Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chad Becoming a Hollow & a Connection to Hell

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Chad Becoming a Hollow & a Connection to Hell

I have another theory about vastolorde but I have to put before a little scheme: King's dimension goes to SS,like Hueco Mundo goes to Hell....between SS and HM there's the real world which is the "neutral zone".
    Stated that,I was thinking that we can assume that like we have the Royal guard in King's dimension,which are probably the strongest shinigami we are going to see......probably Vastolordes "the top Hollows",can be find only in Hell explaining why we haven't see them so far...normal hollow come to regrets,evil hollows that goes to hell have really evil istinct to begin with...which leads to become VL...

I'm also pretty sure that the top three expada are not Vastolordes but really strong arrancar!
    Talking about Chad,we can assume that he is not a Vastolorde even if is stated that he got Hollow power!what is cool about him,is that for sure we haven's seen even a fingernail of the extent of his power....think about thattated that his are hollow power and stated his developement in Hm(Brazo Derecho del Gigante y Brazo iZquierdo del Diablo),we can assume that:

1)he has to go in a full HolloW transformation to keep up with future development of the story.

2)Possibly in the next future he will be able to use Cero or other Hollow's technique(what about the true form of El Brazo izquierdo del Diablo which someone in another thread believe's it an be a Spear...."Spear and Shield are Aztec symbols and Chad is half MExican"....)

3)Maybe he will be able like Arrancar,to open Gargantua and maybe it will be the way to return to Karakura town

4)If something like that happens,more questions come to me,like:
    - he is going join Aizen one day?
    - he is going to lose control of his hollow power becoming evil http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/224/23/ (which is Urahara preoccupation)?
    - for his hollow power,Can Chad become a threat for Soul society?
    - what about is power to be recognised by this guy http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/12/13/ or others in hell? during Chad introduction we saw for the first time the Gate of Hell opening,with a huge Zanpakotou,and a huge arm (which recall Chad's Brazo Derecho del Gigante).That Zanpakotou pierced the hollow to take him in hell. Is hell under the control of "Giant or Vastolordes"?

5)Another huge problem, is his family: is stated that he was raised from his Abuelo (grandfather) in Mexico, and there's this Spanish connection between HM,Hollows and Chad that bother me....even before the awakening of his hollow power,we saw some flashback where his abuelo showed us that he knew that Chad had big power and he told him to use his "power" to protect...and what about his parents?we don't know nothing about them,making is hollow power heritage,even a deeper mistery..
    what do u think about all that?

PS
    Sorry for my bad english....

PPS
    Gigante is spanish and means Giant...like the one that pierced the hollow from the GATE OF HELL...
    Diablo means Satan...so...
    Last edited by Yans86; June 24, 2009 at 09:11 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CHAD THEoRY/DISCUssioN/ThOUGHS

My eyes, they bleed!

You may want to reformat that.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Is better now?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Very imaginative theory but I afraid the way that serial killer of women was dragged in and the way the gate closed doesn't give me the feeling that whoever goes through the gate can come back. Plus hell isn't a place for shinigamis or hollows, it's the place where those who committed murder, rape,..etc go to. Remember that in bleach, hollows are not necessarily bad people, they are just couldn't let go of their attachment in the material world once they died.
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you,if u go to hell you won't come back...and yes,isn't a place for shinigami.....but yes,there are hollows in hell!!!!

1)http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/12/10/ Rukia said: "hollow's who've committed murder,rape,ecc during life are doomed to be yielded up unto hell's lot".

2)Chapter 178,page 4...."Devastation has been spawned from the gates of hell"

What bother me the most,is the difference between HM and Hell....different places or the same place?I'm asking because the GIANT/DEVIL/VASTO? pierced the hollow,and because from Rukia's word,hell is a jail....which it make me think to jailers and other stuff like this...

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/39/02/ Coming back to Chad,in this image is associated with a tiger,a reserched something that could fit with the story of his Hollow/Devilsh/Demonic power,and u kno what have I find out???That everything refers to ONI.......http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oni_%28folklore%29

I want to add a little thing that connect Chad/Sado and Ichigo......Sado in japan is "the way of tea",the tea ceremony!During the tea ceremony it is said "ichi-go - ichi-e", meaning "one time - one life". Reminding us that we have "each moment only once", that the past is gone and the future may never come. Your whole life, really only exits in the moment. So as you are experiencing it, hold on to it.
    Last edited by Yans86; May 11, 2008 at 11:21 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member alias85's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/12/13/
    ^ safe to presume the picture above is a devil reaching out from the hell's gate to reclaim a hollow

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/39/02/
    ^ picture of chad

the markings that each one has is not the same, but similar don't you think? maybe Chad's lineage is from hell;, gate keepers or mediators of hell.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking something like that too!
    Another question that bother me,is what is going to happen if Chad dies? i mean Orihime power is similar to a Zanpakotou,but for Chad to have hollow/devil/Oni similar reiatsu....Will he be accepted by the SS or something different may happen?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Alias - I think that was just an aesthetic choice by Kubo, rather than a hint towards demonic lineage.

Also, your theory seems plausible when it comes to Chad becoming a Hollow, but sounds flimsy when it comes to the Hell connection. You should take a second look at that IMO. But I do agree that full Hollowfication is the last viable option Chad's got.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Chad is there just for comic relief. I mean, he was almost killed by D-roy, D-ROY! Rukia even pwned that bozo! He'll have to awaken "La pierna izquierda de Maradona" or "La oreja derecha de Van Gogh" before he finally beats a strong guy.
    Last edited by sk.nite; May 20, 2008 at 07:15 PM.

pjboom

Well as a spanish I'm getting intrigued why the bad ones use spanish names XD.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Really? I'd think you would be offended, not intrigued.

I think Chad has long since gone by the wayside. Like Orihime, Chad hasn't done much since he first got his powers--but he doesn't have the intelligence of Ishida, the well-rounded style of Rukia, or the God-like healing powers of Inoue. He has nothing to fall back on when he can't just KTFO his opponent--both as a fighter and a character in general. Kubo's just keeping him around because he's one of Ichigo's few close friends with powers.

Personally, I don't see why Kubo neutered him so much. Why couldn't he be closer in strength to Ichigo? He's supposed to be a tank--getting hit by speeding motorcycles and just needing bandaids--so his current dinkyness is strange at best. All the moreso when every Arrancar has Hierro and he's a human with Hollow-like powers. I'm shocked at how the anime writers found more use for him in the Bount arc than Kubo has.

If he does more than just beat Yammi during the War, I'll be satisfied. Hell, I'll be satisfied if that fight alone is good.

"Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Spanish is my mother tongue too. I don't feel offended because the bad guys use spanish names, but by the crappy use of the language (and all foreign languages in general). For example, Chad's arm is called literally "Brazo izquierda del diablo", instead of "izquierdo" that would be the correct adjective. "brazo" means "arm" and is masculine, but I guess this doesn't mean anything to english speakers as they don't have f/m distinction.

Here's one in english: in one of the color front pages, the one that has a vampire theme, says "All peoples are vampires". WTF? Peoples doesn't even exist! Since when do collective nouns have a plural? Doesn't anyone tell him that he is using it wrong? Are all people around him that ignorant? Does he write this manga in a dark cave in a faraway island in the Sea of Japan so nobody can bother him so his butchering of foreign languages goes unpunished? Does he do it in purpose? And if so, to what purpose? Maybe he hates foreigners because of a traumatic childhood experience, and makes his hatred for gaijin known around the world by saying: "Look how little I care about your pitiful languages (insert evil laugh here)".

I don't know german, but I'm sure he uses it badly too. Well, I've gotten kinda off topic but maybe there was already a thread discussing this, and I really wanted to say this: KUBO, GRAB A FUCKING DICTIONARY!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I'm sure he does use a dictionary. But those don't tell you correct grammar and sentence structure. Hence, since I'm sure all the other mangaka do the same, I doubt anyone CAN correct him. You see those butcheries all the time in Japanese media.

"Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

But "peoples" doesn't exist. Could it be that it was wrong even in the dictionary?
    (That would be hilarious, if it weren't so sad). Besides, isn't english like an obligatory school subject or something in Japan. He should know at least a little english.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Well, think about any foreign language classes you may have taken. Did they teach you how to speak it fluently? I was taking Spanish classes all through middle and high school, but I know just as much Japanese from watching anime.

And I keep hoping that Chad's ancestry will be expounded on in the future, since his being from Mexico seems to be important. Will it answer the question as to why all Hollows use Spanish terminology? I certainly hope so.

"Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast