Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 458

Thread: Naruto 690 Discussion / 691 Predictions

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto_Rasengan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Townsville, Queensland
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    709
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleone View Post
    I pray this manga ends soon. not trying to be a "hater" but seriously this has been dragged on too long.
    Dragged on too long or didn't turn out the way you expected it to? Genuinely curious as most peoples lack of respect for the series lately seem to be highly dependent on how they feel things should have unfolded as apposed to how they have.

  2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #17
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BL-Tomoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Austria
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto_Rasengan View Post
    Dragged on too long or didn't turn out the way you expected it to? Genuinely curious as most peoples lack of respect for the series lately seem to be highly dependent on how they feel things should have unfolded as apposed to how they have.
    I'd give you a 100 "likes" if I could, for this sentence, thank you.

  4. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #18
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DihDiogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    I love Naruto, but I really agree Naruto dragged on too long. IMO, "Kaguya arc" is really unnecessary at all. I'm not saying all the chapters are bad or something like this, but sometimes we feel Kishimoto (or his editors, we don't know) just drag the plot like never Naruto did. I hope it end well.

  6. #19
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto_Rasengan
    Dragged on too long or didn't turn out the way you expected it to? Genuinely curious as most peoples lack of respect for the series lately seem to be highly dependent on how they feel things should have unfolded as apposed to how they have.
    It dragged on too long BECAUSE it didn't turn out the way we expected it to. We expected it to turn out good.

    It didn't.

    Majority rules. Most people dislike how things have unfolded because they've unfolded badly. Some things ignore previously established canon. Some things just happen and aren't explained. The lack of respect for the series comes from the series' gradual decline. And it's too late to turn things around.

  7. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto_Rasengan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Townsville, Queensland
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    709
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    It dragged on too long BECAUSE it didn't turn out the way we expected it to. We expected it to turn out good.

    It didn't.

    Majority rules. Most people dislike how things have unfolded because they've unfolded badly. Some things ignore previously established canon. Some things just happen and aren't explained. The lack of respect for the series comes from the series' gradual decline. And it's too late to turn things around.
    Majority rules? Hahaha, What exactly do you think this is? Everyone's opinion differs, just because you have one doesn't make it fact.

    IMO Naruto to date is of a higher quality than One Piece, Bleach, Magi etc. Just because you think it's no good doesn't make it so, that's for your own reasons. I know you will refute that point to no end but I quite frankly do not care for your opinion, no more than you could for mine.

    "Majority Rules" doesn't mean anything here as everyone's opinion differs... Absolutely, everyone's perspective is different. You think it cannot be turned around, I don't think it needs to be. Things are the way they are and explanations will come in time, as they always have with this series. If you were a true fan of the series you would be interested in where it's heading, not where it isn't (again, my perspective).

    I'm unsure of when everyone became such experts on literature, but if you're anything like myself and have been following this series since day one then regardless of what happens you should be able to appreciate it and all it's author has sacrificed to bring us such a great story over the past 15-17 years.

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #21
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Devil_Beast1109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    ------
    Country
    Mexico
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    62
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    It dragged on too long BECAUSE it didn't turn out the way we expected it to. We expected it to turn out good.

    It didn't.

    Majority rules. Most people dislike how things have unfolded because they've unfolded badly. Some things ignore previously established canon. Some things just happen and aren't explained. The lack of respect for the series comes from the series' gradual decline. And it's too late to turn things around.
    This ^

    I mean the Kaguya arc finally explains why the Narutoverse has and is able to wield chakra so it sure adds even more background to it's world, which is a nice thing in my opinion, but the way it's being executed just feels really bad compared to the way previous arcs unfolded.
    95% of all teens would go into a panic if Miley Cyrus was on a 100 foot building about to jump. Copy and paste this if you are one of the 5% who brought popcorn and invited friends.


  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #22
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    The fight has dragged on way too long. She is out of tricks now. This attempt to seal her or the next one better work. If she escape more than one time, it's proof that it's being dragged on too long. No matter how good a series is, it has to end at one point.

    Pretty sure people didn't want DBZ to end when it was being published, but it did. Same for Naruto and Bleach, they have to end (although Bleach has more stuff left to resolve and more story to tell).

  13. #23
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    va
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Giga_Gaia View Post
    The fight has dragged on way too long. She is out of tricks now. This attempt to seal her or the next one better work. If she escape more than one time, it's proof that it's being dragged on too long. No matter how good a series is, it has to end at one point.

    Pretty sure people didn't want DBZ to end when it was being published, but it did. Same for Naruto and Bleach, they have to end (although Bleach has more stuff left to resolve and more story to tell).
    But she has done nothing to make anyone feel she has ran out of tricks. For that matter as well, SasuNaru hasnt even been driven to a point of near death. Theres been well little to no serious drama affecting SasuNaru by Kaguya beyond them being separated. I guess Im saying it just hasnt felt all that suspenseful or as dramatically high climax one would expect for a Naruto arc, consider say the Pain fight for example. In terms of Naruto hes really not been challenged at all with Kaguya.

    SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

  14. #24
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    THE SCIENCEMOBILE!!
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    It dragged on too long BECAUSE it didn't turn out the way we expected it to. We expected it to turn out good.

    It didn't.

    Majority rules. Most people dislike how things have unfolded because they've unfolded badly. Some things ignore previously established canon. Some things just happen and aren't explained. The lack of respect for the series comes from the series' gradual decline. And it's too late to turn things around.
    Most vocal people on the internet dislike how things have unfolded.

  15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #25
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto_Rasengan
    Majority rules? Hahaha, What exactly do you think this is? Everyone's opinion differs, just because you have one doesn't make it fact.
    Never said it was fact. Simply explaining why you hear so much complaining. Most people seem to be of the same opinion, so you can't keep coming in here pretending like we're annoyed for the sake of being annoyed. This is not the first (nor will it be the last) attempt at you trying to make it seem like we're the ones with the problem as opposed to Kishimoto.

    Quote Quote:
    IMO Naruto to date is of a higher quality than One Piece, Bleach, Magi etc. Just because you think it's no good doesn't make it so, that's for your own reasons. I know you will refute that point to no end but I quite frankly do not care for your opinion, no more than you could for mine.
    This isn't about opinions being right or wrong, it's about our opinions not being as baseless as you wish they were. And that's a blatant lie about you not caring about my/our opinions. If you didn't, you could let people complain to their heart's content without trying to reprimand us for disagreeing with you. You'd let it go. But you can't.

    Quote Quote:
    "Majority Rules" doesn't mean anything here as everyone's opinion differs... Absolutely, everyone's perspective is different. You think it cannot be turned around, I don't think it needs to be. Things are the way they are and explanations will come in time, as they always have with this series. If you were a true fan of the series you would be interested in where it's heading, not where it isn't (again, my perspective).
    On the contrary. There's a fine line between opinion and fact. My aunt loves the taste of burned popcorn. Most people hate it. If she tells me that I can't tell her her opinion is wrong about burned popcorn tasting good, she'd be right... but if she tried to tell me that "The right way to eat popcorn is when it's burned", she'd be wrong. And me, and my whole family, and everyone else in the world that's fucking normal would be right.

    You can tell me you like the events of the Naruto manga. But you can't tell me it's a good manga. Because that's wrong. There are facets of writing and plot progression and cohesion that determines good writing. Not just whether you like it or not.

    As for the "just trust in Kishimoto and everything'll turn out right", that's simply wrong. As I said, some of his explanations for things in the past ignored previously established canon for the sake of fanservice. That's not a good thing. If it doesn't bother you, fine. But it bothers a lot of people. A LOT.

    Quote Quote:
    I'm unsure of when everyone became such experts on literature, but if you're anything like myself and have been following this series since day one then regardless of what happens you should be able to appreciate it and all it's author has sacrificed to bring us such a great story over the past 15-17 years.
    It's not nearly as black and white as that.

    I follow the series because it's my favorite manga thanks to the mythos and the world built around the characters. The way ninjutsu, genjutsu, and taijutsu work, the ninja ranking system, the (at first) smaller power levels than say... DBZ or Bleach, the character balancing, the fight scenes and the drawing style all made me like it better than the other manga I read (which at the time was only Naruto, Bleach, Change 123, Tenjo Tenge, Blade of the Immortal, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, and muhfuckin' Ubel Blatt). I'm a stickler for expansive worlds. But the bigger the world is the more things inside of it have to be balanced and have a sense of belonging. After a while some shit just started to stand out in a bad way. Started to not "fit" the Naruto mythos. Started to change things from what was originally understood about the manga. I still read it because of the love I had for it in the beginning, and a need for closure.

    I am a true Naruto fan, because I love the true NARUTO. Not this shit we're getting now.

  17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #26
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member narutostrength's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    death city
    Country
    Paraguay
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    is there really a point in making the seal fail? i mean they tried like two times, we're like stuck in this circle, they failing and trying all over again it's kinda boring tho

    He who stabs the heart of the Captain must take over as captain. The Dutchman must always have a captain. And if he saves me, he loses you.

  19. #27
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist
    Most vocal people on the internet dislike how things have unfolded.
    Okay, I'll give you that. But we can only work with what we know. It's the same as getting into an argument about something that happened in the manga, and relying on manga scans to prove your point. "Pics or it didn't happen" so to speak.

    We can only work with what we have in front of us. And we have a lot of vocal people that are pissed. So... majority rules.

  20. #28
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Country
    Joker
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    334
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    this arc just betrayed the concept of manga badly ... i mean even in Nagato Arc , we find out that Naruto is chosen by fate and it was against original concept of manga but at least , Naruto was trying to win on his own ....

    now , both Naruto and Sasuke are really doing nothing , they are just using a free gift that Hagomoro and Indra and Ashura and Bijjus gave them .
    .. I'm sure if hagomoro could give these gifts to other characters , they could do the same thing as well ( for example , from the point that kakashi was gifted by double MS and used it more effiecinty against Kaguya .... )

    this manga already ended , kishi could tell untold things in better manner and lesser chapters ....

  21. #29
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Country
    Joker
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    334
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by narutostrength View Post
    is there really a point in making the seal fail? i mean they tried like two times, we're like stuck in this circle, they failing and trying all over again it's kinda boring tho
    its just like Naruto and Co against Obito ...

  22. #30
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    konoha.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,018
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    In my personal opinion, it was great but it kind went the same way as dragon ball , I couldn't discussed dragon ball so much because I was a little kid and I was just amazed by the fighting but with naruto is different, I'm bigger and see more the asspull and sll that but even if didn't go the way that it was supposed to go, I will miss naruto very much when it ends but everyday I prayed that can turn back the way it was and I could have another year or two with my favorite manga..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

New Reply
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts