Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Law or kidd all out duel

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • Law

135 61.93%
  • Kidd

83 38.07%
New Reply
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The 11 Supernovae

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

The 11 Supernovae

Quote Quote:
    The 11 Supernovas

NAME BOUNTY HOME SEA GROUP
    1) Eustass "Captain" Kid 315,000,000 South Blue Kid Pirates
    2) "Straw Hat" Monkey D. Luffy 300,000,000 East Blue Straw Hat Pirates
    3) "The Magician" Bagil Hawkins 249,000,000 North Blue Hawkins Pirates
    4) "Red Flag" X. Drake 222,000,000 North Blue Drake Pirates
    5) "Dark Doctor" Trafalgar Law 200,000,000 North Blue Heart Pirates
    6) "Roar of the Sea" Scratchmen Apoo 198,000,000 Grand Line On Air Pirates
    7) "Massacre Man" Killer 162,000,000 South Blue Kid Pirates
    8) "Big Eater" Jewelry Bonney 140,000,000 South Blue Bonney Pirates
    9) Capone "Gang" Bege 138,000,000 West Blue Firetank Pirates
    10) "Pirate Hunter" Roronoa Zoro 120,000,000 East Blue Straw Hat Pirates
    11) "Mystery Monk" Urouge 108,000,000 Sky Islands Fallen Monk Pirates
    A myriad of new badass pirates revealed in the latest chapter. And I bet I'm not the only one thrilled with it. What is their role, Who will fight who, who is bad who is good? There is lot to discuss, so feel free to share your feelings, theories or just name your personal favorites. I guess making a common supernova thread might be quite useful for untill we have enough info for separate character/crew threads. Discuss away!

For little hint, I might suggest checking out Sahugani's Review for interesting origins fact based on the names of characters.

I myself find Law, Kid, Drake, and Killer very intresting. Kid is such a cool looking badass! Like a thinner version of Moria

Law is very mysterious, and looks so 'chill'. Also the fact he bears a sign similar to Doflamingos picks my interest.

Drake is also mysterious, and seems to have code of justice. I wonder if the 'X' comes from the scar or the fact he attempt to hide his identity?

And then there is very corny named Killer. But you must admit that masked persons always catch attention. Also he is the only one who isn't captain of his crew. Looks bit absurd, I mean he has assasin-like mask and attidude, but seems to wear clothes similar to Doflamingo Wonder if he is silent and mysterious killer, or silly and Toby-like killer D
    Last edited by Ustegius; April 26, 2008 at 04:07 PM.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Supernova Discussion

Imo, the most powerful (aside from Luffy) is probably Law, with Killer and Drake coming second. Interesting how only 2 out of the 11 come from the Grand Line, the rest are from the weaker seas. Apoo clearly has a 'sound' theme, I'm guessing Hawkins, Kidd and Apoo all have devil fruit abilities, whilst it seems Killer and Law are swordsmen, although Law seems to have some other ability as well, judging from his nickname. Capone is probably a marskman, whilst it'll be interesting to see how Urouge fights as hes from a Sky Island, expect a lot of dials?

All the designs are awesome IMO ..really looking forward to the new chapter
    Last edited by lelouch; April 28, 2008 at 09:21 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Anime Head 101's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 11 Supernovas

It's funny how Luffy has the second highest bounty due to the fact that he doesn't pick fights with civilians. To me that doesn't sit right Kid does damage to civilians and gets a higher bounty than someone who beat 2 of the 7 warlords of the sea and declared war againist the WG just to save a friend.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oblivion's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

well kid surely must have killed some really serious guys on his way. coz pure civilian damage wont bring him that high.

kid seems to me the right opponent, someone who is as mad and stupid as ruffy. about every of ruffy's opponent so far was someone serious, maybe this time it will be more mad/fun then serious.

i also think hawkings will have something to do with Mihawk, not only do they share 'hawk' but both have a cross and also look very grimm.
    Oblivion@Deviantart
    keep answers like mini skirts, short to keep it interesting, but enough to cover the subject!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Umbra Wolf's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure Scratch Apoo has the power of the devil; some sound or Dj fruit I would guess.
    When he wants to fight Kidd (with double d like the original pirate I think) he stands their like a DJ (imagine the turntables) ready to start some scratching and he wears headphones (or maybe special earmuffs). And don't forget; we're talking abou the "On Air" pirates.
    So I would interpret this character.

And Kidd must be a real monster. Ruffy hat to destroy one of the marine's most secure prison to get at the bounty level he is now. Kidd must have defeated and killed nearly anyone he've met to get such a high bounty.
    Last edited by Umbra Wolf; April 29, 2008 at 05:18 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping Law is a good guy, or a least will fall into the 'enemy made friend' cathegory. I like his design too much

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OP_overlord's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

when looking at the pictures a bunch of them have some type of edged weapon. so that means that Zoro will have to fight them. one cause luffy cant and two cause his pride wont let luffy fight another swordsman.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Anime Head 101's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    well kid surely must have killed some really serious guys on his way. coz pure civilian damage wont bring him that high.

kid seems to me the right opponent, someone who is as mad and stupid as ruffy. about every of ruffy's opponent so far was someone serious, maybe this time it will be more mad/fun then serious.

i also think hawkings will have something to do with Mihawk, not only do they share 'hawk' but both have a cross and also look very grimm.
    I know but that's the only reason why his is higher than luffy's

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra Wolf View Post
    I'm pretty sure Scratch Apoo has the power of the devil; some sound or Dj fruit I would guess.
    When he wants to fight Kidd (with double d like the original pirate I think) he stands their like a DJ (imagine the turntables) ready to start some scratching and he wears headphones (or maybe special earmuffs). And don't forget; we're talking abou the "On Air" pirates.
    So I would interpret this character.

And Kidd must be a real monster. Ruffy hat to destroy one of the marine's most secure prison to get at the bounty level he is now. Kidd must have defeated and killed nearly anyone he've met to get such a high bounty.
    don't every bad and strong guy in one piece have DF. I'm sure that all the other nine 100 million+ pirates have DF.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleheadedNinja View Post
    don't every bad and strong guy in one piece have DF. I'm sure that all the other nine 100 million+ pirates have DF.
    ALMOST every MAIN bad+strong guy has DF, not everyone. (i.e. from the start, Morgan, Kreig, Arlong. But yeah, most recent ones have). To note, Zoro doesnt have one so don't put your expectations on a DF heavy group of captains too high otherwise it just becomes the Crocodile or Enies Lobby arc again where Oda has to make tons of crappy devil fruits.

My predictions on the other 9 are in sahugani's review thread btw ^^

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bittman View Post
    ALMOST every MAIN bad+strong guy has DF, not everyone. (i.e. from the start, Morgan, Kreig, Arlong. But yeah, most recent ones have). To note, Zoro doesnt have one so don't put your expectations on a DF heavy group of captains too high otherwise it just becomes the Crocodile or Enies Lobby arc again where Oda has to make tons of crappy devil fruits.

My predictions on the other 9 are in sahugani's review thread btw ^^
    i just think DF is been overuse right now. it almost like you expect every strong guy to have one.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i just think DF is been overuse right now. it almost like you expect every strong guy to have one.
    well when we compare strong guys and weak guys .. there are way too many weak guys.. Though the CP9 are strong even without DF plus there Franky, Luffy's Grandpa, zoro, sanji, etc, etc ... and Black Beard's crew.. except Black Beard..

the present of these 11 Supernovas showed that the power of Navy/WG is weaken tremendously for not preventing these pirate crew from getting too powerful.. plus the threat of the emperors also..

And it looks like South Blue Kid pirates gonna be Strawhats new rival.. after all they have 2 member in the 11 like the strawhats crew..

Edit: these guys look more badass than that rnew recruited rockstar guy from redhaired pirates..
    Last edited by weixiaobao; April 29, 2008 at 10:00 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's my prediction for obvious rivalries/matchups, seeing as there are 9 strawhats and 9 other pirates.

Capone - Robin
    J bonney - nami/sanji
    Basil- zolo
    Kid - Luffy
    Scratchmen apoo- usopp
    Drake - sanji
    Urouge - franky
    Killer - brooke
    Law - Chopper

I'd find it hillarious if Sanji confronts Jewelry Bonney, and tries to win her over with his cooking, haha. I can see it now. She'd be eating everything up and probably wouldnt fight, lol.

I thought it was super cool that the monk turned out to be a skypian. His wings are huge, lol.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Umbra Wolf's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I've explained why I think that Apoo ate a DF. I won't start something like "OMG Kidd must have DF because he can't have killed so many people just with his little knife". Time will tell.

But indeed there were a lot of DFs in recent chapters so I too hope to see a lot of strong guys without the power of the devil; so I would expect from Drake and Killer for example.

But overusing DFs is quite dangerous indeed for Oda. But you can make something out of every DF. Look at Luffy: Man he's out of Rubber, what a lame fruit compared to e.g. Ace's on the first glance. But look what Oda made out of it (Gear 2 & 3). But the more you create the less you can eleborate on a single one which might have a lot of potential.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OP_overlord's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

first- off i hope that the skypian is a nice guy like his island mates. he seemed chill.
    second- i would love to see sanji cook against Bonney instead of fighting her (she needs just as much food as luffy does it would be easy for him i think)
    third- apoo could have a similar DF to kuma something with spinning blades of air.
    fourth- captin kid could be modled after Billy the Kid and instead of being very fast at shooting people he could throw his knives at people with crazy speed and accuracy.

in terms of fights with all the supernovas i just dont see it happening. some of them will fight each other. Oda doesnt want to have to many single easily called battles anymore he is working on combo moves. doc vs doc, sniper vs sniper woud be boring for him to do time and time again, the characters need to fight different people to get stronger (except for zoro)

if there where to be battle it would be this
    KID - usopp - scratchman apoo (yes i think that if usopp tried he could fight them both at the same time)
    Franky - Urouge
    Zoro and Brooke - Killer - LAW
    X Drake will not fight but will watch
    Bonny - Sanji
    Nami - Bege (he looks like the mafia guy and she can dodge bullets)
    Chopper - Hawkins (he will be able to see through his majic and stop him)
    Luffy will not fight he will be watching it all and pretending to be smart and studing them like X Drake but he wont be that much Robin will

i think that non of these fight will happen in full they will fight just to test each other out and then go on there own ways and get stronger.

New Reply
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast