Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: How do you rate my review?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

4 33.33%
  • Good

8 66.67%
  • Average

0 0%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Horrible

0 0%
New Reply

Thread: Helltroll's Short and Meaningless Review on Fairy Tail 85 -86

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spoiler: Helltroll's Review Chapter 85 show

Spoiler: Helltroll's Review Chapter 86 show
    Last edited by Koen; May 27, 2008 at 08:08 AM.

Raining blood
    From a lacerated sky
    Bleeding its horror
    Creating my structure
    Now I shall reign in blood!

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Now 20% Cooler 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sahugani's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Helltroll's Short and Meaningless Review on Fairy Tail 85

YESH!!! another success from the new program

regarding format, i might suggest not using full pages for your pics. just use paint or something to take the frames you want and upload it to a picture host like imageshack

i like what you said about the arc's similarity to the Enies Lobby attack as it does seem to fit with a lot of the same elements. only this time the big boss at the end of the game is actually formidable (as opposed to Spandam)

as for predictions, i don't think Simon is quite out of it yet and this fight will be a combo of Natsu and him to beat the owl guy. we may see something new out of Natsu, but i don't think the revelation will be on par with Luffy's big Gear 2 twist.

we can also expect Gray and Jubia to pair up and fight against the insane guy of the assassin trio. during the previous arc we saw Gray and Jubia fight but a combination of their two powers will really be a sight to behold

Lucy will likely end up fighting the girl of the trio (surprise surprise). this gives her an opportunity to finally show off the skills of her newest summon, Loki. Mashima teased us with his short little "save Loki" arc so he needs to show us the stellar spirit's powers now. we may even see Wally and Miriana join in to help her later as they realize who the real enemy is.

Gerard definitely belongs to Erza to defeat, so we'll see some emotional moments with her and Shou for a while before Gerard soundly defeats him and initiates a fight with Erza. Like at the Demon Island (and Phantom guild), the main enemy has an emotional connection to a member of Fairy Tail and is thus given to that person rather than Natsu. that is a big difference between this series and One Piece as in the other series, Luffy is always the one to handle the top dog. i'm assuming that other than the fight with Fukurou, Natsu's big role in this arc will be to stop the firing of the Etherion and save everyone after Erza beats Gerard

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Astral_Shive's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Helltroll's Short and Meaningless Review on Fairy Tail 85

Haha Finnaly someone doing Fairy tail Revievs ,and all i can say is that I was waiting for some guy like you Helltroll

What can i say
    I agree with your statement that Jerall group kinda resemble Cp9 in One piece
    We have evil guys
    Owl definitely is in the style of Fukorou - The Fat one

ANd i agree with Sahugani
    The pictures you put are too big and sometime you can feel like skipping everything just to go to Overall
    About Insane guy ...he kinda resamlbe Jyrabura from One piece because he is crazy and lie about Bloodshed

Woman Cutie - Definetly Kalifa....................

THANKS FOR REVIEWS HELLTROLL
    I'm Waiting to see MOre of them
    Last edited by Astral_Shive; May 13, 2008 at 10:42 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Helltroll's Short and Meaningless Review on Fairy Tail 85

First of all: Thank you all for your responses and for participating in the poll. I'm glad to get this much feedback.

@Sahugani: I agree with you that Erza will fight with Gerald in the end, however I don't think Gray and Jubia will fight togetehr. This would only leave Lucy for battling Ikaruga and she amy be too much for her (unless she recieves a new power-up).

@Astral_Shive: I'll put in smaller pics next time. And it feels sometimes a little rushed because it was a little rushed (I don't have this much time at the moment). It was originally planned to write just a few key points with the related pics. Bu as you can see I realised that these key points wouldn't be enough do describe things good enough.

Edit: I just read the newest chapter and ... HELL YEAH! Vithaldas simply rocks and his abilities are amazing. I'm going to start writing the review soon so expect this to be out on Saturday or Sunday (as mentioned before I'm pretty busy).
    Last edited by Helltroll; May 15, 2008 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Some adds.

Raining blood
    From a lacerated sky
    Bleeding its horror
    Creating my structure

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saintz0r's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Helltroll's Short and Meaningless Review on Fairy Tail 86

Nice review, HellTroll ! :]
    I won't vote in the poll cause I didn't have the time to read the other review, but that was pretty good ^^
    Now some coments:
    Quote Originally Posted by HellTroll
    This is yet again a reference to the “Dark Justice” in One Piece and elucidates the importance of the fight as we know that Fukurou will take this seriously
    This also reminds me of Hajime Saitou's Aku-Soku-Zan.

Quote Originally Posted by HellTroll
    As for the next chapter I predict that Lucy will have a very hard time fighting Jubia
    Yup, that's for sure. The good thing about this fight is that Jubia might start to trust Lucy after being saved by her ( if Lucy can do that xP )

I'll look forward to more reviews :]

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saintz0r View Post
    Nice review, HellTroll ! :]
    I won't vote in the poll cause I didn't have the time to read the other review, but that was pretty good ^^
    Now some coments:

Yup, that's for sure. The good thing about this fight is that Jubia might start to trust Lucy after being saved by her ( if Lucy can do that xP )

I'll look forward to more reviews :]
    I'm not really into sports manga, but thanks for the hint. And yes, Lucy defeating Vithaldas and gaining Jubia's trust but be another hint at Jubia joining Fairy Tail (which hopefully will come true very soon) and would improve their relationship.
    And thanks for the reply. It's always good to get feedback

Raining blood
    From a lacerated sky
    Bleeding its horror
    Creating my structure

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member rose's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saintz0r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltroll View Post
    I'm not really into sports manga, but thanks for the hint.
    Don't know if I'd consider Rurouni Kenshin a sports manga...

I'm also agreeing that this is an excellent way for Lucy to gain Jubia's trust, although Jubia will likely still consider Lucy as a rival for Gray's love. ^_^

I don't know if it was just the chapter but it seemed like there was little to comment on this time... Well, still a pretty nice review. Glad to see someone reviewing this series.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    Don't know if I'd consider Rurouni Kenshin a sports manga...

I'm also agreeing that this is an excellent way for Lucy to gain Jubia's trust, although Jubia will likely still consider Lucy as a rival for Gray's love. ^_^

I don't know if it was just the chapter but it seemed like there was little to comment on this time... Well, still a pretty nice review. Glad to see someone reviewing this series.
    I thought it was Hajime no Ippo we are talking about. That's why you should never write, when you are busy. And about the review: I wrote a big english exam this day so I was very busy learning and couldn't write as much as I hoped. I'm also very new to reviewing and I really appreciate feedback such as yours. I'll try to work more on my next review

Raining blood
    From a lacerated sky
    Bleeding its horror
    Creating my structure

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Helltroll's Short and Meaningless Review on Fairy Tail 85 -86

hey dude nice review! i would have continued with mine, but had to take a break since i had my dissertation and Finals to deal with. It's all over by the end of next week tho, so hopefully i'll continue mine from then, and give you a more constructive comment. Keep it up!
    Check out my Fairy Tale reviews right here and here!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Helltroll!

Even if I don't read FT, still I could say you did a great job, using good referencies and taking the right points(still I readied 85 and 86), and even if the review was short, it suited well in the review;

And one thing I suggest you is just change the review's title: meaningless doesn't suits well here, and the most importan: your review isn't meaningless, but it's important in the context!

Other than that, great review!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

@saikanjai: I'm glad to hear that from you. It is always good to have feedback and other reviewers and I hope we will be a help to each other. Maybe we could do a dual review if you like?

@patedecarne: I'm honoured to see that even people who don't read Fairy Tail itself are reading my reviews and found them good. About the name: I originally planned to only go into a few points per chapter and keep it short. The word meaningless was simply an ironic stylistic device since I didn't expect this reviews to be so successful.

Raining blood
    From a lacerated sky
    Bleeding its horror
    Creating my structure

New Reply