Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tennis Thread

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Tennis Thread

Looks like federe is back for his 100th Final

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If he wins then thats winning 70% of 100 finals, impressive stat
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Still, this year belongs to Djokovic, even though it seems he was satisfied a lot after winning the US open that he did not feel like doing more. For me at least he gave out that kind of vibe. I personally am a Federer fan, his games are always entertaining to watch, the ones with most technique and still even slower he makes such fantastic moves. The true test is next years Australian Open, of course that is really near so I suspect a change of form for the players will not happen it will be nice to see Federer reach the final there.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Nadal and Djokovic carry this pathetic form into next year then it'd be interesting...Djokers level actually dipped after the french. But everyone,especially nadal, has been so intimidated by him it didn't really matter. I'm not saying he played bad, but he wasn't showing the unbeatable god form of the pre wimbledon season. Remember how many bagles and 6-1s he handed out per tournament? It's been an amazing year...and i'd hate for it to just be ONE year and then the wheels come off in 2012, hope he makes the most of his off season.

That said, a tsonga win here wouldn't surprise me.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Federer is just The best of The history, he was The only one this year to beat Djokovic in his real prime time, and still cannot understand how he lost while winning by 2 sets, with 2 match points and with his serve ... Djokovic came back in what considered by federer himself as One of the greatest losses in his career.
    His playing style is perfect and as a person he's the kindest man on earth, I'm only saying this because in Spain (Marca, Tve ...) they always praise Nadal saying that with his achievements and his age he'll become the best of The history, they do not say it like that but you can read between the lines.
    But look at him, he got demotivated ... Djokovic ate his morale (don't know if I did express myself well ... Cuz it's a Spanish expression), and now he is pathetic ... And I am (right now I guess I would rather use the past so instead of am I should use was) a Nadal fan

In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Djokovic did a number on him, that 4th set of the USO....he put so much effort into winning the 3rd and then loses the 4th 1-6. Fed is getting old is all though haha...well not getting...he is pretty old at this point (in tennis years).

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed in tennis year he's pretty old ... But for moments like 1/2 Roland Garros against Djokovic I want him to stay forever.

Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

He's old but he can still school a lot of the players out on tour right now. The thing is he just doesn't have that fear factor(?) that he had at the height of his success during 2003-2007/8, when he could basically win a tennis match before getting on court. His game percentage was incredible; he'd very rarely lose throughout the season; I remember this clearly because whenever he was knocked out of a tournament it'd appear as Breaking News on our sports channel in the UK.

It was amazing to witness him win the ATP World Tours title again this year, not a great as last year but still very good. Damn shame I missed his match against Nadal, I heard it was a spectacular masterclass by him.

Looking forward to 2012; it's gonna be a very good year. I hope Tsonga keeps improving and challenges the top four; very difficult but I think he can do it, he really needs to improve his movement on the court though.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, but take out 08 lol, 08 was BAD, he won the USO but he lost to some players like karlovic etc that he shouldn't have been losing to lol. The match against nadal is on YT...it was an hour long xD;;

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    I agree, but take out 08 lol, 08 was BAD, he won the USO but he lost to some players like karlovic etc that he shouldn't have been losing to lol. The match against nadal is on YT...it was an hour long xD;;
    Hahaha yeah forgot about that one....

Was it just an hour?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah lol...the first set was quick, and the second was a bagel...feddie was in the zone that day lol.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a Top Spin 4 version of their match; gonna watch both!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rudorofu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone been following the Australian Open? o: It's always painful for me to watch Federer lose even when he's playing some of his best tennis in comparison to the performances from last season. On another note, I'm glad Sharapova is back and stronger especially from her shoulder surgery (:

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Federer has problems with Nadal, Nadal has problems with Djokovic, Djokovic has problems with Federer and Murray has a lot of problems.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rudorofu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lagoon View Post
    Federer has problems with Nadal, Nadal has problems with Djokovic, Djokovic has problems with Federer and Murray has a lot of problems.
    LOL. So true XD The game of Nadal just doesn't suit Federer :\ Djokovic and Federer matches are probably my favourites because they're entertaining with tons of professionalism added. Murray, I've never really been a big fan of, but I think we've all realized he still has some work to be done in order to overcome the top 3 and win a Grand Slam somewhere down the road. There just has to be somebody who doesn't have problems at all to overcome all 4. I'm just rooting for some other lower ranked people to start the new generation of top players :P

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast