Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Will there be a timeskip after the 4th Great War arc?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, a small one (less than 1 year)

3 27.27%
  • Yes, a medium one (between 1-2 years)

2 18.18%
  • Yes, a big one (more than 2 years)

3 27.27%
  • No

3 27.27%
New Reply
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Will there be another Timeskip?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tias's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does Kishimoto give up on a time-skip?

Well i do hope we get some sort of time skip again maybe.
    I mean wars...at least the size in Naruto normally last a few years <_<

Seriously, the war just started out of nowhere, i doubt much time had passed.
    But i can imagine it'll be over in a short time span inside of the naruto world.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want any TS's again; I mean, uhm, everything seems to wrap-up, WAR is probably the last major event, and final fights with Sasuke vs Naruto and so on and so forth are coming at the end <probably> IF there will be some "prolonging the manga just because of the editors", it will be just lengthening the WAR event in this or that way <insert whatever you like from lengthening fights to plot twists or whatever >

btw. and considering how fast Kishi deals with fights in the WAR <at least till now> I don't see any "prolonging" thingy right now ^^
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This series doesn't need another time skip and Kishi won't do one unneccesarily. Naruto has been going on for 10 years, it's time for it to conclude and the story is heading to a conclusion. Kishi may be transitioning hard to get to the meat of the war and the ressurection of the Jyuubi, but the story is steadily heading to a conclusion.

Of the big three Kishi actually knows how to properly use a time arc. Oda's seems out of place since when a character needs a powerup he just gives them one out of the blue. Kubo just uses his to create a new starting point since he didn't have put material to transition to a new storyline after Aizen was defeated. Naruto doesn't need a time-skip because it is heading to a conclusion. Now there could be one at the end of the final battle to do a "where are they now" segment-that's pretty common in manga-but the story will conclude afeter these arcs. So there is no need for a time skip because the series is concluding, and rightfully so.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    Who wants to watch Madara perform surgeries?
    lol. that's what i thought when i saw that on the OP's list. However, the entire concept would be pretty funny if there was a Naruto Part 3: Madara The Opthamologist Chronicles.....where he just implant eyes 24/7 and talks about how much he envies the Senju's beautiful blue eyes and how they sparkle in the moonlight.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sakura Hime's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say this but...

1. I can't tell if there will be any time-skip sooner or later...But the manga will continue for quite a looooong time.

2. Kishimoto-sama ended up passing a year without focusing on Kakashi. But this year he'll "try" to do as he planed.

3. Then, he'll focus on Sakura!

4. Other main characters will also have a BIG roles, and "deceased characters" past will be reveal.

5. Kabuto will be a main antagonist...even Madara will be scared.

Sources; I asked a fortuneteller. :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gingitsune's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will there be another Timeskip?

Quote Quote:
    the story is heading to a conclusion
    I thought the same about Bleach when I saw the downfall of Aizen, but Kubo just give a new spin to the series. For Naruto, there are still quite a few things to explain that the war won't solve, like who massacre the Uzumaki and why, how many are left, where are they hinding? Where that huge turtle and its too convenient to be true archeologic training facilities came from? We see only Nibi and Hachibi in the turtle's temple's art, are there others for the 7 bijuu left? Did Gaara train in one of them? Is there one for Kyuubi? We now have zombi Itachi around, will he have a new set of revelation to unveil to either Sasuke or Naruto? Who are the current 7 swordmen of the mist? Who were Orochimaru's previous borrowed bodies? Who were the Golden Horn who killed the second Hokage? How did the first died? What about the first two Kazekage? And the Mizu, Tsuchi and Raikage's bunches? Of the ten possible combinations of element, three are still left to be shown.

All these points can be answered in few lines or in several books, we can't take for granted that the story is coming to a close.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gingitsune View Post
    I thought the same about Bleach when I saw the downfall of Aizen, but Kubo just give a new spin to the series. For Naruto, there are still quite a few things to explain that the war won't solve, like who massacre the Uzumaki and why, how many are left, where are they hinding? Where that huge turtle and its too convenient to be true archeologic training facilities came from? We see only Nibi and Hachibi in the turtle's temple's art, are there others for the 7 bijuu left? Did Gaara train in one of them? Is there one for Kyuubi? We now have zombi Itachi around, will he have a new set of revelation to unveil to either Sasuke or Naruto? Who are the current 7 swordmen of the mist? Who were Orochimaru's previous borrowed bodies? Who were the Golden Horn who killed the second Hokage? How did the first died? What about the first two Kazekage? And the Mizu, Tsuchi and Raikage's bunches? Of the ten possible combinations of element, three are still left to be shown.

All these points can be answered in few lines or in several books, we can't take for granted that the story is coming to a close.
    Yes, but there is one huge difference between Bleach and Naruto. We know WHY Naruto was given his powers and abilities, it was explained to us 25 chapters ago. In Bleach it's still the main mystery why Ichigo is a Shimigami, and this will be the source material for the next Arc-if not the rest of Bleach. If Ichigo's dad had told Ichigo the reason why he was a Shinigami when they were both running from Aizen, then Kubo could have concluded the story and Bleach could be over. Obviously, Kubo wants more money so the series is still continuing.

But Naruto on the other hand has wrapped up most of its major story points. Sure, the outcome is yet to be determined but we can find out the mysteries of Rikudo Senin, the Jyuubi, the Moon Eye plan, and ,of course, which girl Naruto gets with the material that is still remaining. While you liisted a series of unanswered questions none of them merit their own story arc. All the importants questions have already been amswered which is why this story is heading to a conclusion.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Yes, but there is one huge difference between Bleach and Naruto. We know WHY Naruto was given his powers and abilities, it was explained to us 25 chapters ago. In Bleach it's still the main mystery why Ichigo is a Shimigami, and this will be the source material for the next Arc-if not the rest of Bleach. If Ichigo's dad had told Ichigo the reason why he was a Shinigami when they were both running from Aizen, then Kubo could have concluded the story and Bleach could be over. Obviously, Kubo wants more money so the series is still continuing.

But Naruto on the other hand has wrapped up most of its major story points. Sure, the outcome is yet to be determined but we can find out the mysteries of Rikudo Senin, the Jyuubi, the Moon Eye plan, and ,of course, which girl Naruto gets with the material that is still remaining. While you liisted a series of unanswered questions none of them merit their own story arc. All the importants questions have already been amswered which is why this story is heading to a conclusion.
    I hope that there will be a time skip but in the middle of the last chapter (long) showing wants happened to the world similar to FMA. Naruto being hokage is at the academy and someone in the class asked him how he became hokage and tells the story just before he was a genin.
    all spelling mistakes are copyrighted to mars0103

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sakura Hime's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Well...It may look like it's heading to "a" conclusion, yes. But don't assume that's all they've got to tell...

I think people just underestimate the "author" creativity too much...

I'm not as great as Kishimoto-sama but I see many many points to write about... or even make a 3rd part! And great author can even make a story out of a single dust!

Just look at the manga like it's a "life"...you never know what will happen next. Today friend could be tomorrow enemy...Today you're alive...tomorrow you may not...who knows?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tias View Post
    Well i do hope we get some sort of time skip again maybe.
    I mean wars...at least the size in Naruto normally last a few years <_<

Seriously, the war just started out of nowhere, i doubt much time had passed.
    But i can imagine it'll be over in a short time span inside of the naruto world.
    Yeah, but this isn't a war between nations. It's a "war" Madara declared on the world. It's just him, Kabuto going along for the ride, Zetsu and a fuckload of clones. It's not really a war. It's just Madara vs. the world. So it'll be over the second either Sasuke or Kabuto rebel against Madara or Naruto learns the 4th's teleportation jutsu and owns Madara.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Hime View Post
    Well...It may look like it's heading to "a" conclusion, yes. But don't assume that's all they've got to tell...

I think people just underestimate the "author" creativity too much...

I'm not as great as Kishimoto-sama but I see many many points to write about... or even make a 3rd part! And great author can even make a story out of a single dust!

Just look at the manga like it's a "life"...you never know what will happen next. Today friend could be tomorrow enemy...Today you're alive...tomorrow you may not...who knows?
    I don't think the question is "could" Kishi continue the series, the question is "should" he? This story has been postioned to be one climatic battle of either labotomized eternal hatred and strife (Madara), or the "dawn" of a new era of ninja relations (Naruto). Assuming Naruto's side wins then it will be a turning point in ninja relations, however, most manga who have this type of revolution don't go past it-they usually end with it. They may have a small 1-2 year time skip as a conclusion chapter for the series but that's about it. Does that completely eliminate the possibility of there being more? No. But it's very likely to be concluded after this battle is resolved. I realize that many people don't want the series to end, the biggest probably being Suiesha, but it's time to conclude this series. Dragging it out will do it more harm than good.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

The only way dragging it out doing any wrong would be if the series gets stale. Even so, if Kishimoto avoids this there's really no reason to end it. It's not a manga like Fullmetal Alchemist, for instance, that while the series was amazing, there really wasn't much going on with the secondary characters to warrant a continuation beyond the final resolution. In Naruto, the main character is eponymous but he's far from the star attraction. That's Kishimoto's strong side. He's got literally dozens of characters to work with. Both old and new. He can continue developing the rookies or showcase the new characters. Either way it's win/win. That's why I don't see a hasty resolution solve anything. If anything, finishing it quickly would be sloppy as hell. Look what happened when Kishimoto killed off the treacherous Danzou. That was a promising villain. He could've taken the manga in a whole new direction and then continued with Madara's halfassed, cliché world conquest. But he didn't. A lot of people were rightfully disappointed. Just cuz it's an old series doesn't mean it has to end. It's like people who want to euthanize the elderly.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member liangbi's Avatar
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say Madara will succeed in getting the Jyubi and his plan will go well.. However Sasuke will eventually be back with Naruto and Konoha against Madara(50% of it happening before a timeskip) then a time skip happens where Madara is incontrol of all the Ninja world except a few(Naruto, Sasuke, Killer Bee , Kakashi, etc).. I think that would be a great time for a time skip
    "For every man there is a purpose which he sets up in his life. Let yours be the doing of all good deeds"
    PSN: triancirc

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by liangbi View Post
    I would say Madara will succeed in getting the Jyubi and his plan will go well.. However Sasuke will eventually be back with Naruto and Konoha against Madara(50% of it happening before a timeskip) then a time skip happens where Madara is incontrol of all the Ninja world except a few(Naruto, Sasuke, Killer Bee , Kakashi, etc).. I think that would be a great time for a time skip
    If Madara succeeds in reforming the 9 biju into the Jyuubi, then Killer Bee will be dead. Naruto technically should also be dead, but we know he would somehow survive the Kyuubi extraction. For Madara's plan to get even somewhat close, Killer Bee has to die.

Anyway, I think the only way a time skip could ever occur now is if there is a reset. Almost a de-powering of everyone after the defeat of Madara and Naruto's era of peace. Then it's up to Kishi to create a new threat. The "angle" for continuing the story would be now Naruto's generation would be the ones controlling everything. But does he want to? I would really like to see the characters at Minato's age.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    ... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt there'll be a timeskip at this point. As much as I find it hard to believe that a mere 16-17 year old boy is going to revolutionize the world, the power levels are just way off the charts for the story to go through another major timeskip. I'd love a scenario where we get a timeskip mid-war and come back to a messed up Ninja World with rebels led by Naruto, but that's too dark and falls more over in the Seinen category. The war has been built up as the climax of the story, so even if Kishi could continue, it would be difficult. But he may surprise us, I'm open for a timeskip if he manages to pull it off, but it really feels like the story is heading towards it's climax and then conclusion. The story's end is still long ways off, but I don't think there'll be a timeskip like I originally thought 100 chapters ago.

The only way I see him pulling it off is by making the war last very long, and explains Naruto's lack of jutsu development by stating that Naruto has been busy constantly fighting for X years. He'd become a master at what he's already good at, and gain a lot of experience both in life, jutsu and maturity, but wouldn't come out with more monstrous jutsu and it would be somewhat plausible.
    Last edited by 3c; January 07, 2011 at 04:21 PM.

New Reply
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast