Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Will there be a timeskip after the 4th Great War arc?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, a small one (less than 1 year)

3 27.27%
  • Yes, a medium one (between 1-2 years)

2 18.18%
  • Yes, a big one (more than 2 years)

3 27.27%
  • No

3 27.27%
New Reply
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Will there be another Timeskip?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will there be another Timeskip?

I think there will be a timeskip, I dont see naruto ending before at least 550 chapters.

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I think that there will be an other Timeskip Naruto will keep training in Mount Myouboku and Kakashi during that time will defeat Pein.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AkatsukiNoTobi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like another timeskip. Didn't Kishimoto say that there were going to be 3 stories to Naruto and we're currently in story number 2? Or is my mind making this up? ._.

Anyways, Naruto needs another timeskip.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that there will be a timeskip soon, but currently it is too early for one, not until Naruto see what has happened to Konoha..

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there will be another time skip. Except maybe when the time comes for the epilogue.

Naruto has everything he needs to combat akatsuki, he isn't going to go mess around with training for several more years. I don't see any reason for him to wait at this point. If he is already strong enough, which i think he is, waiting would not benefit him in the slightest.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zagorka's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, a time-skip will be needed. Naruto has no jutsu's in his arsenal. Having a variety of jutsu's are crucial to a fight. He doesn't know many period. I can't say he has mastered wind yet, and he needs to learn another element. There is so much that he can do to improve over a time-skip. He is not ready at all to face Akatsuki. Granted that he will put up a good fight, lets say against Pain, but I doubt he will win against all of Akatsuki. Especially against Madara. There is so much going on in the story-line, that I think that if one or two members of Akatsuki die off, then we will see Akatsuki regroup and this will be perfect timing for a time-skip. I also want to see a young adult Naruto, around 18-20 years old. Right now he still looks too young, short, unexperienced, etc. A time-skip is not only for the purpose of him training and getting stronger, but to have the sense that an older, mature Naruto will somehow change the world. For him to change the world and put an end to Akatsuki at his age is so incredibly stupid... Remember itt is the story of his life. To only show him at the ages of 13-16 is quite lame in my opinion. I want to see him in action when he is older. DBZ did this, which made me love the show so much. It showed the growth of many characters. Plus I'm looking forward to a ninja war. Hopefully one will start soon. I just hope that Akatsuki will receive another blow to their organization to which they will have to change their plans. Hopefully when this happens it will create the perfect timing for a time-skip. I also need to see Naruto in a different set of clothes. His clothing is pissing me off...

I'm not saying that a time-skip should happen right away, but I think in the next 30-60 chapters, it will be nice. Right now the 8-Tails host is off somewhere, and probably won't be found. If Akatsuki fails in getting Naruto now, and if perhaps Pain is defeated soon, then it will create the perfect grounds for a time-skip. Also if you think of the success this show is having over other manga's, I doubt the saga will end anytime soon. Why would they throw all this success away, just to end it around the 500th chapter. Plus that interview people are referring to, come on... Is there any proof that that interview is legit? I've looked at it myself, and it doesn't seem like it is. We're heading towards the end of the year and half of the things he has said have not come to pass. And the interview is incredibly vague. No interview is like that... Let's take the contents of that interview with a grain of salt. And if it is real, Kishi and his team have obviously changed their minds about some things that are going on in the story-line. I wouldn't trust it, being that its too old of an interview.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto doesn't need a time skip, just a hyperbolic time chamber LOL

but on a serious note, if there is a timeskip, it will be after danzou takes over and the leaf shinobis are made enemies and has to plan a revolt. Probably a skip of 1 or 2 years.
    But really naruto is strong enough as he is. He doesn't need any more powers, just practive. Actually he has everything he ever needs rright now

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

i also believe a timeskip will come. and perhaps even more since kishi said he wanted naruto to continue even longer than DBZ did.
    but if you look at things its almost certain, let me explain:
    the final goal of naruto is for him to become the hokage.
    to become hokage he needs to achieve/do some things.
    first of all becoming chunin
    second jounin
    than of course a couple of years in ANBU
    getting and commanding his own platoon
    and than i believe he can become hokage
    this cannot be done without timeskpis, infact it would take about two or three atleast if you ask me.
    also ever since i began watching/ reading naruto i had a feeling that he'll be the ninth hokage.
    because he's the ninetails jinchuriki and then becoming the ninth hokage well you get the picture!!
    and so my guess is were going to see a lot of other hokage to.
    besides i think i am gonna be hooked to this series as long as it keeps running. i don't care if i'm 25 or 30 years or whatever i will see the end of the serie. same goes for my friends.
    and kishi i'm sure realizes this too, so he knows he can take as long as he wants to tell the story the way he wants to.
    actually i believe that the series will even continue after naruto's become hokage, because even then there will be problems and challenges he must face. maybe it's just more of a wish but for all of this to happen he'll definetly have to put a few timeskips in it.

to the people from holland: deze anime zal waarschijnlijk altijd in mijn eeuwige top 3 serie's blijven!!!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto has already lasted longer than dbz though. Also, I dont believe naruto will continue after he becomes hokage. As we have seen before the hokage is the leader and protector of the village, unfortunately those who carry the title focus more on leading than fighting. Once naruto becomes hokage he will rarely go to the battlefield and fight, instead he will stay behind and lead the rest of the ninjas.
    Last edited by kkck; December 02, 2008 at 01:54 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

^ well, it would depend on how things go:
    If the Village system breaks down during war, and another similar village system is built in the mean time, then Naruto could very well be Hokage and last a long time airing or viewing.

Because if the war is still there, Naruto has to work and end it as quickly as possible, to avoid the unnecessary losses.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Munboy's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure there was an interview where Kishimoto called Part II the second half of Naruto when someone asked him about another time skip.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only timeskip i see is for kakashi and his followers to plan a coup-de-tat in order to fight back against hanzou if he becomes leader. Howerver, he will not be named hokage and thus will not hold that title in history. Maybe a coup is exactly what is needed

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

At the very end I think there will be one last time skip. Showing how time has passed and Naruto is now the Hokage and him holding an unknown child with ...... by his side.

Try filling in the blanks.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zarion View Post
    At the very end I think there will be one last time skip. Showing how time has passed and Naruto is now the Hokage and him holding an unknown child with ...... by his side.

Try filling in the blanks.
    Nice. I could see that happening. The baby will show to the readers who naruto chose as his wife. Pink hair or byakugan??

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Askia32's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    Nice. I could see that happening. The baby will show to the readers who naruto chose as his wife. Pink hair or byakugan??
    or the girl in purple

I see a time skip happening if a new villain/s are revealed.

Other than that, the only time-skip I see, like Jammin said, is for an epilogue.
    2010 World Series Champs SF GIANTS!!!

New Reply
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast