Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Licensed Mangas? What should a fansite host be aware of?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner m0ji's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Licensed Mangas? What should a fansite host be aware of?

Yeah hi guys since i couldnt find a better place to ask about this i wanted to ask it here.

My problem is that i ve designed and coded a "FairyTail" Fansite which is going live soon and i wanted to provide DDL of the upcoming and older releases by scanlation groups scanlating that Manga. The server i m using is stationed in Germany and well yeah...i dont know quite well how its working with licenses... Since Del Rey licensed FairyTail in the US i think... Now lets say i provided DDLs of the english Scanlations by lets say Franky House...is there anything i have to watch out for? Is that illegal in any way or...how is that working?

would be nice if someone of knowledge about stuff like that could help me out with a few sentences...

greetings

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bunshindattebayo's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Licensed Mangas? What should a fansite host be aware of?

Just beware of Tokyopop.I was reading Card Captor Sakura at One Manga back then,and a couple hours later all of the Card Captor Sakura chapters were taken down because of the claim by Tokyopop.And not just CCS,all manga that's licensed by TP such as Love Hina,Rave Master and any other were taken down.Glad there's MangaFox site.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22570&dateline=1205497510
    ~~Aren't they cute together?~~

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner m0ji's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

well its not tokyopop licensing the manga but Del Rey. So i basically can host them online and give a DDL...? I mean is it allowed for me to host the whole mangas when its not licensed in Germany and my server isnt in the US where it is licensed either...so i dont have to fear anything right?Since "KEFI" scanlations took down their first 2 volumes of Fairytail when these 2 volumes were released in the US...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bunshindattebayo's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by m0ji View Post
    well its not tokyopop licensing the manga but Del Rey. So i basically can host them online and give a DDL...? I mean is it allowed for me to host the whole mangas when its not licensed in Germany and my server isnt in the US where it is licensed either...so i dont have to fear anything right?Since "KEFI" scanlations took down their first 2 volumes of Fairytail when these 2 volumes were released in the US...
    Yes,I know that you're talking about Del Rey and I know thet're licensing Fairy Tail in the US.I just want to say that there is another manga licenser that you have to beware of iif you are reading another manga.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22570&dateline=1205497510
    ~~Aren't they cute together?~~

New Reply