wouldn't do something like that, she only goes for the kill. Burying some brat is stupid.

New Reply