Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 109 Innocences: where are they?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

D Gray Man 109 Innocences: where are they?

We know there are 109 innocences spreaded around the world.
    We know that Noahs are hunting them and some were destroyed already.
    How many do we know?
    How many are still hidden?
    Let's count the innocences!

updated count - added the ring innocence

76 known innocences
    33 unknown innocences

Spoiler: Each mentioned innocence current state show

Let's consider only the innocences mentioned in manga, databook and novels.
    Any corrections to the data is welcome.
    The data will be updated when new information appears.
    Last edited by Asclepius; June 19, 2013 at 11:23 AM.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 109 Innocences: where are they?

We are going to start our count from the very begining of the story.

On volume 1, Komoi states that there are 19 exorcists with Allen.

If we don’t consider the free innocences with each Genral and the ones stored within Heblaska, we will start with 19 known and 90 unknown innocences. That’s our Initial Count.

I don't remember some of the dead exorcists names. So i took them from Wikia. I'm still trying to check their part (i am re-reading the manga).

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Antxon Kolokon's Avatar
    Country
    Basque Country
    Post Thanks / Like

The Noah destroyed quite a few but I'm not sure if the number is stated in the manga.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Coah's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, when Allen brought Lala's innocence to Hevalaska, she informed us she she has holding 41 fragments including LaLa's. (http://www.mangareader.net/210-15109...hapter-18.html) Also, I'm not sure on the amount, but I believe when Road and Tyki killed General Yeegar they destroyed about 5 fragments that he was carrying. There's also the apocrophos(idk how2spell), Alma's innocence, and if you wanted to, you could count the leaf of revival, Victorio's and Maylin's innocence. There's also the heart. There's probably more mentioned in the manga, but this is what i can think of at the top of my head. So, with all that I mentioned, including the ones mentioned in the post, that's about 70 innocence out of 109 known, leaving 39 remaining to be found.

EDIT: Bookman, Timothy, Chaoji, Miranda, and Krory's innocence were not mentioned. So, the remaining is 34 out of 109.
    Last edited by Coah; May 28, 2013 at 08:41 PM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

. Bookman - active
    . Chaozi Han - active
    . Aleister Krory - active
    . Timothy - active
    . Miranda Lotto - active
    . Apocryphos - very very active
    . Alma Karma's + other second exorcists - unknown
    . forgot to mention Marie - active
    Last edited by capricorn; May 28, 2013 at 08:41 PM.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by capricorn View Post
    . Bookman - active
    . Chaozi Han - active
    . Aleister Krory - active
    . Timothy - active
    . Miranda Lotto - active
    . Apocryphos - very very active
    . Alma Karma's + other second exorcists - unknown
    . forgot to mention Marie - active
    I didn't include Bookman in the initial Count cause i don't remember anything that could prove that he has innocence weapon.
    Since the begining, to me, Bookman only joined the exorcists cause he had a disciple compatible and he wanted to record the story through the Black Order side this time.

The second exorcists don't have innocence. They use dark matter. So, not including them in the count. >>just a mistake.
    Alma's innocence is probably stored. Was it parasitic or not?

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Scratch that. I was mistaking thirds and seconds.

As Alma destroyed all the "corpses" in the lab, i guess that those innocence are part of the 41 stored within Heblaska.
    Only Kanda survived for real.

Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the reason I assumed bookman was an exorcist was because he has an exorcists uniform. To tell the truth though I think its pretty sketchy considerring that it sounds a little too convenient for both bookman senior and junior to conveniently have innocense in time to join the order (hope hoshino explains in backstory). Also bookman doesn't really display much/ any akuma exorcising that I can remember but he has attempted couple times, just that most of those instances had akuma that were too strong for the old man.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the thirds were also exorcists without innocence. So i assume that being exorcist doesn't mean that the person has an anti-akuma weapon automatically.

I will add other exorcists later.

I also corrected data on Suman Dark. My first thought was that his innocence was destroyed, but then i remembered that Allen gave it to Timcanpy which ran away from Tyki.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Ah, that list in the spoiler tag is about innocences, not the people.
    Active=innocence changed form to weapon, doll, etc.
    Stored= someone is keeping it (Hevlaska or a general)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Apart from his own Anti-Akuma weapon, Yeegar had 8 Innocences - all destroyed by Noah (chapter 29).
    IMO Bookman's Heaven Compass is Innocence - in chapter 29 he almost destroyed level 2 akuma, he is included in "Innocence Activate!" scene in chapter 47 and Eshi in chapter 65 acknowledged Bookman as someone with means to destroy him (I mean, he didn't laugh him off for attacking him with something which isn't even Innocence). Now, I know those scenes aren't very convincing, but I doubt Order would include Bookman into any battle group if he wasn't capable of destroying akumas.
    Also, we can count Heart in - we don't know where it is yet, but we know it is active (Earl himself stated it in chapter 158).

13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    Well, the thirds were also exorcists without innocence. So i assume that being exorcist doesn't mean that the person has an anti-akuma weapon automatically.
    wait wait nonono the Thirds are the exception to the rule, as far as being an exorcist goes, because the only ways to destroy an akuma are innocence, the akuma self-destructing, or akuma devouring akuma. The Thirds, having had the dark matter of the egg implanted into them, are sort of half-Akuma themselves, so it isn't like they've got some sort of unknown substance that can destroy them, it's more that they can "eat" them in the same way that other Akuma can.

So I'm quite sure Bookman is the accommadator of the innocence in his possession (though the question of how two bookmen who needed to record this war just so happened to be accomodators of innocence thus enabling them to observe from the battlefield is an entirely different question for a different discussion ;v; ).

Also, HonouPL, i don't really believe that the order wouldn't allow him to go along with them if he couldn't fight. I mean, it's an added bonus that he can, but the reason he's with them isn't to help them destroy akuma and fight the Noah, he's there to record the war and observe Allen

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still not convinced that Bookman has innocence, but i'm adding him.
    I'm setting Bookman's innocence status as ubknown like Lavi's.
    Although Noahs always want to destroy innocence, maybe they won't this time cause it's Bookman and he has important information.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Coah's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Bookman wears the signature Exorcist uniform identifying him as an official Exorcist. Also, Bookman has fought along side with Allen Walker many times, and if Bookman wasn't an Exorcist, Allen wouldn't have let him destroy the Akuma. Without Innocence, the Akuma can't be saved. If Bookman were without Innocence and destroying Akuma, Allen would be furious and against him fighting. So, I'm pretty sure Bookman is an Exorcist.
    Last edited by Coah; June 04, 2013 at 08:21 PM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

The highest level of akuma I think bookman and Lavi can handle with ease is a level 2. The problem I think is that both these guys haven't synchronized up to a convincing enough level with their innocences's. This makes sense considering that both senior and junior believe that they should place their job as bookman first and their duty as exorcists second. Because they are not fighting fully in line with the will of the innocense it could explain why their synchro rates are so low.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

there are 109 innocences right? But would the Heart and Apocryphos included in that list?
    Okay, excluding the Heart, but Apocryphos? I think no one had heard of it until the Earl recognized this special innocence. Accorging to him, the Apocryphos was an independent type of innocence which he had not seen for more than a thousand years.

and about Bookman being an Exorcist or not, I believe he is an Exorcist. And Exorcist is someone who has compatibility and had synchronized with an Innocence (based from what I remember). He was able to defeat an Akuma by using his Innocence. And the way he defeats them doesn't make Allen's left eye freak out. In order to take record of the war, they have to be in the war. That would mean they have to be part of the war - be an Exorcist. So if Bookman wasn't an Exorcist, even though he has adept skills in fighting his opponents, he'd be an easy target for the akumas and still he won't be able to defeat one because the only way to kill an Akuma is by means of Innocence.

So yeah, he is indeed an Exorcist.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The Cube might have more data, but Komoi didn't reveal more than the 109 innocences part and the fight with the Earl. There is certainly more than that.

And a little thought of mine...
    In Japan and China (maybe even in the rest of east Asia), 108 is a famous number. I've seen it in many media like manga, books, games and the history (the 108 Heroes).
    So, it can be the 108 innocences + The Heart. I have been thinking of it like that since a guy from Singapore told me about the 108 thing.
    It makes sense to me, but i can be wrong. I'm not Hoshino.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast