Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: How many more French Opens do you think Nadal will get before he retires?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll

1 33.33%

0 0%

1 33.33%
  • More

1 33.33%
New Reply
Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tennis Thread- Wimbledon (23/06-06/07)

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Tennis Thread

I expected Fed to lose...but my god nadal. He was fresh as a daisy going in, while djoker had to play Murray and Ferrer who looked poised to try and break his legs...and with all of that he still could have won it in 3 or 4...djoker has beaten rafa SEVEN times and in THREE straight slam finals. Rafa owns fed but he never had 7 straight wins...or lost 3 straight slam finals in a row. Nole could win the calendar slam tbh.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

I really thought Nadal had this match as Djokovic was going into with some fatigue after his 5hour match against Murray; but what a champion to come out again in the final and play like that. In the fourth set he looked like he was running on fumes but suddenly he looked like the old Djoker.
    I really feel for Nadal, as you said Atobe he never did anything like this to Federer and it's now has a deeper psychological effect on him I believe. It's gotten to a stage for him where he knows he'll get to the final of a major tournament but knows that if he comes up against Djokovic he'll lose.

I very much see Djokovic winning the next Grand Slam which is Roland Garros; a shocking thing to say considering Nadal's continuous domination on the surface but at this moment Novak seems like he could do it all.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rudorofu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I've never actually watched any matches during the French Open :\ Not too sure why, but it might be because Nadal has dominated majority of the time so there wouldn't be anything surprising. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the 2012 season will go, following the top 3 along with some of the brave newcomers. I think the era of Nadal and Federer is slowly coming to an end leaving for more possibilities of new, younger players coming into the top 10. Even though I do enjoy watching Federer, it would be nice to see a change within the rankings and newer players dominating the Grand Slam draws causing upsets along the way. Djokovic is still relatively young so he'll be around for a while.

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Djokovic, Nadal and Murray are all more or less the same age. The difference is Nadal plays such a physically aggressive game and has been doing so for so many years that it's taking a toll on his body much faster than the other players. He burns out faster and has a higher risk of injury; hence the blisters, knee injuries and such.

You should try and watch the French Open when you can, Clay Court matches are such physically gruelling matches and it's when you really see the Spaniards and South Americans, as well as french players shine.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rudorofu View Post
    LOL. So true XD The game of Nadal just doesn't suit Federer :\ Djokovic and Federer matches are probably my favourites because they're entertaining with tons of professionalism added. Murray, I've never really been a big fan of, but I think we've all realized he still has some work to be done in order to overcome the top 3 and win a Grand Slam somewhere down the road. There just has to be somebody who doesn't have problems at all to overcome all 4. I'm just rooting for some other lower ranked people to start the new generation of top players :P
    Me too, I really like the Current Djokovic vs Federer's matches, as you said, professionalism ... they play like angels, and still can't believe how federer lost against Djokovic in the USO O_O, that was an epic match. XD

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Nadal may be the same age but he's got the legs of a 30 year old. Federer gets flack for his mental toughness but he bounces back from losses quite quick. After his USO loss he was 24-0, he beat Hewitt and Tomic in davis cup. Then won basel,paris, world tour finals, and had a great shot at doha. And he was completely untroubled in the Aussie open until nadal. if the stars align roger will win a major with ease tbh haha. The same thing happened at the US, he beat everyone handily and should have beaten Djoker in straights. Old man fed has still got it.

Man murray...really impressed me, his new coach lendl is doing wonders for him. His on court demeanor is much better he took it to djoker and probably has a better chance of beating him than nadal at this point. I agree with goldb, claycourt matches are really cool lol, my favorite slam was actually the french. Federer beat djoker because if he didnt djoker would have a calendar slam right now. his most convincing wins against nadal were actually on the dirt last year.

Also agree that im loving the newcomers but i felt like this aussie open was like "ONE THOUSAND YEARS TO EARLY!!!!" Federer crushed tomics dreams, Murray sent nishikori packing, and Hewitt edged Raonic...the old guys still got it in them haha.

This will be an interesting year, the scary thing...djoker isnt even playing as well as he was last year....

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    This will be an interesting year, the scary thing...djoker isnt even playing as well as he was last year....
    That's the scariest thing; I believe Murray should've beaten him in the semis and beyond that Nadal should've won in 4 but somehow he's coming through these matches. It's not good news for his rivals and those wanting to best him.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually feel he should have won the nadal match in 3 or 4. he was this close to winning the the first set. The second was tight, dominated the third. And had a 0-40 lead in the 4th and a 5-3 in the breaker. Nadal blowing the 5th was a surprise but thats how in his head djoker is.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I think everyone is still focused on the football but...Nadal...Wow. What happened there...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

cya rafa. great epic fail. first time i see him loose so early in grand slam

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He actually always has some tight first rounds early in wimbledon...but this time he didn't get through it.

Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Murray has an open route to the final. Now knowing him he may not use it. I do not think it is sealed for Djokovic, I think Federer might shine once more, grass is his thing! Come on!

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Murray....Murray. No the british media will put even MORE pressure on him. There was an article on the ATP site about Nadal being in Murrays way at wimbledon in 08,2010,and 2011. When Nadal got knocked out the french it put more pressure on federer because it's like "holy crap everyone expects me to win". Murray probably feels that too.

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

So Andy Murray finally reaches a Wimbledon final and faces Federer who is in great form in this tournament. It's gonna be a really open match I believe and both players have a real chance at winning it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

17 Baby~
    Gutted for Murray but he has what it takes.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast