Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Pirates of the Carribean - Dead Man's Chest" Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippine
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Pirates of the Carribean - Dead Man's Chest" Thread

I see...
    I understand quite well your reaction since you probably didn't know PotC is a trilogy...
    Just like Matrix Reloaded...
    That was lyk...
    WTF?
    Anyway...
    I don't know about u guys...
    but I really enjoyed watching PotC 2...
    i specially like the ending...
    specially when I saw Geoffrey Rush alive again...
    w/c means they will also bring back Captain Jack Sparrow...

Quote Quote:
    there wasn't an ending, and the movie is just a preparation for a sequel..
    it's not like it's bad, but it's like nobody warned me..and i was sitting there for 2 and a half hours..
    expecting some sort of an ending..
    only to find that it's "to be continued"
    yeah...
    just like Matrix Reloaded...
    and HP Goblet of Fire...
    well, you can say there's no ending coz the story hasn't ended yet...

Quote Quote:
    for my personal taste, i don't really like the way they have elizabeth starting to have feelings for sparrow..
    it's really unnecessary.. i suppose the next installment someone would turn to drama queen, love triangle, and really, i believe it's unnecessary..
    i don't think elizabeth started to like jack sparrow...
    i actually thinks she kinda hates him...
    her ruined marriage...
    deceptions...
    etc...
    at the end, it was guilt that i saw, for locking jack in the ship...
    not love...

Quote Quote:
    and the end bit, how come that bad guy from the first one still alive and what is he doing there with that witch lady? why is he there anyway?
    not that he's STILL alive...
    but that he was brought back to life...
    and that witch lady already hinted on that...
    that it's possible...
    heck...
    u have davey jones with his heart locked in a chest...
    anyway, what is he doing with the witch lady?
    probably to inquire about jack sparrow...
    common acquaintance...

Quote Quote:
    and i hope the third one would be splendid..
    i'm sure it will be...
    and i guess this tym, geoffrey will be working with will and elizabeth...

Quote Quote:
    theres actually going to be a third pirates movie, and they are talkin about makin a 4 and 5. as for the second one, i predict it will be good......
    not sure about the 4th and 5th...
    but m sure that it's a trilogy and that they actually shot the 2nd and 3rd part at the same time...
    just like HP 3 and HP 4 being shot at the same tym...

Quote Quote:
    what's with this dying and undying business?
    oh it's probably the same business as living while ur heart is out there in a chest and in the process, growing tentacles on your face...

anyway...
    i think the movie's main purpose is to entertain, and not really to be heavy with social issues and philosopies and inequity and injustice and history, etc...
    as for me, i think they did a good job in entertaining me...
    if the ending was a bit hanging as you say it, works good for me...
    it only means that iv got another pirates movie to look forward to next year...
    maybe i was jst wondering how fast that "thing" could regenerate it's tentacles...
    johnny depp might have just started a new pirates-inspired fashion trend... i love his acting...[br]Posted on: July 17, 2006, 04:46:21 AM_________________________________________________oh...
    and i'm gonna watch the movie again...
    wehehehehe

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't like the whole "To be Continued" gimmick in movies. I didn't like it in Back to the Future, I didn't like it in the Matrix movies, and I didn't like it in PoTC. The only times I like it is when movies are book adaptations like LoTR. But anyway, people need to make these movies stand-alone because otherwise they just lose the audiences's interest for the next movie.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brede's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yondaime
    I understand quite well your reaction since you probably didn't know PotC is a trilogy...
    ...and HP Goblet of Fire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    I didn't like it in the Matrix movies, and I didn't like it in PoTC.
    that's why i didn't bother to watch the 2nd and 3rd Matrix. PotC #2 is entertaining (in general) and Johnny Depp is great. But PotC #1 had an 'ending'. A trilogy is fine but I want some form of closure at the end of each. Look at HP. 7 books but each one can stand on its own as an 'individual' story. look at the story arcs for naruto, bleach, one piece (and most other mangas). yes, there is a "to be continued" element at the end but there is still some closure. Just enough to satisfy the need for answers and keep them coming back for more. Probably its just me and my impatience. keep me guessing too long and I lose interest, it just becomes annoying rather than entertaining.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippine
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Look at HP. 7 books but each one can stand on its own as an 'individual' story.
    HP 3 can't stand on its own, with Wormtail's escape...
    HP 4 can't stand on its own, with Voldymaru back...

oh, and b4 book 5 came out, there were a lot of fake versions in the net... amazing how these people wrote their own versions and Rowling's style was rtetained...

anyway...

i love the "to be continued aspect" in stories... that's probably y i lyk long series of books... like Wheel of Time (now on its 11th book) and Sword of Truth (now on its 10th)...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brede's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

what i meant is that with HP, there is still some form of closure after each book, on the 'mini' issues and questions - e.g. the sorceror's stone, chamber of secret, Sirius the 'prisoner', the tri-wizard competition, Dobby, Buckbeak, lupin=werewolf and more. Of course the main story of Voldy, Wormtail and etc. is still continuing and running thru all 7 but each individual story has some form of ending

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

agree with brede...
    for this movie, the main focus was on the "dead man's chest" but it really has very little to do with it...
    if you really think about it.. the whole long scene where bloom (forgot his name) meets with jack sparrow again, in that cannibal island, is really unnecessary to the plot... i felt like watching the three stooges for that scenes...
    it was entertaining..but pointless...

and yeah, i don't like matrix at all..
    Our Bot, who art in IRC, hallowed be thy nick. Thy xdcc come, Thy send be accepted, on our script as it is in normal mIRC. Give us this day our daily manga, and forgive us our leechings. As we forgive n00bs who pestered us a lot. Do not lead us into downtime, but deliver us from Yaoi. AMEN

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member walkie's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i enjoyed the movie but the first one was absolutely better, i believe....

first of all remember the entrance scene of jack sparrow at the first movie...it was one of the best i have ever seen jack sparrow was cunning, eager and funny at the first movie...but in this one he was a bit scared, not funny as first one and always tried to run away....seeing him like that made me dissappointed

in general movie was fine and compared to other movies nowadays, it is a good one...effects was awesome and worth to see it but first movie was better then the second one and i hope 3rd one will be better then (at least) from second

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2