Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Will there be a timeskip after the 4th Great War arc?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, a small one (less than 1 year)

3 27.27%
  • Yes, a medium one (between 1-2 years)

2 18.18%
  • Yes, a big one (more than 2 years)

3 27.27%
  • No

3 27.27%
New Reply
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Will there be another Timeskip?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: would you like to see another timeskip?

Yes, I would like to see another timeskip. The 4-6 years seems better to me. We already had 2-3 years timeskip and now they are in the middle of the teenage years, so it would be nice to see them move beyond those teen years and see what they become.

But just because they will become adults in that timeskip, doesn't mean the story has to be drawn out, or is the end of the story. If anything, the story could be even more intriguing if they were older. New adventures could happen, see Naruto's life as a teacher, Hokage, and becoming a parent.

Really, there are many possibilities to explore with a story like Naruto, but Kishi does have an ending in mind. While I would like another one, I doubt there will be, at least not a major part 3 like part 1 or 2, but he probably will do a short time-skip arc where it shows they are older and what they become.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member akatsuki27's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: would you like to see another timeskip?

i would love another time skip, one where some of the characters are romantically linked, and i dont mean the "from afar" and "hinting" relationships like asuma and kurenai had, i want full blown couples....im not gunna say who gets linked with who cause theres another thread for that but i do want the konoha 11 (maybe 12??? sasuke returns???) to be more mature and not be afraid to show their emotions

and kishi shouldnt be afraid to dedicate a chapter to a love scene....FULL FRONTAL!!!! lol, naw im kidding guys....i had too much coffee trying to finish a 15-page paper all night
    Aah, bring my rape shoes...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ninja_of_Death676's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Will there be another Timeskip?

One thing is for sure, Naruto does not currently have the power to defeat pain, madara, or sasuke. Do you think there will be another TImeskip?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will there be another Timeskip?

yes. I mean his brother had a timeskip in his series, he might have one.
    "If God made us in his image, then he must be very Fugly"

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner guido79's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Kishimoto solved this problem with the introduction of the key frog that will allow naruto to access more power from the good side of the kyuubi chakra, if this is how it is supposed to work.
    Maybe there will be a time arc in which naruto will disappear from the manga (maybe during sakura and kakashi time as main characters?) and he will go to the frogs mountain..who knows

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

New outfits lol....and hopefully well see Sand nins once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_of_Death676 View Post
    One thing is for sure, Naruto does not currently have the power to defeat pain, madara, or sasuke. Do you think there will be another TImeskip?
    he also cant beat Kisame or Zetsu alone 2 prob Konan lol
    Last edited by GaaraoftheDesert77; May 20, 2008 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless Pein "rebels" and doesn't go after Naruto as he was asked to, no.

After the bunshin training, the key will be the new magic fix...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

To tell you the truth, I'd rather have a timeskip where everything that has happened is explained after it, then wait for the rest of the year for Naruto to start fighting someone. Or for Madara to finish his bedtime story. Whichever happens first.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kthy0056's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

The timeskip didn't helped that much with Naruto's progress

But it might be possible, the plot in Naruto has advaced so much and in the perfect way for a timeskip.
    Possible conclusions before the time skip:
    Naruto will learn about his masters death and will go to the Myouboku mountain (after having seen pain for the first time).
    Sasuke will join Madara in Akatsuki in order to avenge his family and brother. Maybe they retreat in shadows in the timeskip time too
    Root shows his true evil plan to take over Konoha. Maybe some war can happen...
    After the timeskip:
    Better trained Naruto, with kyuubi controled powers, ready to fight for Konoha in the war started by Root.
    Sasuke with Madara and/or Akatsuki returns from the shades and fights against Konoha or smthing like that.
    Sai gives informations about Root (I believe this is 90% true with or without the timeskip)

Just some bs

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity nat's Avatar
    Country
    Bermuda
    Post Thanks / Like

The way things are going, I think That we will have some time-skip. Even if not a long one, like 2.5 years.

Maybe a couple of months, coz Madara is bringing out the big guns and like you said Konoha is not ready to face him/pein yet. They will need all the power they can spare, shinobis and other allies. Also, the others of Naruto's generation are not ready.

Shika won because he planned well and had one opponent in Hidan, but on a bigger scale he might not have the same result.

Same thing goes for the other teams. Team Gai didn't do much, neither did team 8. Sasuke prolly needs some mentoring from Madara and it might take some time.
    Last edited by nat; May 20, 2008 at 11:12 AM.
    If you hate Sasuke, click here

Tricked you

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marq's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, timeskip just to get a justification of Naruto's growth is pure failure in writing. (although the "key" isn't great either) That and Pein is after naruto. I doubt kishi would do the same thing twice and make Naruto hide from Pein. And besides, I don't think there will be a time skip. Naruto only seems to have to two/three years left. (Kishi hinted at the interview Naruto doesn't have long til it ends) Not to mention the things that are coming into fruition. Madara seems more and more likely to invade Konoha in the near chapters or so (not 10 or so, more like 40 to 50)
    Last edited by Marq; May 20, 2008 at 11:46 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto was already lacking power before the timeskip to take on Orochimaru & Akatsuki. It's partially Kishi's fault if he decided not to make that gap close enough with his tiemskip no?

Kishi introduced KB training and the key thingy as future outlets for Naruto's growth. Both of which seem to require not so much time. You see my drift? Kishi has implemented quick ways for Naruto to get strong, he just needs to make Naruto abuse them soon lol >_<

To answer the question, a timeskip purely to balance power levels isn't good writing. We've already had one of those. If Kishi wants to make one, then he could, although he needs some kind of plot device to stall the storyline for whatever amount of time the timeskip lasts.

In the previous timeskip, the 2 protagonists were in the presence of a Sannin, which stalled Akatsuki's plans.

Now both Sannin are kinda dead, and well, Akatsuki has no major threat to stop them from acquiring Naruto by force(which begs the question of why Tobi didn't do it during their last encounter but what the heck). If Naruto does go into hiding, what's the stop Akatsuki from raiding the land looking for him?

As you see, a plot device like maybe Konoha & allies declaring war on Amegakure to stall Pein & co would be useful to stall the storyline. Pein & Madara openly admitted their plans were coming to fruition soon so making them waiting a few years to make Naruto grow stronger wouldn't be a good thing for them lol ><

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

i still don't understand why people think there will be timeskip or there should be one. Most people said a time skip is needed to make naruto stronger but i guess they forgetting that Naruto have the KB training which can make him like 2 times as strong in just a month. Timeskip is pointless. Most likely one of the reason Kishi create the KB training his to avoid another timeskip.
    Last edited by benelori; August 13, 2010 at 10:47 AM.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it'd be fun to have a time skip, solely based on the fact that I like seeing the characters age. They'd be up to their mid teens if we had a 2 year skip right? I'm all for it. One thing I'd like to see is a more useful Sakura. I do kinda feel like a time skip would just cut out all of the built up anticipation he's got going right now. Sasuke/Madara, Root war, all so uncertain. I'm torn on my support of a time skip
    Check out Vita Di Vetro @ http://www.drdoobious.com

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member barril's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

As the above poster mentioned, a timeskip would be lovely because it would mean that the characters would grow and would have a new look, that was one of my favorite things about the timeskip. Even though I wouldn't mind a timeskip I don't see any point in one at this moment story wise.

Madara already stated that he's close to complete his plan, Pain was sent after Naruto, etc. Kishi would have a really hard time justifying a timeskip now.

On the other hand, a timeskip isn't really necessary for Naruto's character to grow in power. Because he can just be absent from the story for a while (maybe with the occasional flash to see how he's doing). I believe Kishi has mentioned that after Sasuke he would focus on Kakashi and Sakura after that and that Naruto would have to wait. I see this as a good opportunity to send Naruto away, maybe to the toad mountain or on some kind of journey of self discovery and training (even more now that he can use TKB to train and get stronger faster it would have to be that long a journey time wise) and have him return in a time of dire need (maybe when Madara makes his move or even Danzou makes a coup).

Anyway, all I know is that I want Naruto to become as powerful as is father or even more and finally be acknowledged by the entire village

New Reply
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast