Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 187

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by Araki Hirohiko

  1. #151
    Intl Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Reith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by Araki Hirohiko

    Character design of Battle Tendency


  2. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #152
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Morioh Town
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by Araki Hirohiko

    Damn they're looking good! I just hope that they don't draw Joseph's face the same way the draw Jonathan's. Jonathan's face looks downright ugly at times (whilst Dio always looks great). Personally I wish that the art would follow the style of parts IV, V and VI, but I like how the animation team is trying to meld all of the series's styles into one uniform style.

  4. #153
    Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    England
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,599
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by Araki Hirohiko

    Man, those Battle Tendency designs bring me back. The first part of JoJo was alright but never the part of the anime I was waiting for (that's Vento Aureo and Stone Ocean), but BT? Yeah, that's gonna be a nice thrillride through memory lane for me or whatnot.

  5. #154
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Morioh Town
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by Araki Hirohiko

    I love how 80's-tastic Lisa Lisa looks. And she's such a badass with those shades on!

    Favourite Stand anyone? I really like Killer Queen, Purple Haze, and Jojolion's protagonist's is growing on me as well!

  6. #155
    Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    England
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,599
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by Araki Hirohiko

    Kiss, every time. I think it's the crown that does it for me.

    though a solid second place goes to Soft & Wet, with its cool anchor motif

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #156
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member steadynco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by Araki Hirohiko

    Only fairly recently got into the series after checking out the new anime adaptation of Phantom Blood and wow, was I hooked! Such a great series reflecting the author's unfettered imagination. So far I've read Parts 1, 2, 3 and 7.

    I think Part 1 is fairly mild compared to the rest of the series but I think Araki was still wondering where to take the series. I liked the background on Dio and anime captured this part pretty well.

    Part 2 was epic, Joseph is easily my favourite protagonist so far and the combat became more intense. I really liked Wham as one of the antagonists.

    Part 3 seemed to be the most popular/well known due to anime and games based on it but personally, I thought it dragged on terribly.... The protagonists were great but I didn't care for chapters upon chapters of random Dio underlings (who pop out of nowhere) systematically assaulting the main party, with their minimal character development and their usual defeat after 2-3 chapters...it became a real chore to read after a while.

    Part 7 (Steel Ball Run) might be my favourite, I really loved the story and the characters (esp. Funny Valentine). Fairly decent character development and interactions too, of both protagonists and antagonists. I found the last few chapters a bit odd/random but I love Dio so it was all very satisfactory =).

    Might read Part 5 next..

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #157
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Morioh Town
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by Araki Hirohiko

    ^ Read Part 4, I'm sure you'll love it! Plus you kind of need to read it so as to understand the beginning of Part 5

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #158
    Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    England
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,599
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by Araki Hirohiko

    Also then if you don't feel like reading parts 5 and 6 part 4 is totally good for getting what Araki's doing with JoJoLion.

    basically part 4 is pretty crucial.

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #159
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member steadynco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by Araki Hirohiko

    Okay okay, I'll give Part 4 a try now, it's just Josuke didn't grab me...haha. Will let you all know what my favourite stand is soon.
    Last edited by steadynco; January 05, 2013 at 01:11 AM.

  15. #160
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by Araki Hirohiko

    Hi there, I'm normally in the HunterxHunter thread, but figured I'd check out the JoJo's section since I'm a big jojo fanboy too.

    If you can folks, don't dare read the Duwang scans for part 4, new ones were done here: http://www.mangatraders.com/view/file/47868

    Part 4 is easily my favorite, and I find the previous scans (which you find on most other sites) turn folks away, its well worth the read if you ask me, though generally speaking steadynco JoJo parts 3-4-5 all have LOTS of "henchmen" fights, though I think it works a bit better in part 4 where the characters stick around and are not just random goons. That being said I enjoy some of the part 3 villains personally (moreso the ones you meet in Egypt) and Steely Dan with the Lovers.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

  16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #161
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by Araki Hirohiko

    I found this thread via CrudeCross signature,and i am of course a big JoJo fan.
    http://drakonika.tumblr.com/post/417...-bd-dvd-volume

    We can see that the drawings of BR are better than the TV version.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

  18. #162
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member steadynco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by Araki Hirohiko

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    Hi there, I'm normally in the HunterxHunter thread, but figured I'd check out the JoJo's section since I'm a big jojo fanboy too.

    If you can folks, don't dare read the Duwang scans for part 4, new ones were done here: http://www.mangatraders.com/view/file/47868

    Part 4 is easily my favorite, and I find the previous scans (which you find on most other sites) turn folks away, its well worth the read if you ask me, though generally speaking steadynco JoJo parts 3-4-5 all have LOTS of "henchmen" fights, though I think it works a bit better in part 4 where the characters stick around and are not just random goons. That being said I enjoy some of the part 3 villains personally (moreso the ones you meet in Egypt) and Steely Dan with the Lovers.
    I read part 4 and I loved it! I think it was far better paced than Part 3 and the side characters were generally more likeable (Rohan, Okuyasu etc.). The part 4 big bad Yoshikage Kira blows the bonehead Dio out of the water as an awesome villain (to clarify, I loved Dio from part 1 due to his personality and machinations but clearly the charm had been sucked out of the part 3 Dio, who really had no personal connection to the main characters nor really any purpose other than to be an antagonist). I found Kira really interesting because of his bizarre personality traits (hand fetish, paranoia), especially his desire to NOT be the villain XD. I liked how he appeared throughout the entire part instead of just at the end, whether it be in direct encounter with the protagonists or in some side story to give more insight into his life and mind. Killer Queen didn't seem that overly powerful but the stand was a huge threat due to Kira's strategic use of it (I liked this better than Dio's brute force method with The World). Some of the whacky digressions in part 4 were well appreciated too, in particular the cook that cures health conditions by first inflicting extreme bodily contortions and the man who lives in the phone tower.

    I'm up to date with Jojolion now (really interesting so far!) and I've started reading part 5.

    My favourite stand is Heaven's Door....it can be used to stun the enemy, extract his/her personality/thoughts/history and control....quite practical in today's world!

    p.s. Stray Cat is quite cute when it isn't angry.
    Last edited by steadynco; February 11, 2013 at 07:56 AM.

  19. #163
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Morioh Town
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by Araki Hirohiko

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    I found this thread via CrudeCross signature,and i am of course a big JoJo fan.
    http://drakonika.tumblr.com/post/417...-bd-dvd-volume

    We can see that the drawings of BR are better than the TV version.
    Good to see my signature doing it's job . And yes, the Blu Rays are awesome! They've managed to make Jonathan look better in the face-department (I really disliked the way that they drew his face).

    Quote Originally Posted by steadynco View Post
    I read part 4 and I loved it! I think it was far better paced than Part 3 and the side characters were generally more likeable (Rohan, Okuyasu etc.). The part 4 big bad Yoshikage Kira blows the bonehead Dio out of the water as an awesome villain (to clarify, I loved Dio from part 1 due to his personality and machinations but clearly the charm had been sucked out of the part 3 Dio, who really had no personal connection to the main characters nor really any purpose other than to be an antagonist). I found Kira really interesting because of his bizarre personality traits (hand fetish, paranoia), especially his desire to NOT be the villain XD. I liked how he appeared throughout the entire part instead of just at the end, whether it be in direct encounter with the protagonists or in some side story to give more insight into his life and mind. Killer Queen didn't seem that overly powerful but the stand was a huge threat due to Kira's strategic use of it (I liked this better than Dio's brute force method with The World). Some of the whacky digressions in part 4 were well appreciated too, in particular the cook that cures health conditions by first inflicting extreme bodily contortions and the man who lives in the phone tower.

    I'm up to date with Jojolion now (really interesting so far!) and I've started reading part 5.

    My favourite stand is Heaven's Door....it can be used to stun the enemy, extract his/her personality/thoughts/history and control....quite practical in today's world!

    p.s. Stray Cat is quite cute when it isn't angry.
    Glad to see you enjoyed Part IV ! It really is my favourite part and also features my favourite villain in the series (yeah I've said this before but who cares ), and so much better than Part III. I really don't get why Stardust Crusaders is considered the most popular part. I mean to me it's kind of like Part I because it serves more as an indroduction to concepts that get developed on the following part (Part I having introduced the Ripple/Hamon and Part III having introduced the Stands). It's also wayyyy to episodic. It's good, but definitely not the series's best. I think part of the reason why it's so popular is due to Jotaro's design (what he lacks in personality he makes up for with a killer character design), Dio as the main villain, and the Stands.
    Diamond Is Unbreakable is when JoJo truly becomes great in my opinion. Every part that comes after it is just as good, with Part V being my second favourite (Passione!). And Jojolion keeps getting more interesting. I really do wonder who Jousuke's second half is!

    Oh, and by the way, Part 3 being animated has been practically confirmed. Check a couple of these new trading cards to see what I mean (credits go to http://onepixeljump.com/tag/jojos-bi...ing-card-game/):

    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Crude; February 11, 2013 at 02:32 PM.

  20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  21. #164
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member steadynco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by Araki Hirohiko

    Oh wow, I really hope they do animate part 3 and pace it fast like they've been doing for the first two parts (like an episode per henchmen stand fight). Maybe intend to animate the later parts too =) I'd love to see part 4 and Steel Ball Run animated.

    Right now I'm watching clips (on niconicodouga) of people voice acting as characters from Steel Ball Run as the manga panels show up on screen in a dynamic fashion. The voices are really good too and it almost feels like watching an anime adaptation =)
    Last edited by steadynco; February 12, 2013 at 04:05 AM.

  22. #165
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Morioh Town
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by Araki Hirohiko



    Anyone as excited for this as I am? I mean the only thing I disliked is that the trailer makes it look like Kira will be DLC only, unless of course you pre-order the game. It's still pretty stupid, the guy's like one the most popular villains, and him being DLC whilst certain other characters aren't is mind-boggling. I really do hope the other villains, as well as the other supporting characters, aren't DLC.

  23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts