Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Will there be a timeskip after the 4th Great War arc?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, a small one (less than 1 year)

    3 27.27%
  • Yes, a medium one (between 1-2 years)

    2 18.18%
  • Yes, a big one (more than 2 years)

    3 27.27%
  • No

    3 27.27%
New Reply
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 297

Thread: Will there be another Timeskip?

  1. #121
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member neomaster121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    London
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,179
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will there be another Timeskip?

    Man i don't think there will be a time jump and naruto could use a small number of clones to avoid himself being turned into a frog

    if hes smart enough to remember

    i think after naruto complete the first stage of senjutsu training sasuke beating pein i think we will get a time skip of a year

    tsunade sending a dieing message to pa telling him not to let naruto leave until he has no more to teach naruto


    Be The Flame
    Not The Moth

  2. #122
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    South Africa
    Posts
    750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will there be another Timeskip?

    why will sasuke fight pein. whats your reason for a one year time skip, do you seriously think that naruto will agree with that and most importantly konoha can last that long.

  3. #123
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Askia32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,760
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will there be another Timeskip?

    Quote Originally Posted by naru_naru View Post
    it wasnt 6 against 1 it was 6 against 3 (jiraiya and the 2 frogs) and jiraiya to his credit killed not 3 but 4, 3 revived but he killed a 4th and sealed it in the frog. imo jiraiya should haven't died its a cheap way for giving hype to pein, especially when he killed one of my faveourite characters.
    Re-read my post. Never said 6 on 1, I said he fought 6 at ONCE


    Quote Originally Posted by naru_naru View Post
    anyway imo the writer was showing that death to peins sub-bodies is pointless and peins weakness is the secret to his technique therefore killing some of his bodies is pointless especially when he actually has more than 6 bodies at his disposal. however the secret = weakness rule can be applied to almost any technique, for example the rasengan's weakness is the poor delivery method, or the fact that the striking arc is too great leaving super-fast ninja the opportunity the counter attack and physically prevent the technique from connecting. in this respect it makes the sharingan devastating, because the sharingan shows the components of a technique; and to a skilled ninja that is all the info they need to find the weaknesses of that technique.

    your last point about how secrets were important earlier in the manga but now it has been superseded by power, imo you are wrong. look at any fight in the manga the victor has been the one to hide the most about himself, whether it is through being underestimated or the other person (so they dont find out much about the opponent) or the opponent finding out more than the other (eg: sharingan users can get info on techniques and fighting styles and use this against their opponent). this is why i said peins statement was pointing out the obvious.
    Keeping secrets in battle and underestimating someone in battle are completely different. Being underestimated is not hiding yourself. The only reason your saying I'm wrong is because you want to argue against me. So you say a statement in which you already know is not true, but your trying to make it true by adding the underestimating part. Secret does not = weakness. Another example of you making up stuff to prove a point. There is a difference between keeping secrets in battle, like Pein did, and going on announcing your abilities, or what attacks your planning to use. Jiraiya was asking Pein questions the whole fight, either asking who Pein was, or trying to figure out where Nagato and Yahiko are, or what happened to them. Even through all the questioning, Pein would not tell him any useful information. Now that's keepin a secret. For these reasons, I'm not even going to name all the fights that we're obviously just a clash of power.
    2010 World Series Champs SF GIANTS!!!

  4. #124
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    IN A MERCILESS STATE OF OBLIVION.
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will there be another Timeskip?

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Unless frog mountain works like hyperbolic time chamber, naruto needs a timeskip.
    He can use KB, that is his hyperbolic time chamber.

    "Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

  5. #125
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black/Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Chi-town
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will there be another Timeskip?

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Unless frog mountain works like hyperbolic time chamber, naruto needs a timeskip.
    For the first time. . . I think I agree with you.
    YES WE CAN!!
    (>^_^)> <(^_^<) <3

  6. #126
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member naru_naru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will there be another Timeskip?

    Quote Originally Posted by Askia32 View Post
    Keeping secrets in battle and underestimating someone in battle are completely different. Being underestimated is not hiding yourself. The only reason your saying I'm wrong is because you want to argue against me. So you say a statement in which you already know is not true, but your trying to make it true by adding the underestimating part. Secret does not = weakness. Another example of you making up stuff to prove a point. There is a difference between keeping secrets in battle, like Pein did, and going on announcing your abilities, or what attacks your planning to use. Jiraiya was asking Pein questions the whole fight, either asking who Pein was, or trying to figure out where Nagato and Yahiko are, or what happened to them. Even through all the questioning, Pein would not tell him any useful information. Now that's keepin a secret. For these reasons, I'm not even going to name all the fights that we're obviously just a clash of power.
    lol if you dont agree with me its fine but i am not posting just to "argue" with you....i'm posting because i think you are wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Askia32 View Post
    "There is a difference between keeping secrets in battle, like Pein did, and going on announcing your abilities, or what attacks your planning to use
    when did i say anything about announcing secrets in battles???? i was saying secrets are what win battles and if others work out the secrets behind your techniques they get the upper hand. hence the reason why ninja what to know about clan techniques or bloodline techniques as investigating them may lead to figuring out a counter, like gai's technique to fight sharingan users whilst looking at their feet was developed by realising that the sharingan can be inhibited considerably by not looking at them.

    kakazu underestimated naruto and got owned because he didn't bother to figure out naruto's weaknesses and strengths. what makes kakazu assume naruto can't think of strategies if he can perform a jutsu he himself said was monstrous? (in the battle kakazu only assumes he has to keep an eye on the real one.....they are KB they are all identical ). because kakazu underestimated naruto he got owned, because diedara assumed naruto couldnt hit him he got hit, because kabuto underestimated naruto he got hit by the rasengan. none of these ppl bothered to figure out what were narutos strengths and weaknesses what were the secrets behind narutos techniques, etc.

    when jiraiya saw the black fire from the amaretsu (sp) he immediately sealed it for information gathering of future use. secrets are what win battles, when the fighters don't bother to figure out weaknesses of other ppl it turns into power battles, however within these power battles we still see the one who gathers information on the other enemy he wins. for example in the naruto and sasuke fight (valley of end) sasuke notices that he can predict naruto's movements by examining naruto's muscle movements with his sharingan. the garaa and naruto fight, gamabunta notices the weakness to garaa's technique, which is what leads to naruto's victory.

    hence for pein to say if jiraiya knew the secrets to his abilities he would have won, is obvious and goes without saying.

    this is just my opinion, true to many ppl it may seem like crap and to others they might agree; but its still just my opinion. i refer to the manga to support my opinions as these opinions were built from reading the manga. i don't agree with other ppl out there but i still respect their opinions, the same goes to your views on this. but just because you think your opinion is correct doesn't automatically make you correct and other opinions wrong. i'm not petty enough to waste my time just to "argue" with someone who is a stranger, i write my posts because i respect your post and i feel i should reply to it.

  7. #127
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dragon2021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will there be another Timeskip?

    I think there will be a time skip, but not soon. What first made me think this was Kybuto/ Orch. when I first brought this up many said that he was going to be one of the tails. I could not argue with that, but now we know he is not and does not look like he fits in the story anywhere. Moreover, there is also that looming threat that has been mentioned by Jiryiah and Tsunada "Donzoh". We might fit in this story with Madara, but not yet it seems. Madara may have used the relationship with Pein to get his hands on the Kubeis and Akatuskies just being the first step in his plans. There is just too many enemies that we have not seens fight and I have a feeling more that we will see fight in the future. Moreover, the statement made by Jiryiah that Naruto was not ready, but Kakshi was, is a major sugestion that there will be a time skip. If he does become Hokage there will be a timeskip becuase it just would not look good to go from one Hokage to another so soon. There looks like there will be a civil war, Kybuto, and the question of what Madara will do if Pein dies. things will change in Rain. However, if there is a timeskip it will not be about gaining more power, but about Naruto solidifiing that his status as Hokage. This Manga is about him geting to that next level, the next could be about him passing it.

  8. #128
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,623
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will there be another Timeskip?

    I think a timeskip would be apropiate because we would get to see the characters in their childhood, teens, and adulthood.

  9. #129
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member The Adamant Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will there be another Timeskip?

    There's no escaping it. At a point or another there'll be one. Kishimoto follows the DBZ Model... and The story start with a young boy that we must see grow into a strong and respectable person. Unless we want to spend 20 years of our lives seeing him grow inch by inch... there will be a timeskip. For me there's probably 2 timeskip left until the manga ends. the first part was telling the story of his childhood, the 2nd is talking about his adolescence, the third will be in his debut as an adult and some new challenges and 4th and final timeskip will probably be in his late 20 When the story ends.

    I Believe that this manga will last a long time, just like One-Piece and DBZ. Not Because I Want to, but 'cause He said in an interview that he plans to make his manga even longer than Drangon-Ball-Z. And personally I Think it's a good thing. We haven't seen Uzumaki's true foes yet. let me explain :

    Akatsiki is set up for him to succeed were his ancestors couldn't <--- The 1st didn't successfully kill Madara and now he's a threat to Konoha yet Again <--- The jutsus the forth wasn't able to complete <--- Jiraya didn't Manage to kill Pain... what I'm getting at is, Just like Goku killed Freeza, wich no Sayan was able to accomplish befor him, Goku defeated the past, the man who killed his father and Planet. After that, we got into more exiting adventures, that dealth with the present and was implying Goku directly, Rather than a distant Past-Foe who didn't seem to go Down. But of course Naruto's Story is Hugely different from DBZ <-- Plot wise. But the lengh and purpose are closely the same. Since Kishimoto follow Akira Toriyama's footsteps, I Strongly beleive that after the Akatsuki-Era is done for, We'll have more exiting story from kishi. After Naruto Gets rid of Pein and Madara, He would solve problems from the past and get the answers he needs to continue his struggle to be the strongest Hokage ever, wich will lead to more exiting adventures.

    A timeskip is unavoidable... its helps the story to achieve its course and purpose. Would you imagine Kishimoto showing us naruto training for 2 and an half year? that would be insane... Some people would've stopped reading the manga for sure.
    Last edited by The Adamant Dragon; August 18, 2008 at 05:49 AM.

  10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  11. #130
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member fox26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will there be another Timeskip?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Adamant Dragon View Post
    There's no escaping it. At a point or another there'll be one. Kishimoto follows the DBZ Model... and The story start with a young boy that we must see grow into a strong and respectable. Unless we want to spent 20 years of our lives seeing him grow inch by inch... there will be a timeskip. For me there's probably 2 timeskip left until the manga ends. the first part was telling the story of his childhood, the 2nd is talking about his adolescence, the third will be in his debut as an adult and some new challenges and 4th and final timeskip will probably be in his let 20 When the story ends.

    I Believe the this manga will last a long time, just like One-Piece and DBZ. Not Because I Want to, but 'cause He said in an interview that he plans to make his manga even longer than Drangon-Ball-Z. And personally I Think it's a good thing. We haven't seen Uzumaki's true foes yet. let me explain :

    Akatsiki is set up for him to succeed were his ancestors couldn't <--- The 1st didn't successfully kill Madara and now he's a threat to Konoha yet Again <--- The jutsus the forth wasn't able to complete <--- Jiraya didn't Manage to kill Pain... what I'm getting at is, Just like Goku killed Freeza, wich no Sayan was able to accomplish befor him, Goku defeated the past, the man who killed his father and Planet. After that, we got into more exiting adventures, that dealth with the present and was implying Goku directly, Rather than a distant Past-Foe who didn't seem to go Down. But of course Naruto's Story is Hugely different from DBZ <-- Plot wise. But the lengh and purpose are closely the same. Since Kishimoto follow Akira Toriyama's footsteps, I Strongly beleive that after the Akatsuki-Era is done for, We'll have more exiting story from kishi. After Naruto Gets rid of Pein and Madara, He would solve problems from the past and get the answers he needs to continue his struggle to be the strongest Hokage ever, wich will lead to more exiting adventures.

    A timeskip is unavoidable... its helps the story to achieve it course and purpose. Would you imagine Kishimoto showing us naruto training for 2 and an half year? that would be insane... Some people would've stopped reading the manga for sure.
    Completely Agree with you cause Naruto still has many things to learn for example,The Key,Mastering
    Senjutsu,Full Control over his fuuton,a new element maybe few techniques of jman and Minato,His Heritage,new element(probably water) and inventing his own unique style which i predict it to be something like the combination of jman and Minato's style.
    And to do all of these things we will definitely need 1 or 2 timeskips....(Just like Adamant Dragon said i see 2 time skips happening)in the first one we will see a new naruto who is more like his father and the end of akutski and the 2nd one we will see him struggle with his new enemies and i would love see our hero in anbu it would be really cool...and Finally Hokage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ^^THE DESTINED CHILD^^

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #131
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Iwashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Another time skip very possible?

    I was talking to a friend about this and I think that is possible that there could be another time skip coming our way. At the moment Pain is completley ruining Konoha and with the backing of ROOT and most likely the two elders/advisors , Danzou is very likely to become the next Hokage. Once all of the things with Sasuke, Killerbee etc are finished it would be a nice way to end this current part of the story and would open up a window of opporunity to another timeskip where we could see a heavily militarized rebuild of Konoha under Danzou's rule. I think it's very possible. What do you think?

  14. #132
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asusp3v4x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    São Paulo
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,322
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another time skip very possible?

    yup I see that too... i think the time skip will happen in 2 years...
    although i think it will be a small time skip, not like the 2 years and 6 months ...
    i think it will be maybe a few months skip...

    anyway a timeskip is surely call for after danzou take over konoha

  15. #133
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member fox26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another time skip very possible?

    Yup Completely agree with u.
    Im thinking like 2.5 year where is uber badass.

    ^^THE DESTINED CHILD^^

  16. #134
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another time skip very possible?

    Yup. I agree as well. Though it's probably a month or two. I don't really see the time skip to be too long if it really happens.

  17. #135
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkManSharingan32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,214
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Will there be another Timeskip?

    I agree, there is going to be a definite 1 or 2 more TimeSkips before Naruto is all wrapped up.

    The next one shouldn't be too long and will probably have to do with Danzou coming to power after the fall of Akatsuki.

    6 months to a year for this one... then another 2-4 year one when Naruto and the others are the Upperclassmen so to speak.
    ~Elemental Manipulation at its Best~

New Reply
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts