Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tennis Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member rtyd1's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The Tennis Thread

Just noticed we dont have a thread for tennis so i decided to create one, i hope some people post on this unlike the snooker one.
    The Rome masters has started,
    Draw here http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/T...08/416/mds.pdf
    Live scores here http://tennis.com/livescores/index.aspx

I'm backing Federer to win this won since Nadal is going to be tired after playing Monte Carlo and Barca back to back. For a dark horse winner id go for David Ferrer who took Nadal to 3 sets in Barca and should have taken hime to 3 in Monte Carlo

None of my predictions have come true and Novak Djokovic and Stanislas Wawrinka (the swiss number two and as of now the world number 10) in the final which means Rome will have a first time champion.
    If you have been watching Rome and know of all the retirements going on during the week then feel free to diccus the hectic ATP schedule and predict who will be the first to retire in the final, my guess in on Djokovic due to all his high profile retirements over the past two years

No one quit in the final and Djokovic took the match 4-6 6-3 6-3 to win his tenth career title and his third this year.
    Come on someone make a post so i dont have to talk to myself
    Last edited by rtyd1; May 11, 2008 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member SoulReaporKoul's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Tennis Thread

Now you're not talking to yourself .

I would have thought that with PoT's popularity it would have made more people start getting into Tennis, guess I was wrong.

Anyway, I'm kinda pissed that Novak won, actually, I mean it's quite an accomplishment to win 4 ATP Masters Series (but still behind Federer by like 10 I think?) at his age, but I just don't like that guy (partly because he achieved so much with being just 1 year older than me, and partly because I paid to watch the Montreal Masters hoping to see Federer win LIVE).

I was actually hoping Nadal with win (Top 3 fav players now: 1) Federer 2) Nadal 3) Roddick, Ok, I know you're wondering how can I like BOTH Federer and Nadal? well, that's because without one, the other wouldn't be as great and the Tennis itself would suffer immensely if either of these two men vanished, wow.. that was a lot more prophetic and deep than I wanted it to be), because I both like him and I would have loved to see him win the Rome Masters 4 years in a row AND it's on clay, Nadal's playground.

I'm actually quite pissed now as I'm not quite keeping up with Tennis as I used to, mostly due to me moving to a new place that DOESN'T have cable as part of rent and so I have no TV and sport channels, so I end up just reading results, which isn't quite as fun as having Federer schooling opponents (I LOVED the US Open Finals match, I'm pretty sure he couldn't have planned it, but the way it played out with Federer continually coming back from 5 - 2 t'ill winning 6 - 7 felt like he was telling Novak, "I could have beaten you any time I wanted to, but simply chose not to").

Now that Rome is over, on to Hamburg Germany, and then FRENCH OPEN, hopefully Federer will get out of his slump this year.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hamburg Masters Series draw here http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/T...08/414/mds.pdf
    Nalbandian, Gonzalez, Hewitt, Ferrero, Baghdatis and Haas are officially out. Roddick withdrawn as well after the draw. Nadal and Djokovic are in the same half of the draw so could play each other in the semis. There´s a potential Federer Ferrer QF an a Federer-Davydenko in the SF.
    Again ill go with Federer since he has the easier draw and Djokovic will be tired after winning Rome and Nadal wont be fully fit on account of his blisters.

Theres nothing wrong with liking both Federer and Nadal, i do too. They tend to bring out the best in each other (Rome 06 and Wimbledon 07) and are humble. I would say Gasquet is my favourite player to watch since he has an incredible backhand among other things

French Open draw is out http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/sc.../ms/index.html
    Djokovic - Nadal and Davydenko Federer semis like last year
    Nadal Has a potential QF clash with Nalbandian
    Fed has a potential QF with Wawrinka, a 3rd round vs Seppi and 4th vs Monaco
    Last edited by rtyd1; May 23, 2008 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

So the French Final is going to be: Nadal vs. Federar. I'm picking Federer to win his first french open.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hatsuharupeace's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm.. I think Nadal will beat Federer again, his form has been pretty good as of late. Beating Djokovic isn't that easy, while Federer had a tough time against Monfils.

I say Nadal beating Federer.... 6-4 7-5 4-6 6-3.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Federer season has been built around taking his 1st french open title but with Nadal playing him on clay its going to take his very best. My head says Nadal in four with Fed taking the first set 6-3

Djokovic played poorly in the 1st two sets and has been below par for most this tounament while Monfils played an amazing aggressive game which he is not known for in the last three sets against fed. If monfils played djokovic that day he would have had a great chance of beating him since his defence on clay is up there with Nadal and Federer's

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Wellm since nobody has commented on this I'll do it. Federer got a giant can of whoop ass this time against Nadal. I'm not entirely sure, but I think that this was his worst defeat since he's #1. And as much as I hate Nadal (I wish he broke both arms and legs. Yeah, that much =) ) I've got to recognize he's unbeatable in clay. Djokovic showed that he's still at a different level tham those two.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

why cant Federer win on clay against Nadal, at least come close. He got killed

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Nadal just won his first title on grass.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate Nadal, he is such a hot shot, but he is pretty good with a racket

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm picking Federar to win his 6th wimbeldon.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Santho's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm tired of seeing Federer win.It's so boring.Hope Nadal wins this time.After watching last year's really close final,and the way Fedex has been playing this year,there is a good chance for Rafa to show his true potent.,now that Djokovic's been knocked out(pretty surprising)
    I'm Still Stuck In The Middle Of Nowhere With A Nonexistent Talking Dog Whose Name Is the Exact Opposite Of His Personality

Germany Lost,but They Still Rock!

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

^^ i don't mind Federer win all the time, i want him to win every time. Also on the women side the No. 1 seed Ivanovic is out.

Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I cried when Ivanovic was knocked out, I thought she would at least get into the second week...but oh well

as for federer and nadal final, it's increasingly becoming apparent that they are gonan meet...I hope for the love of God that Federer wins but last year's final showed us that Nadal has improved exponentially on grass since he began, he pushed Federer to the end and only lost coz Federer had such a fantastic serve percentage. But this year will be different, because they are both playing so well til now, but my money's still on the Fedex to take it home

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

The finals are going to be:
    Nadal vs Federar again(i hope Federar win, again)
    S. Williams vs. V. Willians, the Williams sister are back(i hope Serena win)

New Reply
Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast