Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Law or kidd all out duel

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • Law

135 61.93%
  • Kidd

83 38.07%
New Reply
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: The 11 Supernovae

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 11 Supernovae

Quote Originally Posted by rosco12 View Post
    you can see Bege in the picture at the bottom, so he should still be around. If bounty were a measure of strength, Nico Robin wouldn't have gotten a 79m bounty at 8.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/664/10
    She was given a false reason for the bounty. After the Enies Lobby arc, her threat became more genuine.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    She was given a false reason for the bounty. After the Enies Lobby arc, her threat became more genuine.
    Wrong. She was given the bounty because she was the sole survivor of Oharas Poneglyph-reading archaelogists. The public was given a wrong reason (the destroyed battleships that were Sauls doing).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What I want to know is, if Law has grown this much since the last time we saw him, just how powerful do you think Kidd is?

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is in it with the exception of Luffy, Zoro, and Killer. Even Bonney, whom we know was captured, is pictured. All are depicted as they appear pre-time skip, I'm not sure how meaningful it is that Bege and Bonney are there.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we can asume all of them are in the game still anyways, in a way or another. Atleast surviving. In addition to that panel there was also a poster drawn by Oda of The Supernovae 2 years after, and Bege and Bonney seemed just fine. Sure, it is just a poster and possibly not canon even if it is by Oda, but I doubt he would have bothered to design timeskip Bege if he were never to use that character again. Though, it's not like Bege design drastically changed.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    I think we can asume all of them are in the game still anyways, in a way or another. Atleast surviving. In addition to that panel there was also a poster drawn by Oda of The Supernovae 2 years after, and Bege and Bonney seemed just fine. Sure, it is just a poster and possibly not canon even if it is by Oda, but I doubt he would have bothered to design timeskip Bege if he were never to use that character again. Though, it's not like Bege design drastically changed.
    Yeah, well, if Bege was able to survive that experience with whatever that was and Bonney managed to escape Akainu, they must be as tough as Luffy.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Blue Walk's Avatar
    Country
    Panama
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Oda does not have to spell out that the 100 pirates were strong. Nitpicking about the exact amount of their bounties aside, logic dictates that the government would have been uimpressed had Law handed over a hodgepodge of high and low bounty pirates.

It is quite simple: Kid and his crew took a blast of Rayliegh's haki at the auction house and were still standing. That is no joke. He is at least comparable to Law and Luffy. Drake will also be quite powerful, we already know that he challenged a Yonko and is still alive, two years later. Kid has also challenged a Yonko and lived to tell. Both have been mentioned by name as having made a name for themselves in the New World. There should be know doubt both will be very important later on. Apoo, on the other hand, has already been chased off an island in the New World. By wild pigs. Not an auspicious start.

Otherwise we obviously know where Law stands. Hawkins brief post war appearance was impressive. Hard to say how strong he is but we know he can at least hold his own in the New World. Bonney was already defeated, the Capone Pirates appear to have been defeated. Killer will obviously be very strong, as part of Kid's crew. We obviously know where Zoro stands. The only Supernova who's strength is an unknown is Urouge. Not enough has been shown of him in the New World to predict success or failure.

Speaking of Urouge, i was trying to find him in that panel where Brownbeard discusses the "worst generation", but apparently he's not in it :/ Guess Blackbeard took his spot lol. But i'm sure Urouge isn't there on purpose, with his troll face and all.

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Walk View Post
    Speaking of Urouge, i was trying to find him in that panel where Brownbeard discusses the "worst generation", but apparently he's not in it :/ Guess Blackbeard took his spot lol. But i'm sure Urouge isn't there on purpose, with his troll face and all.
    I don't think that's the case at all, Blackbeard and Urouge are on a different levels; one is a yonkou and the other is a NW pirate captain and Supernova. I think he's still a strong pirate captain but maybe the others mentioned by Brownbeard have moved away from him(and others not mentioned) in terms of strength and notoriety.

New Reply
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20