Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The last stage of the Sharingan/rinnengan

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Post The last stage of the Sharingan/rinnengan

Let's start at the beginning with the sage of six paths and the juubi.

It is said that the RS (Rikudō Sennin) was the creator of ninjutsu and created the ninja world as it is today.
    In chapter 594, we learned that the 10 tails, was a godlike creature that changed the mountains, oceans and lands.

RS at this time probably did not have any children and if we assume he lived quite a while before he sealed the 10 tails inside of him. He then received the eyes of the 10 tails and aswell the power of the 10 tails chakra. This is the first time when the Sharingan or Rinnengan was concivied within a human. The only real image we ha seen of the ten tails eye was that he had a mix of the rinnengan and sharingan with 9 tomes.
    What if these were the eyes given to the RS!
    Bare with me....

The RS could use Izanami, Izanagi all kinds of techniques and never loosing his eye sight.
    Later he got two sons as we know. The elder who inherited the eyes (the 10 tails eyes) and the younger who inherited the body (the chakra/staminga of the 10 tails) They got born most likely after he became RS had become jinjuriki of the 10 tails. But the sons were just weaker versions of the RS himself. So his power split.

after probably 100 and 100 of years the Uchiha and the Senju inherited the sons powers but still weaker.

And now comes the sharingan.
    at stage 1. the sharingan is pretty much similar between everyone that uses it. It copies techniques, reads through genjutsu etc.
    at stage 2. this is when the sharingan it's peak without becoming MS. (explain this later)
    at stage 3. the MS (it is said that you would have to kill your closest friend/family member to obtain)
    at stage 4. the EMS (after you implant somebody elses eyes that has had the mangekyo sharingan and it is said that the eye never loses sight)
    at stage 5. The rinnengan
    at stage 6. My theory ( the eye that the juubi had and probably the RS) Use all techniques but never loose your eyesight. And this they got from reading the tablet underneath the uchihas safeplace or something.

So now to explain the stages.
    Stage 1. Awakening the Sharingan: It was said that only the most talented ninjas in the uchiha clan awakened the sharingan. But as we have seen many many ninjas got this. It was the first level of the eye, and you could use the basic sharingan abilities.

Stage 2. Mastering the sharingan: After a lot of fighting, and use of sharingan the uchihas get more tomoes on their eyes. They can use better genjutsu, see much more at a higher level. We have seen Sasuke, Tobi, Kakashi, Itachi using genjutsu at this stage. Shisui was known for crazy genjutsu skills. We have seen Danzo using this level of Shisui's eye when tricking others into thinking what he would like.

Stage 3. Awakening the MS: The tablet that was left for the uchiha, said that you have to kill your bestfriend to awaken this stage. But as we have seen it is not true. Itachi probably got it after Shisui died of his free will. Kakashi got it somehow. Itachi gave sasuke his powers and Madara and his brother Izuna got them after training along side one an other and fighting the senju. We see that everyone that had the MS experienced something horrific and got it after a lot of painful experiences. Expect for Madara and Izuna who purely got it trough training.
    And we also see that at this stage everyone MS is unique to the person himself.

Shisui: Used the ultimate genjutsu on his one MS eye.
    Kakashi: Using the warp technique
    Itachi: Using Amaterasu and Tsykomi and his own unique Susanoo ( with the sword that orochimaru always was looking for, that he had heard of in the legends, now how could oro have known this if it was only for itachi's susanoo)
    Sasuke: Never had his own MS! but got Itachi's powers + his own Susanoo

And the overuse of using your own MS leaves you with darkness.

Stage 4: The EMS: After you transplant sombody elses eyes, you wil never lose the sight of your eyes.
    Madara got his brothers eyes. We have yet yo see his techniques but he also got the Perfect Susanoo
    Sasuke: got his brothers eyes, and a new susanoo (maybe his perfect?)
    Kakashi: Got Obito's eye. The reason I but kakashi here is that In stage 3 you would loose your eyesight. But as we have seen in kakashi he has not had any such problems. He has used his MS plenty of times but no change with his sight.

Stage 5: The rinnengan: now this one puzzles me a bit. The RS had it, probably the oldest son aswell. But then came Madara. I would guess the way to obtain this is by both having the younger and older sons powers. henche he obtained some of Hashiramas power (but what?) It also seems that he transplanted his eyes into Nagato at somepoint but the weird thing is that they remained rinnengan. Nagato could never switch them to sharingan (or maybe he just didn't know howto)

Izanami and Izanagi: It seems that if any uchiha could use this technique, but he would have to sacrifice his eyes. We have not yet seen anyone with the EMS use it. but here comes my theori.

Tobi and Madara wants to become the jinjuriki of the 10 tails. to cast the infinite tsykoumi over the world. They want to use the last stage of the power of the eyes. probably the stage that the RS had. I believe that he could use all of the techniques we have seen in the different MS. He could use Izanagi without losing his eyesight.
    The last stage of the sharingan/rinnengan the true eyes and power of the 10 tails ( the one we have seen in the manga. Rinnengan with 9 sharingan tomes). The most powerful eyes.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The last stage of the Sharingan/rinnengan

I'd like to know how you think byakugan fits in this.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Why Nagato's eyes remained Rinnegan: I'm guessing it's because he didn't have an Uchiha body, which has been stated to be the best for Sharingan users. Non-Uchiha can't turn off their Sharingan, so I guess Nagato couldn't turn off Rinnegan then? So maybe there's something there.
    Who knows, maybe Nagato's Rinnegan was the imperfect version, like Danzo's Sharingans were? 'Cause compared to Madara, Nagato could not use Rinnegan as well as him. Although we have yet to see Madara use the other Paths like the mechanical one, the one that resurrects, Shinra Tensei, etc.
    Still, judging from his Chibaku Tensei/meteor it seems like his Rinnegan works better than Nagato's.

It would be funny if there was actually a half-Senju half-Uchiha in the series, that person would probably be pretty powerful
    Last edited by Notak; July 26, 2012 at 01:52 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    @ Why Nagato's eyes remained Rinnegan: I'm guessing it's because he didn't have an Uchiha body, which has been stated to be the best for Sharingan users. Non-Uchiha can't turn off their Sharingan, so I guess Nagato could turn off Rinnegan then? So maybe there's something there.
    Who knows, maybe Nagato's Rinnegan was the imperfect version, like Danzo's Sharingans were? 'Cause compared to Madara, Nagato could not use Rinnegan as well as him. Although we have yet to see Madara use the other Paths like the mechanical one, the one that resurrects, Shinra Tensei, etc.
    Still, judging from his Chibaku Tensei/meteor it seems like his Rinnegan works better than Nagato's.

It would be funny if there was actually a half-Senju half-Uchiha in the series, that person would probably be pretty powerful
    I reckon that's how the story will end

Naruto with Hinata and Sasuke with Karin

then they will have little rikudou sennins with both the body and eyes of the sage

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Haa who knows...speaking of which I still wonder about the Byakugan's role in all of this eye-technique business?
    also edited my post, I meant Nagato couldn't turn off his Rinnegan..

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    I'd like to know how you think byakugan fits in this.
    It does not...

Imagine me having and interview with Kishi.

Me: I was wondering how does the byakugan fit as an eye power and how they where developed and what conection does it have with sharingan/rinnegan and bla bla bla.
    Kishi: Byakugan? What is a byakugan? Does it have 3 tomoe? Cuz sharingan has that, its AWSOME...
    Me: You know Hinata and..
    Kishi: Hinata?
    Me: Yeah you know the babe that likes Naruto and has big boobs.
    Kishi: I like boobs...
    Me: Emm byakugan?
    Kishi: BOOBS!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't think the Byakugan's relation to the Sharingan has been retconned. The Uzumaki are related to the Senju and all they seem to share is big chakra reserves. Heck, they even lived in a whole 'nother country. The Sharingan and Byakugan both share the ability to see chakra. That should be enough to prove their relation. I mean, we don't know at what point the Uzumaki branched off from the Senju. We just accept it. I think it's long since time we accept the Byakugan just popped up one day.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna guess that the Byakugan also originated from the Rikudo Sage, but it just developed differently and is probably more distantly related to the Rinnegan than the Sharingan is. I guess it's been thinned out through generations to the point that it is no longer as relevant as the Sharingan is. Or maybe it's just a mutation of its own.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    I honestly don't think the Byakugan's relation to the Sharingan has been retconned. The Uzumaki are related to the Senju and all they seem to share is big chakra reserves. Heck, they even lived in a whole 'nother country. The Sharingan and Byakugan both share the ability to see chakra. That should be enough to prove their relation. I mean, we don't know at what point the Uzumaki branched off from the Senju. We just accept it. I think it's long since time we accept the Byakugan just popped up one day.
    Though it is said that the Byakugan came before the Sharingan i.e. its ancestor - ofcourse thats what i remember Kakashi or someone saying.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    Though it is said that the Byakugan came before the Sharingan i.e. its ancestor - ofcourse thats what i remember Kakashi or someone saying.
    the sharingan is the sharingan

the spiral eyes called the ancestor is the ancestor

byakugan came before the sharingain /= before the ancestor

your grandfather came before you /= your grandfather lived before your ancestors

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why does that Byakugan have to fit in anyway, when even in the series the relationship between the two was just a rumor? It's not like all three doujutsus have to be connected back to the Rikudou Sennin, especially when we have dozens of other bloodline limits with no known connection.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Why does that Byakugan have to fit in anyway, when even in the series the relationship between the two was just a rumor? It's not like all three doujutsus have to be connected back to the Rikudou Sennin, especially when we have dozens of other bloodline limits with no known connection.
    So when Hinata makes plenty of Naruto's babies they can have the Rin'negan and Konoha will have a little clan of Rikudou Sennin's.

Seriously it is because the Byakugan and Hyuugas were hinted in part 1 as being the royalty of the village and the doujutsu which generated the Sharingan, in part 2 the roles reversed, but it isn't that far-fetched to think the Byakugan has ties with the Rin'negan and/or the Sharingan:

it has the Rin'negan 360° vision, it has both Doujutsu's capacity to see chakra, and it has his peculiar power of ultra-enhanced eyesight, just like Sharingan's peculiar power is genjutsu-based.
    As ninjabot said, just like Uzumaki branched out Hyuuga could've done it too

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    So when Hinata makes plenty of Naruto's babies they can have the Rin'negan and Konoha will have a little clan of Rikudou Sennin's.

Seriously it is because the Byakugan and Hyuugas were hinted in part 1 as being the royalty of the village and the doujutsu which generated the Sharingan, in part 2 the roles reversed, but it isn't that far-fetched to think the Byakugan has ties with the Rin'negan and/or the Sharingan:

it has the Rin'negan 360° vision, it has both Doujutsu's capacity to see chakra, and it has his peculiar power of ultra-enhanced eyesight, just like Sharingan's peculiar power is genjutsu-based.
    there isn't even any evidence of the hyuuga being the one that branched off the sharingan, or vice versa. same goes for senju and uzumaki

just because the senju and uchiha receive more limelight in the manga, it doesn't mean they are the biggie ones for sure.

in the absence of any evidence either way, i think it's fairer to treat both lines of descent in both cases as parallel branches

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post

Psh. I think Sasuke and Karin would have a better chance at that...

But seriously, the Aburame Clan is also considered one of the Noble clans and they're treated even worst. So I don't think who's considered as nobility factors into this. And one would think that because of the similarities between the elemental bloodline limits, they would also be included to. I don't care either way, but I just don't see why it must be fitted in especially considering the way that stories going, where even age-old abilities like Mokuton are getting factored into the main plot, that there's been no place for the Byakugan.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Psh. I think Sasuke and Karin would have a better chance at that...

But seriously, the Aburame Clan is also considered one of the Noble clans and they're treated even worst. So I don't think who's considered as nobility factors into this. And one would think that because of the similarities between the elemental bloodline limits, they would also be included to. I don't care either way, but I just don't see why it must be fitted in especially considering the way that stories going, where even age-old abilities like Mokuton are getting factored into the main plot, that there's been no place for the Byakugan.
    I'm all for Sasuke resurrecting Oto and being the kage there, so I'll hope those two spawns Rikudou babies there

As for the Byakugan, I don't think many actually cares, I mean it lost its relevance way back in part 1, so I doubt anyone will be upset if the Byakugan would turn out to be a normal Gekkei Kenkai.
    Yet it came to mind what Jiraiya said, the Byakugan is, together with the Sharingan and the Rin'negan, the third great Doujutsu, meaning there are likely other doujutsus that aren't nearly as important.
    I doubt it is for its powers ( without the Juuken the Byakugan is almost useless imho ), and its probably for its ties with the Rin'negan and the Sharingan.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast