Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Sorcery in DGM

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member TitaniumChloride's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorcery in DGM

I'm just curious about this, but the 'forbidden' sorcery in DGM is kind of interesting, even if it only has a small part.

The only definate demonstrations of sorcery so far, I think, are:
    Therefore, confirmed forbidden sorcery users are: The Millenium Earl, Marian Cross, and the Skulls.

At first I also thought Kanda's curse was one of these kinds of spells but there are some differences between the On symbol used by Cross and Kanda's tatoo so I'm not sure. Kanda's tatoo was mentioned to be some form of Sanskrit or it was the Jewish Sun symbol (it was discussed here) but I think the symbols Cross is using are made up by the mangaka (some made with reference in mind?). So what kind of power would be able to give Kanda that kind of control over his own life and death?

Also, Allen's scar might have been a result of some form of sorcery. I mean, how can just a scratch do such wierd things to an eye? Even if it did come from an Akuma. Could Mana have known sorcery too?
    Last edited by TitaniumChloride; April 30, 2008 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Change of some facts

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sorcery in DGM

There is no Jewish sun symbol. At least, not that I know of. And I'm a Jew, so I think I would know. Besides, Sanskrit is more the type of thing to be referenced in a manga.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member luna_wolf's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Green Grin Re: Sorcery in DGM

ive had alot of questions about that to, but when cross or the skulls used "sorcery" no one seemed to be incredably shocked that they were using some kind of "magic" mabe it will explaind..maybe not.
    can you imagin allen as a wizard? >.<
    snitch=timcampy

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Bak can also use sorcery, if you remember when he battled the level 3 and it is the earl's main form of combat. But I thought they would have explained it more up to now but it looks like it won’t play that much of a big part in the future

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Darklight0303's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

It is kinda restricted to the Asia HQ alone so i doubt they are going to develop that any further

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

The Ancient Magic in DGM, it kinda restrict to a few things...

Firstly, Earl ability of Magic, as seen to wipe out Edo, was extremely powerful, it seems he could produce this magic from the tip of his fingers to the tip of Lero...

Earl magic seems to be the stronger since it doesn't require Earl to do anything except cast it...which makes it the strongest Ancient Magic seen in the anime....

Secondly, Marian Cross ability of Magic, Seems to exist only with his hands, chanting and his mask, It seems Cross only has a limited amount of Magic since the only time he really used it was to stop the egg, Summon Maria and converting Akuma, This meanings Marian Cross Ancient Magic is the oppsite of the Earls which still remain unsolve on how he obtain it...

Thirdly, Bak Ability of Magic, Exist in his blood, From Bak explaination, it seem only Bak Family or his blood line has the ability and ONLY with HIS blood and the symbol then he could use the ancient magic...however his Magic is linked to the Guardian, Fue somehow and although it might be a little weak, but i think his ability can only control nature around a certain radius...

However, there is two theorys which magic is also involved in,
    Firstly, Kanda's Tatoo, my theory is that there is some magic existing in it...

secondly Skulls, although I doubt it is really Magic, but they can turn people they want into their own kind, so it something like transformation magic??

New Reply