Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 458

Thread: Naruto 690 Discussion / 691 Predictions

  1. #31
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    586
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by narutostrength View Post
    is there really a point in making the seal fail? i mean they tried like two times, we're like stuck in this circle, they failing and trying all over again it's kinda boring tho
    Kishi used Izanami on all of us.

  2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #32
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Krik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Riyuki View Post
    Kishi used Izanami on all of us.

    It was Madara, trust me Then again maybe they are in cahoots.
    I am convinced that Madara Uchiha used Izanagi on the entire story. Even Kishimoto was affected.

  4. #33
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DanteSonOfSparda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    421
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto_Rasengan View Post
    Majority rules? Hahaha, What exactly do you think this is? Everyone's opinion differs, just because you have one doesn't make it fact.

    IMO Naruto to date is of a higher quality than One Piece, Bleach, Magi etc. Just because you think it's no good doesn't make it so, that's for your own reasons. I know you will refute that point to no end but I quite frankly do not care for your opinion, no more than you could for mine.

    "Majority Rules" doesn't mean anything here as everyone's opinion differs... Absolutely, everyone's perspective is different. You think it cannot be turned around, I don't think it needs to be. Things are the way they are and explanations will come in time, as they always have with this series. If you were a true fan of the series you would be interested in where it's heading, not where it isn't (again, my perspective).

    I'm unsure of when everyone became such experts on literature, but if you're anything like myself and have been following this series since day one then regardless of what happens you should be able to appreciate it and all it's author has sacrificed to bring us such a great story over the past 15-17 years.
    Whether somebody likes a story or not is of course up to his or her own opinion, just as you say. Regardless of that, there are still some objective criterias that you can measure the quality of a narration with (e.g. whether a story is contradicting itself or not). If you don't believe me, just look at the various literature awards that are given away every year, those are not awarded just because the jury "really really liked the book"...

    I personally feel that the quality of Naruto has declined extremely if you compare it to the first half of the series, especially if you look at the last ~100 chapters.
    That doesn't mean I don't appreciate the work the author has put into it though as you want to imply though.

    I can be a true fan of the series and still don't like how it has developed...

  5. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #34
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Riyuki
    Kishi used Izanami on all of us.
    More like Tsukuyomi. Since there's no end to it and he has complete control over everything we experience regardless of our suffering.

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    898
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Never said it was fact. Simply explaining why you hear so much complaining. Most people seem to be of the same opinion, so you can't keep coming in here pretending like we're annoyed for the sake of being annoyed. This is not the first (nor will it be the last) attempt at you trying to make it seem like we're the ones with the problem as opposed to Kishimoto.
    You're assuming that the majority of the readership posts here. Most of us don't-at least not to the extent that some of the diehards do. The difference between opinion and fact is quite profound actually. One is subjective while the other is objective. Subjective: Me killing someone is bad. Objective: I killed a person. So is me killing someone who was attacking me with a knife "bad"? It's not that simple.

    People who've put the greatest expectations on the war and conclusion are having the greatest thralls of agony right now. Me? Not so much. Have I liked everything? No. But I'm still enjoying this series of the Big 3. It's Kishi's story. He can't be wrong about it. If he wants to add vampires that glitter he can do that. He might be ending the series poorly, but it's still his story. He's in the right. A lot of people have been nitpicking around the edges because they don't like where the story is going (ie it's not what they envisioned where the story "should" be going), but it's not their story-so they aren't "right".

  9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #36
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill
    You're assuming that the majority of the readership posts here.
    I'm basing my claim on Mangahelpers alone (though I could throw in reactions from two other forums to prove my point further). I'm not assuming the majority of the readership posts here let alone complains. As I told badluckartist, my claims are based only on the info we have at hand, which is all you can expect of me.


    Quote Quote:
    Most of us don't-at least not to the extent that some of the diehards do. The difference between opinion and fact is quite profound actually. One is subjective while the other is objective. Subjective: Me killing someone is bad. Objective: I killed a person. So is me killing someone who was attacking me with a knife "bad"? It's not that simple.
    I simply can't believe that. I believe the diehards outnumber the casuals by a considerable degree when it comes to actually posting on the forums though. These casuals that don't care enough about the manga to voice their displeasure about it likely don't even frequent forums and thus are a moot point. I used to frequent Club Bleach forums (now cleverbaka), I check Narutobase often, and I post here often. I even check leafninja every once in a while. And everywhere I've been mentions the dwindling quality of Shippuden if not outright stating the manga is shit. And even when not getting that irate about it, they still admit to Part 1 being clearly superior. I mean, it'll never be as terrible as Bleach (which I also still read mind you), but that's irrelevant.

    Quote Quote:
    People who've put the greatest expectations on the war and conclusion are having the greatest thralls of agony right now. Me? Not so much. Have I liked everything? No. But I'm still enjoying this series of the Big 3. It's Kishi's story. He can't be wrong about it. If he wants to add vampires that glitter he can do that. He might be ending the series poorly, but it's still his story. He's in the right. A lot of people have been nitpicking around the edges because they don't like where the story is going (ie it's not what they envisioned where the story "should" be going), but it's not their story-so they aren't "right".
    I don't disagree with any of that. Just the idea that it's not bad. You can say you like it, and that'd be fine, because your opinion can't be wrong. You can say it's a good manga, and you'd be wrong, because it's not a good manga. And the only reason anyone's angry with the way it's turning out is because Kishimoto himself designed the manga to work a certain way and then began deviating from that formula at every opportunity he got. Even then I'm not saying he's wrong, just that his fans are for not calling him on it, and (and subsequently trying to imply that the falling quality is in our heads, or we're just mad things didn't go our way). Yeah, it's his story. He has the right to change everything that he wants to. But he has to accept when those changes are at the expense of quality.

    And so do you.

  11. #37
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Invader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,952
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Quote Quote:
    Dragged on too long or didn't turn out the way you expected it to?
    I wouldn't say the MANGA has dragged out too long, but this "War" certainly has. And it's not because it turned out unexpectedly per se, but because it went off into bat-crap crazy Rabbit Goddess la-la land with dimension destroying jutsus and other bull. There is "not going the way you expected" and then there is "absolutely nonsensical goofiness that totally contradicts the previous 450 chapters of what you've been reading".
    Last edited by Invader; August 27, 2014 at 07:42 PM.
    Hidan... Naruto's ONLY real villain!

  12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #38
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    317
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Speaking of this war, how much time has passed in the manga? From the time first fighting with the Zetsu army till now. A few days? A week?

  14. #39
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    va
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko View Post
    Speaking of this war, how much time has passed in the manga? From the time first fighting with the Zetsu army till now. A few days? A week?
    i thought its only been day 1.

    SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

  15. #40
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    317
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    i thought its only been day 1.
    I thought day 1 was up until the the scene with Sakura defeating a white Zetsu disguised as Neji. They were having trouble identifying which ninja was Zetsu and the fighting stalled in many areas. Then the 2nd day began.

  16. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Invader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,952
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    It's been one day - one night - and however long it's been since the night ended.
    Hidan... Naruto's ONLY real villain!

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  18. #42
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    317
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Jeez, time drags on forever in Naruto nowadays.

  19. #43
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    586
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    The Juubi shouldn't have been so big and so many dumbass bulbasaur forms. I still rewatch the Pain vs. naruto fight because of how badass it is . I haven't felt that way once since the war started. I was probably most excited for Mugetsu of the 7 swordsman and we never even really saw him fight... ridiculous. Oh, and that's all in my opinion so don't freak out.

  20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  21. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Invader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,952
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    Quote Quote:
    The Juubi shouldn't have been so big and so many dumbass bulbasaur forms. I still rewatch the Pain vs. naruto fight because of how badass it is . I haven't felt that way once since the war started.
    That's pretty much how I've felt. The Pain arc was when Naruto reached its acme. Since then it's been a slow march between mediocrity, goofy, and bad. This has been especially true for me ever since Naruto and Obito first clonked their empty coconuts together. The cyclical, "lather-rinse-repeat" nature of the fight with Obito - then the Jubi - then Madara - then Jubito - then Madara - then 6P Madara - now Kaguya... It's been like one huge Izanagi going over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and OVER again. Bleh.

    Talk about "not going the way you expected..." What I 'expected' was for the story to NOT devolve into a boring, repetitive, never-ending yawnfest.
    Hidan... Naruto's ONLY real villain!

  22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  23. #45
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    586
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 690 Spoilers Discussion

    I want Lord Jashin and Hidan to appear so damn bad . It would be the icing on the cake lmao.

    ---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

    Jashin: No!! I will not let my wife Kaguya be sealed!! Fortunately I had Hidan meld himself into the earths soil since the time Shikamaru-kun buried my dumbass follower.

    Hidan : Oooooowaaaahhh?? No Jashin-sama! I let that smart ass kid do that so I could achieve my REAL plan within Akatsuki - bringing you back!

    Jashin : Whatever.. anyways Hidan was able to turn his DNA into roots because he also has hashirama's DNA planted into him. He was secretly gathering all information Zetsu has been obtaining this entire time. This was all planned long ago.

    ----- That's all for now -----

    If something like this happened in this weeks chapter I would just be soooo pumped up!!

New Reply
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts