Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Law or kidd all out duel

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • Law

135 61.93%
  • Kidd

83 38.07%
New Reply
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: The 11 Supernovae

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 11 Supernovae

How would you rank the Supernova by powerscaling? Do not include Luffy and Zoro, please.
    Since Kidd never showed anything impressive aside from that giant arm made of weapons of his, which we don't even know how powerful it is, I can't say he's the strongest of them.
    I'd say that X Drake is the strongest of them. He was a Rear Admiral before becoming a pirate, and we know that RA is one rank below Vice Admirals, which is very impressive. Second, he is pretty strong.
    Capone and Bonney has very cool abilities. Bonney can probably shoot beams like Hancock's and Foxy's, since she was sitting on a building when she affected the marines with her ability. As for Capone, I'd say that his ability works vice versa as well - I mean, that if things that come out out of his body restore its original size, so things that come at him, will become smaller. Things like punches, or weapons, so it's pretty much a good defence.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OunknownO's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

What is oda reason?

What do you think, why did oda put such a weak supernova. I'm talking about capone ofks. I just don't see it, even buggy can defeat him. Without his men he is just a short old man without any kind of power? Can somebody shed some light on this question

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is oda reason?

I think we have to wait for his reappearrance to judge him properly.. so /chill
    € however I agree his powers seem weak but as Croco said" I depends on how you train your df "

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

well i think some are underestimating his ability, of course he needs his men, but just think about over the things you can dowith that... he could let giants punch out of him, a skilled swordman could send some flying slashes, he can act to enemys from his back etc. its quite a strong ability if you uses that right

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Spaceman-Spiff's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Bounty is not the measure of someone's power, but someone's threat level to the government.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

So you think that his only use is having men inside his body?

Please tell me what his power is. If you can tell me exactly what his power is you either have a startling power of foresight or you're not seeing the big picture.

What is the big picture I hear you ask? Well, if he can make things go from small to big from inside to outside his body, what happens in the reverse scenario?

We've also never seen him physically attack, just leave it to his "sons". Not attacking is not the same as having a weak attack.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OunknownO View Post
    What do you think, why did oda put such a weak supernova. I'm talking about capone ofks. I just don't see it, even buggy can defeat him. Without his men he is just a short old man without any kind of power? Can somebody shed some light on this question
    Really??!??

Well from the factual knowledge we have "he" defeated a squad of Marines and was able to safely exit SA after the arrival of Kizaru. Not only that but really I think his power is quite strong actually. But know what? we have absolutely no Idea of what he's fully capable of. One way or the other he did enough to rise in the world of piracy to SN level, and is headed beyond.

Sure he looks like Al Capone, but seems like he's been around. There's more to being influential than simple brute force...

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the strawhats seem to have the smallest crew out of the other supernova crews. for sure hawkins and capone have bigger crews. i cant wait to see their crews introduced.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post
    Really??!??
    Well from the factual knowledge we have "he" defeated a squad of Marines and was able to safely exit SA after the arrival of Kizaru. Not only that but really I think his power is quite strong actually. But know what? we have absolutely no Idea of what he's fully capable of. One way or the other he did enough to rise in the world of piracy to SN level, and is headed beyond.
    Sure he looks like Al Capone, but seems like he's been around. There's more to being influential than simple brute force...
    Agreed.

If his powers are to change the size of things surrounding him He can reduce damages in such a great way. All bullets suddenly being like mosquitoes and same goes for cannons. It's a great tactical ability if you ask me.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i would assume we will not see the supernova for a while after law takes off.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Would be funny if Law's bounty raises after they confirm that Kizaru didn't hit him. Just that it's higher than Kidd's. If Luffy's also raises than Kidd would freak out for not taking action in the war

The panda-bears rocking all over the world!

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 663 Discussion / 664 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Please reread the manga before commenting again, you are missing (or ignored) very important story elements. Bounty does not reflect power levels. Bounty reflects known crimes committed, and that is all. At 8 years old a bounty of 79 million beri was placed on Robin's head. Before becoming Shichibukai Hancock had a bounty of 80 million beri's and Crocodile had an 81 million beri bounty. Does that mean that 8 year old Robin was about as strong as Crocodile and Hancock? Does that mean that Crocodile and Hancock were as weak as an 8 year old girl. No, of course not. It means that Robin's crime, learning the ancient language, was as serious as whatever accumulated crimes Crocodile and Hancock committed before becoming Shichibukai. The supernova's were never meant to be equal; Jewelery Bonney was never meant to be as strong as Law, Kidd, or Luffy. Stop using bounty as a measure of strength. One Piece does not work that way.
    I already know that. bounties don't mean strength,that's why I don't understand your point of regarding kidd as stronger than the others.Actually,apoo and kidd seemed to have a good fight. about manga prooves,here is the moment when chopper is astonished learning there's someone stronger than rufy http://www.mangareader.net/103-2605-...apter-498.html and shakky replies telling them that's kidd's bounty was just due to his slaughters http://www.mangareader.net/103-2605-...apter-498.html .anyway,I think that's not the right place to discuss about that,because we haven't enough infos yet. I hope the very next chapter will give us some details of those killed by Law.
    the only point I'd like to share with you about this: don't you think that the marines would have said "100 pirates over 100M" or "100 pirate captains" if they had been captains or with bounties over 100M anyway? I think that hints they weren't all so strong,but just a proof to advise the WG that Law could kill pirates for them.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda does not have to spell out that the 100 pirates were strong. Nitpicking about the exact amount of their bounties aside, logic dictates that the government would have been uimpressed had Law handed over a hodgepodge of high and low bounty pirates.

It is quite simple: Kid and his crew took a blast of Rayliegh's haki at the auction house and were still standing. That is no joke. He is at least comparable to Law and Luffy. Drake will also be quite powerful, we already know that he challenged a Yonko and is still alive, two years later. Kid has also challenged a Yonko and lived to tell. Both have been mentioned by name as having made a name for themselves in the New World. There should be know doubt both will be very important later on. Apoo, on the other hand, has already been chased off an island in the New World. By wild pigs. Not an auspicious start.

Otherwise we obviously know where Law stands. Hawkins brief post war appearance was impressive. Hard to say how strong he is but we know he can at least hold his own in the New World. Bonney was already defeated, the Capone Pirates appear to have been defeated. Killer will obviously be very strong, as part of Kid's crew. We obviously know where Zoro stands. The only Supernova who's strength is an unknown is Urouge. Not enough has been shown of him in the New World to predict success or failure.
    Last edited by Kaiten; April 13, 2012 at 04:37 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought that Bounties were a measure of strength. At least that's how Luffy sees it. As for Bege, we don't even know if he's still around. Remember what happened to his ship?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

you can see Bege in the picture at the bottom, so he should still be around. If bounty were a measure of strength, Nico Robin wouldn't have gotten a 79m bounty at 8.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/664/10
    My One Piece Predictions

Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast