Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tennis Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Tennis Thread

I had actually thought that Berdych would've been the next one to break through at a Major, but he always seems to run into Djokovic.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Djoker,Nadal seem to mostly routine him at slams. Murray beat him at the USO iirc but that was a windy day and he couldn't handle it. He's been on a Tear this year though.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Murray is through to the semis in straight sets. Berdych is playing Gasquet now and Gasquet won the first set 6-3. Not looking good.

Regarding that, they've all seemingly had the chance to break into that major group and top tier; Berdych, Tsonga, Gasquet, Ferrer, Del Potro( closest and grand slam winner) but through a mix of injuries and performance inconsistencies.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hah Gasquet handles berdych..derailing my plans...I hope Gasquet or Haas wins it ;-;

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaaand in comes Murray to snatch it away from everyone lol. I actually watched some of the match yesterday. With Ferrer taking the first set, I thought it would've been tough for him to hold on but still betted that he'd come through. Murray really stuck to his guns and the proved the fitter of the 2. Gutted for Ferrer but this was a good opportunity for Murray, as the previous top 3 were all out or didn't participate in the event. So getting this gives him a boost going into the next Masters and French Open.

Next up events-wise, we've got the Davis Cup Quarter-finals from 5th April, 2 ATP 250 events and then Monte-Carlo Masters on 15th April. I think that's my next big event, as I don't usually follow the Davis Cup.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dislike davis cup...so skewed . Some countries like serbia only have 2-3 good players. SUI only has Federer and Wawrinka and sometimes federer doesnt even play. Spain has so many good players they can not have Nadal or Ferrer and still do well lol.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, from the very few matches I've seen over the years, Wawrinka is more active than Federer. The top players( top 4 mainly) aren't often featured. I know Nadal plays quite often though.

Oh have you guys read about Murray signing his new management deal and now it ties in with this IPL-type event? I'd heard about it a very long time back but it seems to have come up again recently with this new deal.

---------- Post added April 14, 2013 at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was April 06, 2013 at 10:05 PM ----------

Monte Carlo Masters begins today(14th April) until 21st April. Djokovic, Murray and Nadal will all be there and Federer is not featuring; I don't think he plays this one very much. Nadal will be aiming to lift the trophy for a 9th successive time. Are we betting against him?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

You're right, Bob. I don't recall the last time Fed played at Monte Carlo.

Even two years ago, Djokovic couldn't win here. He beat Nadal in the next two clay Masters, but not this one.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I thought so, because I was trying to think back to previous years and couldn't remember his participation. I recall that; Nadal won on the back of seven straight defeats to Djokovic or something like that.

I'm going to go for Nadal in this tournament, if only marginally. He's got the upper hand experience of winning this tournament and is on the back of quite a few successes, but always Djokovic will not be letting this go without a massive fight.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Djoker skipped Monte Carlo in 2011, which is incidentally the last time Federer played it iirc (losing to Melzer!). Its not mandatory i believe. Djoker struggling all week and then puts on a good match today. How about Grigor Dimitrov though...6-2 in the second set over Nadal at Monte Carlo of all places lol.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I really thought Djoko would lose his opening match after conceding the first set and not playing particularly well in that( from what little I saw), but he came through it. We've lost Berdych, Gasquet, Murray and Del Potro; all in straight sets if I recall.

Oh wow, I didn't see Nadal's results! I knew he won but 2-6? jeez....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol that's like...the 7th set Nadal has lost at monte carlo since 05..ridiculous. Djoker rolled his ankle during davis cup and i think it's sort of bothering him. Nadal Tsonga should hopefully be good tomorrow haha

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Only 7 in years? That's nothing short of incredile.

That is the semis highlight. I expect Djokovic to have an easier time with his match againt Fognini.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahahhahahha. The CC season, and the french open just got really interesting....Djoker beat Nadal on clay for the 3rd time..and this time at Monte Carlo aka Nadals marquee event. That's a huge psychological blow, and a boost for Djokovic since the last time they played he lost.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

A big win for Djoker over Nadal in the Finals of Monte Carlo. 6-2 7-6 (1).

New Reply
Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast