Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: How many more French Opens do you think Nadal will get before he retires?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll

1 33.33%

0 0%

1 33.33%
  • More

1 33.33%
New Reply
Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tennis Thread- Wimbledon (23/06-06/07)

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Tennis Thread

The winner wouldn't differ but the results would. Anyway, Wimbledon next, some weeks of rehab and then we're ready to go!
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I cant wait for Wimbledon season!! I'm expecting big thing from Andy Murray; seeing as he go really close last year.

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

andy murray really had a hard time during french , though i was expecting more from him .
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Well they all(except for Nadal) really didn't have it easy and sometimes struggled to win. Murray should have lost in the 1st round if Gasquet had been a smarter player; he threw away a 2 set lead.

Queens started today, the top seeds are in action tomorrow and Wednesday.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never imagined that I would read this when I check sports news, "Hewitt upsets Federer, wins Wimbledon warmup". I didn't see the match but it was shocker for me. Grass is Federer's favorite surface and he lost to Hewitt. This does not go well for both Federer and Nadal, losing on Grass before Wimbledon.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; June 14, 2010 at 09:36 AM.

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe Federer lost to Hewitt, I would have quite comfortably bet my house on that match for Fed to win, good thing I didn't. I didn't quite expect an all-american queens final though and thought Mardy Fish would win since he had the tougher run thorugh the tournament but congrats to Sam Querry.

Now roll on Wimbledon!!!

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont want to judge any one but federer is getting a little too comfortable in his games , i mean he keeps offering stupid points , and that isnt good .
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it me or has he lost a bit of that "edge" about his game that made players fear him? maybe it's age or something.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I talk from experience now...it's really hard to maintain the same playing level in tennis...UR movements change(physical condition, age, mental state)therefore UR play suffers...Federer always had problems with his backhand, but the rest if his moves are customized as well(I mean he employs a a different hitting approach for each ball)...but his backhand suffers from this the most...so after some time these moves get deformed even more...so that's why Fed is slowly losing his edge
    I know Federer since the first Master Series tournament, and from then he changed his style through the years...

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Rafael Nadal won his second Wimbledon title with a victory over Tomas Berdych. I imagined it would be a tough match. Berdych, had the game to beat him. But Nadal was brilliant. He has improved so much on Grass. The commentators, one was Vijay Amritraj and the second I cant recall, were talking about how never before in Tennis history (men and women) a player is so favored to win both at Roland Garos and Wimbledon. Not even Bjorn Borg, Sampras or anyone else was so favored, on surfaces that are so contradicting to each other. The level of Tennis was brilliant over the course of the tournament.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Nadal really improved very well on grass his movements were smooth , he had no trouble winning over Berdych .

Steven Hyde

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

The Men's game is realy opening up with the breakthrough players such as Berdych from a few years ago starting to show some consistancy in their perfomances.

Congrats to Nadal and Serena as well for winning her 4th Wimbledon and 13th Grand Slam putting her 6th on the all time list. I hope she gets close to Stefie Graf's 24 before she retires. Realistically she could win another 5 imo.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

The game has definitely opening up as compared to few years ago. Nadal was first one to come and trouble Federer. Then we see players like Djokovic, Del Potro and Murray showing up on men tennis. Personally, I like to see competitions as it was in days of Sampras. Agassi, Rafter, Tod Martin, Rios, Kuerten, Jim, etc...The competition however was mediocre over last few years. Players like Hewitt and Roddick were there but they lacked in some departments. For example, Hewitt had defensive game and not aggressive. Andy had huge serve and forehand but his backhand and volley were mediocre at best.

Berdych never delivered as he was expected to deliver few years back. He had all the weapons, big serve, huge forehand and backhand, and he can volley as well. I hope the final was just a stepping stone for his future progress.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I really do not like Federer's playful demeanor in most of his matches. It's kind of like acting cocky in front of your opponents.

I really prefer the serious players such as Nadal and Djokovic.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steelwingcrash1 View Post
    I really do not like Federer's playful demeanor in most of his matches. It's kind of like acting cocky in front of your opponents.

I really prefer the serious players such as Nadal and Djokovic.
    Playful demeanor...I think most people would call that style and grace...because he is always very calm and his play style allows him to transmit the feeling that he is hardly hitting the ball, unlike aggressive players like Nadal...

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast