Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Quit complaining about Kishimoto.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Megapithicanthrope's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quit complaining about Kishimoto.

It seems like every time I read a comment or thread these days someone is making disparaging remarks about Kishimoto's talents as a writer; that's he's just making things up with no idea what he's doing or pulling things out of his ass. To that end I wish to say something in the author's defense and that's that I think this story is great.

Just because a story has plot twists or just because your predictions about what will happen next are wrong doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the author. Personally, I think the story has been incredibly well thought out, with tremendous effort put into every detail. I think it's mostly people's own prejudices and what they think the author should do that's causing the dissatisfaction. For my part, I love the story and can't wait to read more. I think Kishimoto is a phenomenal writer. He excels at keeping us on the edge of our seats.

Well, this can't lead to anything good!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quit complaining about Kishimoto.

The thing about Naruto (and so many other things in life) is that it's open to opinion.
    I think people should complain. If they can do it in a well-thought out manner, of course.

A true fan realizes Naruto's faults but loves the manga anyway. I'm sure there are things about Naruto you wish the author had done differently. If not, good for you.

In addition, I personally think telling people not to share their opinions simply because they differ from yours is just as bad as "complaining" about the author.

4. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lost0's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's called constructive criticism ? Chill out, everyone can voice their opinion if the want. If you don't like them, don't read them

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Regret's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Opinions are what make a forum what it is. If someone wants nothing but praise then they might as well join a Naruto fan club that does nothing but say that the latest chapter is the best one ever. I think it's nice that this series is deep and complex enough that people can analyze it and comment on how everything is developing. If it weren't for the praise and criticism I don't see how Kishi would have the incentive to set the bar higher for the series.

O fragments of light, strike down mine enemy!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rewrite this thread for Kubo and Oda while you are at it please. Along with most manga authors for that matter.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem with Kishi is that he has told great stories, and has molded great moments in his manga, and then he does shit that makes ZERO sense in terms of the quality of writing, art-work and action direction, and overall flow of his manga.

It's understandable that certain arcs won't be as exciting as others, but when you disregard your own source material, contradict yourself on multiple fronts, and just write stupid shit, people have a right to criticize your work.

IMO, to this day, the best arc of the manga was the land of waves arc. The biggest jutsu used in the entire thing was Rakiri. You had what, 8 characters that actually mattered. But the feel of the entire thing was awesome, it was teeming with emotions. You can't essentially start a manga with that then never live up to it or surpass it again.

Sure, there have been points, Jiriaya vs. Pain and Jiraiya's death. Itachi vs. Sasuke. The Five Kages standing together. Select moments in the Pain arc. The Immortals Arc, etc. But overall, the second half of the manga has been a let down from Part 1. That is inexcusable.
    Last edited by Delbi; July 26, 2012 at 08:56 PM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Basically, 75% of the complaints or the creative criiticisms involve arm-chair quarterbacking, or squabbling over who's faster/stronger than who and it being inconceivable that the stronger/quicker person lost. The remaining 25% are legitimate bones of contention and worthy of debate. Some complaints are incorrect, but then again, some aren't. You have to sift through a ton of crap before you can find a golden nugget worthy of discussion that make these forums fun. They are few and far between but you have to put up with the other stuff just to get to it. Besides if you expect people to behave to a set standard of conduct on the internet-whatever you're smoking, please pass it around.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i did not really like part one....it was boring for the most part...i dont care about these peoples day to day lives of hanging with friends and the romances that they have...if i wanted that i would read Shojo beat lol....but it did have its amazing parts....like Orochimaru :3
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it is the readers right to complain about the manga, we are the main reason it has lasted as long as it has, just like it is kishi's right to write it however he wants, i think its an epic story , and perhaps we havent even seen or read the best of it yet, but i also understand the frustration with some readers about the lack of consistency or plot holes

just remember in the end it is only a comic book, and kishi writes all of the rules, , but that doesnt mean we as readers cant complain either

for example i LOVE dragon ball, but there are plenty of things i can complain about in that manga

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

People are quick to complain about everything they don't understand without actually waiting for the conclusion of the arc, the particular scene, or the manga itself. Or, people don't look deeper and only see what they want to see, as always, whether it's to make a character they like look better or because they think it's a plothole. In any case, I'd say we reserve our complaints until the manga ends.

But, this is probably a hypocritical point of view. :|

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say i half agree with what was said... Mainly the part about bashing Kishi... It's one thing to critisize the manga and another to bash a person by calling him dumb... Contructive critisism is saying what was bad about the story showing it's faults and what could have been done to make it better. Not saying that your a dumbass or any such thing which i think is what Mega was getting at in his original post... I could find a ton of things wrong with the story too, but you can't expect EVERY single idea to top the next one...

I for one think that Kishi's writing is fantastic and it must be if he's got so many people reading it... If he was such an idiot then no one would be reading it and would be waiting for the next chapter to come out like a little child... Which by the way is what his manga is intended for, the younger crowd... The only thing that has changed is we grew up while the manga continued and now we are old enough to analyze everything that happens in it. Little kids don't bother to analyze it, they just enjoy it for what it is. A great manga.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    People are quick to complain about everything they don't understand without actually waiting for the conclusion of the arc, the particular scene, or the manga itself. Or, people don't look deeper and only see what they want to see, as always, whether it's to make a character they like look better or because they think it's a plothole. In any case, I'd say we reserve our complaints until the manga ends.
    That would be some gig. No one can complain about anything I write until I am done with my 15 year(give or take) manga. But life or entertainment doesn't work that way. All artists are judged based on the work they present to the public. And for Kishimoto, that is every week. So every chapter and arc is going to be picked apart.

It is utterly pointless to complain about criticism. It is like holding your hand up to a massive tidal wave and telling it to stop. Someone thinks Kishimoto is a great writer. Someone thinks Kishimoto stinks. Another thinks Kishimoto was great in Part 1 and has slipped badly in Shippuden. Others think Shippuden is just fine. You have your opinion. Others have theirs.

It's called being a fan. We all root for Naruto to be great otherwise we wouldn't read. And when some don't think it is living up to its potential, they criticize. As long as they offer valid criticism, there is no reason to be bothered by it.
    Last edited by Jessie; July 27, 2012 at 10:36 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

What, I find rather irritating is that the manga went from being about "Ninjas" to being about "Power levels". Naruto started out very well with great pace and a VERY well structured story. Things werent too overpowered and Naruto even with the Kyuubi then did not seem THAT threatening.

Now the manga has become more about Jutsus and trying to be Gods. If it stopped at just plain dreams and attaining powers it would have been.. "ok" but bursting out with such ridiculous techniques... And completely ignoring the basis of most techniques is just plain wrong.

Tbf i dont see many people on the One Piece section complain about Oda, atleast so far i personally have not seen anything to complain about. Bleach, IMO if you read it hoping to find logic, then you will be dissapointed. I read it because of the fights and cool art work and mystery. I dont care when things dont make sense because Ichigo is still going to use Getsuga tenshou...
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's face it, 90% of the complains are made from fans that hate a group of characters, when Uchihas are in the spotlight ppl complain and hate, same thing with when Naruto is in the spotlight, this doesn't happen in other mangas because other mangas do not have 2 main characters, despite what the name of this manga is.

Realistically though this manga got worse and worse since the ending of the Pein invasion arc, bar Madara and Tobi every single important character became retarded ( Sasuke from the Kage Summit arc until the end of ET Itachi ), pathetic ( Naruto fainting or the Armadillo Mission ), completely broken and unrealistic ( ET Itachi, Chouji ), utterly disappointing and pathetic ( I still can't digest the way Kabuto got treated, hell how the ET Akatsuki was fodder and nothing more ) or simply they lost every resemblance of relevance ( rookies ).
    Kishi in this arc had to use several, overused plot devices ( Danzou, Orochimaru ) to make the story progress, despite those characters having already spent their time ( I love Oro, but really? Third time he revives? And for what, to be Sasuke's loyal dog until they arrive to the man who knows everything? ) and usefulness to the story.

Making new, enjoyable characters isn't a blasphemy, hell Oda with One Piece does it constantly and no one complains, Kishi simply got lazy, and is living on the hype he created when he really put everything he got into this manga.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    That would be some gig. No one can complain about anything I write until I am done with my 15 year(give or take) manga. But life or entertainment doesn't work that way. All artists are judged based on the work they present to the public. And for Kishimoto, that is every week. So every chapter and arc is going to be picked apart.

It is utterly pointless to complain about criticism. It is like holding your hand up to a massive tidal wave and telling it to stop. Someone thinks Kishimoto is a great writer. Someone thinks Kishimoto stinks. Another thinks Kishimoto was great in Part 1 and has slipped badly in Shippuden. Others think Shippuden is just fine. You have your opinion. Others have theirs.

It's called being a fan. We all root for Naruto to be great otherwise we wouldn't read. And when some don't think it is living up to its potential, they criticize. As long as they offer valid criticism, there is no reason to be bothered by it.
    My annoyance is with how people accuse everything of being plot device or deux ex machina instead of waiting for the explanation. I mean, Sasuke summoning a hawk is considered asspull or deux ex machina, but no one knows when he got it. He may have had it the summoning for weeks or months, which we could find out later.

25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast