Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Allen, Kanda and Lavi...3 damned characters? (spoilers)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shaddix's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Allen, Kanda and Lavi...3 damned characters? (spoilers)

I was thinking about how much Kanda hates damned people like Allen, and I came to a conclusion: maybe because HE is damned too. Just look at the seal in his chest and what he says in the second volume (he's searching for someone). And I think not only Kanda, also Lavi could be damned.
    Hoshino said that the name of the series could be applied to more than one character. If D.Gray-Man means Damned Gray Man, we could have more than one damned person.

Damnations have a symbol and also an ability:
    - Allen can see Akuma with his eye and has that pentagram.
    - Kanda can regenerate so fast and has that seal in his chest.
    - Lavi seems to have a sixth sense or something when he finds the Noah key between houndreds of keys, and he could be hiding his eye with a patch for some reason...maybe his eye is not injured at all, because he has that patch since he was a child and it's strange to see a child with a patch. But also take a look at his fight with Allen, when he's under Road's control. The mark in his face...I'm not sure but could it mean something?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Allen, Kanda and Lavi...3 damned characters? (spoilers)

I think we already know that kanda and Allen are dammed but I never really thought of lavi.
    He could see all of those keys because of his memory but I’ve thought before why he wears that eye patch maybe it could be a curse like the one Allen.
    I think if it’s just that he had an accident in earlier life it would have been explained by now so there definitely is something more to do with the eye patch.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Darcy's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like this idea! I've always wondered about Lavi's eye patch and this is the first idea I've heard that I really like and seems really plausible. I feel like it's going to be awhile before we learn anything about it in the manga though!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member endless_dream's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Lavi is blind in the right eye? Probably he had an accident when he was still a kid...he's been wearing the eyepatch since young...or maybe Lavi could have his eye being "taken away" by someone?? (it might sound a little weird, but I kind of got the idea from TRC manga...examples are like Syaoran & Fay)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member luna_wolf's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

well in the 2nd d.gray man novel in lavis chapter i think it mentions that his eye has something to do with him being chosen as the next suscesor of the bookmen...somewhere...but it doenst go into detail

allen and kanda are just cursed, the end XP
    (can't wait for kanda to have him backstory moment!)

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really think Kanda is really cursed, but it might explain his hatred of Allen (it translates from self-loathing.) My guess is that it's not the tattoo but it's the Lotus bloom that correlates to his short lifetime. Lavi I have no idea about. All I know is he complained it would be easier to use his other eye, which might indicate something. And Allen... well, it has been established he is cursed.

Don't forget Linalli. She may also be part of the cast of damned characters. It is difficult to perceive since she was relatively useless last arch, but I think she'll go back to being a strong contributing cast member.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member endless_dream's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Don't forget Linalli. She may also be part of the cast of damned characters. It is difficult to perceive since she was relatively useless last arch, but I think she'll go back to being a strong contributing cast member.
    True, but I don't think she's cursed or anything...in Gray Ark (the fanbook), it stated that she had a very strong sixth sense in her profile...so it might mean something, like she can predict the future...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member luna_wolf's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by endless_dream View Post
    True, but I don't think she's cursed or anything...in Gray Ark (the fanbook), it stated that she had a very strong sixth sense in her profile...so it might mean something, like she can predict the future...
    oh yeh so its does...i wonder if the dream counts>.> ... i feel a plot line forming XD

i dont realy think lavi is cursed he just seems to have been brought up diferently to the others.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schwindelmagier's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hoshino-sensei visited a convention in Germany some days ago and there was also a discussion about DGM in which she said that we might read something about Kanda's past soon. I really hope so because we still don't much about the guy on the second volume cover except that he's being searched by Kanda.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, Lavi might be a damned character, although Lavi wears a Bandana, when he removes it, No1 actually sees his left eye...I think it has a powerful properties to it...however he doesn't reveal it...probably it to keep Lavi a msytery for a while longer

New Reply