Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Law or kidd all out duel

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • Law

135 61.93%
  • Kidd

83 38.07%
New Reply
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The 11 Supernovae

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member neomaster121's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 11 Supernovas

Quote Originally Posted by OP_overlord View Post
    first- off i hope that the skypian is a nice guy like his island mates. he seemed chill.
    second- i would love to see sanji cook against Bonney instead of fighting her (she needs just as much food as luffy does it would be easy for him i think)
    third- apoo could have a similar DF to kuma something with spinning blades of air.
    fourth- captin kid could be modled after Billy the Kid and instead of being very fast at shooting people he could throw his knives at people with crazy speed and accuracy.

in terms of fights with all the supernovas i just dont see it happening. some of them will fight each other. Oda doesnt want to have to many single easily called battles anymore he is working on combo moves. doc vs doc, sniper vs sniper woud be boring for him to do time and time again, the characters need to fight different people to get stronger (except for zoro)

if there where to be battle it would be this
    KID - usopp - scratchman apoo (yes i think that if usopp tried he could fight them both at the same time)
    Franky - Urouge
    Zoro and Brooke - Killer - LAW
    X Drake will not fight but will watch
    Bonny - Sanji
    Nami - Bege (he looks like the mafia guy and she can dodge bullets)
    Chopper - Hawkins (he will be able to see through his majic and stop him)
    Luffy will not fight he will be watching it all and pretending to be smart and studing them like X Drake but he wont be that much Robin will

i think that non of these fight will happen in full they will fight just to test each other out and then go on there own ways and get stronger.
    i liked everything you said until you got up to the match ups and i think you should delete them they make no sense ussop nami and chopper would not and could not in current state fight any 1 100mil+ and luffy watching/analiysing his crewmembers fights i don't think so. Ussop fighting the strongest guy Chopper fighting the second strongest person whos a swordsmen are you serious?

Be The Flame
    Not The Moth

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

first- off i hope that the skypian is a nice guy like his island mates. he seemed chill.
    second- i would love to see sanji cook against Bonney instead of fighting her (she needs just as much food as luffy does it would be easy for him i think)
    third- apoo could have a similar DF to kuma something with spinning blades of air.
    fourth- captin kid could be modled after Billy the Kid and instead of being very fast at shooting people he could throw his knives at people with crazy speed and accuracy.

in terms of fights with all the supernovas i just dont see it happening. some of them will fight each other. Oda doesnt want to have to many single easily called battles anymore he is working on combo moves. doc vs doc, sniper vs sniper woud be boring for him to do time and time again, the characters need to fight different people to get stronger (except for zoro)

if there where to be battle it would be this
    KID - usopp - scratchman apoo (yes i think that if usopp tried he could fight them both at the same time)
    Franky - Urouge
    Zoro and Brooke - Killer - LAW
    X Drake will not fight but will watch
    Bonny - Sanji
    Nami - Bege (he looks like the mafia guy and she can dodge bullets)
    Chopper - Hawkins (he will be able to see through his majic and stop him)
    Luffy will not fight he will be watching it all and pretending to be smart and studing them like X Drake but he wont be that much Robin will

i think that non of these fight will happen in full they will fight just to test each other out and then go on there own ways and get stronger.
    i hope you are been sarcastic on those matchups. usopp winning against kid and scratchman apoo. that is partically impossible.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

we don't know anything about kidd yet, he could earn that big bounty base just on terror of his crew, (unlikely though) that usopp is a match for kidd but it could be a possibility ..

Drake is interesting it seem that he didn't quit his habit as a Navy officer, maybe he know some dirty secret of the WG and therefore quit the Navy and follow his own justice..
    Last edited by weixiaobao; May 01, 2008 at 03:00 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OP_overlord's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

you guys have no faith in the crew members

luffy watching was going to be a comedy thing, robin was going to be all impressed with his analitical ability and think about how he would fight these guys but he would be doing something dumb and luffy like, and then she would hit him... it made sence in my head. X drake would be doing the real scouting maybe he is friends with smoker (pride in thier own personal sense of justice)

now usopp i think has skills, he uses his mind he plans out moves and he knows what hes got and how to use it (dials, and sharp shooting abilities) remember his fight with luffy he can take a serious beating and still fight if he wants too. also his running away really seems to work to his advantage, he figures out there moves, doesnt get hit and piss the shit out of them. all pluses if you use them right. it would but doesnt have to be a three way fight i just think ODA would get bored of some many one on one fights. now if KID is really a knive thrower like i think (highly impossible) then usopp could put that aspect of his skills to the test and have an advantage becuase of his dial use, imagine pellets hitting daggers in the air and chaging there direction away from him. now if he fights Apoo one on one instead then he could use his dials and sniping freely.

Hawkins doesnt have to be a swordsman, there are to many supernovas that use an edged weapon, ODA woundnt like that. if he does indeed fight with trickary, and deception like a ninja, slide of hand and what not then choppers brain point would be just the thing to beat it, right?

the whole nami thing was cause i just dont see bege fighting he looks like the mafia and they have guns, guns shoot people, but if the person uses a mirage-tact and sneeks up behind them and hits them on the head a few times she could hypotheticaly win.

Also they say nothing about KID being the strongest just has the highest bounty, you would never have thought it possible for someone with no bounty to beat a person with a 30 million beri bounty and then a person with a former bounty of 160, and then another schibukia with a bounty over 300 million, so it is not impossible for usopp to make the same jump. and he has alot of skill mentaly, i mean when they fought arlong he was the same person no DF, scared,... what has changed? not much he has a new bigger sling shot, a few dials, a cape, and most importantly a goal. if he thinks that beating any one of these guys will help him reach his goal then he will win.

remember I doubted that any/all fights would happen, just sparing to see skill levels, and gather info on eachother as rivals.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

you guys have no faith in the crew members

luffy watching was going to be a comedy thing, robin was going to be all impressed with his analitical ability and think about how he would fight these guys but he would be doing something dumb and luffy like, and then she would hit him... it made sence in my head. X drake would be doing the real scouting maybe he is friends with smoker (pride in thier own personal sense of justice)

now usopp i think has skills, he uses his mind he plans out moves and he knows what hes got and how to use it (dials, and sharp shooting abilities) remember his fight with luffy he can take a serious beating and still fight if he wants too. also his running away really seems to work to his advantage, he figures out there moves, doesnt get hit and piss the shit out of them. all pluses if you use them right. it would but doesnt have to be a three way fight i just think ODA would get bored of some many one on one fights. now if KID is really a knive thrower like i think (highly impossible) then usopp could put that aspect of his skills to the test and have an advantage becuase of his dial use, imagine pellets hitting daggers in the air and chaging there direction away from him. now if he fights Apoo one on one instead then he could use his dials and sniping freely.

Hawkins doesnt have to be a swordsman, there are to many supernovas that use an edged weapon, ODA woundnt like that. if he does indeed fight with trickary, and deception like a ninja, slide of hand and what not then choppers brain point would be just the thing to beat it, right?

the whole nami thing was cause i just dont see bege fighting he looks like the mafia and they have guns, guns shoot people, but if the person uses a mirage-tact and sneeks up behind them and hits them on the head a few times she could hypotheticaly win.

Also they say nothing about KID being the strongest just has the highest bounty, you would never have thought it possible for someone with no bounty to beat a person with a 30 million beri bounty and then a person with a former bounty of 160, and then another schibukia with a bounty over 300 million, so it is not impossible for usopp to make the same jump. and he has alot of skill mentaly, i mean when they fought arlong he was the same person no DF, scared,... what has changed? not much he has a new bigger sling shot, a few dials, a cape, and most importantly a goal. if he thinks that beating any one of these guys will help him reach his goal then he will win.

remember I doubted that any/all fights would happen, just sparing to see skill levels, and gather info on eachother as rivals.
    OMG you are serious. what your saying makes no bluddy sense. Ussop is one weak f..ker hes the weakest of the whole crew and will always be the weakest as said by ODA himself. We know nothing about kid and the others to assume that hes weaker than a 30mil berry pirate but due to his crew hes highly ranked with a bounty. Kid wouldn't have even made it that far it was the case common sense.

With chopper your logic is flawed. Even the smartests of people are tricked by illusions so just because chopper has brain point doesn't mean he would see through him and haven't you noticed no rumble ball since he went monster point. Hmm i wonder why

you must be a chopper ussop fan boy to be saying such rubbish

Be The Flame
    Not The Moth

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Luckas's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear OP posters recently I'm seeing way too much rude posts, so I decide to remind to all of you that here at MH there is an anti-bashing rule, so not anymore rude posts or worse. ~ Luckas

Unconsciousness is my destiny, my joy but also my desperation.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if there was to be fighting I definitely don't think Usopp vs. Kid and Apoo. Neither one actually. Dial vs. dial battle between Urouge and Usopp perhaps? Maybe not very likely, but there is a small chance that Urouge uses dial to fight, being from Sky islands and all.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

You know with the matchups you guys are forgetting one very important thing. These guys aren't just high bounties they're representaitives of eight different crews that happen to be over 100 million. It's quite possible that they each have several subordinates not introduced in the 25-50 million mark and one or two in the 50-100 million. The only real hint that suggests the Strawhats will be fighting one of the crews based on bounties is that Kidd's has two 100 million plus just like the Strawhats do.

Otherwise there isn't really enough information on them to suggest possible matchups and abilities though I would love to see Sanji try and satify the glutton's appetite. I could see her doing a davy back fight to claim Sanji as her new chef and having an eating contest with Luffy.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I tthink that if sanji can feed luffy, he can feed anything.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I kinda begin to see this as a race to One Piece.. and everybody gonna play dirty ^^

Though the 4 emperors gonna be piss to have to deal with these newcomers who don't know their places..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Reenie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

if one engineer can be 100 times stronger than the rookies, I don't really see how any of the four emperors has cause to worry ><

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OP_overlord's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

cause those guys are old, and not as stupid as the rookies. and i think that the 100 times was an exaggeration.

just to clarify chopper is one of my least favortie characters, and the lack of rumble balls is probably becuase they have not faught anyone since then (i hope he is making a new type)
    usopp i dont have any emotions toward he is just underated, and your right i ment urouge not apoo thanks ORGANIZIZED. and the main reason for the matchups where because and i might be along in this but i think ODA could be getting bored of doing the same fighting system. all the guys breaking off to fight one on one battles whilst luffy clears all the weaker guys and then takes on the main villian of the arc by himself, i was just thinking about stiring things up a bit.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by neomaster121 View Post
    Ussop is one weak f..ker hes the weakest of the whole crew and will always be the weakest as said by ODA himself.
    I'd like to know where you got that from... I strongly doubt that Oda has said something like that.

But in a way, I agree with OP_overlord. Usopp might still be from the weaker end of Strawhats, but I think (from the reasons mentioned by OP_overlord) has heck of a lot potential to grow. Usopp has been one of my favorites from the beginning, funny and very likeable. I hink it is very likely he will come a great warrior of the sea, a real big shot. MAybe some day he'll even have his own 3,000 man crew. And just recently he had his "I am a burden to my nakama" and "I'm so weak" angst-moment. Traditionally in shonen manga that means incoming intense training and overcoming weaknessess, coming strong.
    Well, not be too off topic, I must say that I bet that Usopp will beat someone of the Supernova, sooner or later.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Highseas7's Avatar
    Country
    Guatemala
    Post Thanks / Like

well i feel with OP-overload usopp is weak, doesnt stand out much from the crew, he probblay be the first one to be bloodied up but the strawhats crew is only as strong as their weakest link and if usopp is that link then the strawhat crew is a force to be reckonened with
    HIGH SEAS 7!!!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    I'd like to know where you got that from... I strongly doubt that Oda has said something like that.

But in a way, I agree with OP_overlord. Usopp might still be from the weaker end of Strawhats, but I think (from the reasons mentioned by OP_overlord) has heck of a lot potential to grow. Usopp has been one of my favorites from the beginning, funny and very likeable. I hink it is very likely he will come a great warrior of the sea, a real big shot. MAybe some day he'll even have his own 3,000 man crew. And just recently he had his "I am a burden to my nakama" and "I'm so weak" angst-moment. Traditionally in shonen manga that means incoming intense training and overcoming weaknessess, coming strong.
    Well, not be too off topic, I must say that I bet that Usopp will beat someone of the Supernova, sooner or later.
    he said it on a SBS

and the guy who said these captains could have crews of millions are you serious or what millions of pirates in mutiple crews thats mad?

don't mean to be rude

Be The Flame
    Not The Moth

New Reply
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast