Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Fantasma by KAKU Yuuji

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantasma by KAKU Yuuji

Fantasma
    Genre: Mafia, Fantasy, Action, Shounen
    Author: Kaku Yuuji
    Serialization: Jump SQ.
    Publisher: Shueisha
    Summary by tethysdust: After the assassination of the powerful Godfather, Don Pazolini, the world has been thrown into chaos. Many mafia try to fill the power vacuum, but there is a rumor that Don Pazolini's son is hidden away somewhere. That son is Nero, an orphan who is raised in a bar with showgirls as his friends. He dreams of one day finding his parents, but he doesn't know who they are. One day, he encounters a haunted baseball bat, who names himself "Pucchi" and refers to himself as the Pazolini family 'fantasma.' Pucchi insists that Nero come with him to become the new Godfather and rebuild the Pazolini mafia family. Nero is reluctant, but quickly realizes he has no choice, since there is a price on his head and his identity is no longer much of a secret...

Chapter 1

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fantasma by KAKU Yuuji

JUMP SQ continues the trend of having great manga and Fantasma is definitely a great series. I havent embraced an story about mafia in such a way since well KHR. I wonder if Nero will gather family members too. In any event the cursed weapon theme with the fantasma's seems compelling and a simple baseball bat is actually pretty good. The action scene within once Nero embraced the power was intense and fairly funny. Nero himself is an instant favorite lead perfect design even and great personality. While the fantasma is kind of a cute cool design.

Great clean art and everything, will keep following. Emotional impact is high too.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe if it had one tiny bit of originality but it is cliché after cliché.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Maybe if it had one tiny bit of originality but it is cliché after cliché.
    The first few chapters were kind of full of clichés, but it is currently starting to get its own taste.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

First chapter was very good for me, it caught my attention.
    Mafia is a bit cliche, but I don't have any problem with cliches, there is nothing original these times after all. How cliches are used that matter and I think the series done it very well in this first chapter. Plus, I really like the main character and Pucci, mainly, he is awesome. XD

It remembers me KHR, too, but Nero didn't negate his position as heir. Tsuna is extremely annoying because of this, but well, it is not the right place to debate it, just comparing.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    It remembers me KHR, too, but Nero didn't negate his position as heir. Tsuna is extremely annoying because of this, but well, it is not the right place to debate it, just comparing.
    Spoiler show

New Reply