Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Will there be a timeskip after the 4th Great War arc?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, a small one (less than 1 year)

3 27.27%
  • Yes, a medium one (between 1-2 years)

2 18.18%
  • Yes, a big one (more than 2 years)

3 27.27%
  • No

3 27.27%
New Reply
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Will there be another Timeskip?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will there be another Timeskip?

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    The only way I see him pulling it off is by making the war last very long, and explains Naruto's lack of jutsu development by stating that Naruto has been busy constantly fighting for X years. He'd become a master at what he's already good at, and gain a lot of experience both in life, jutsu and maturity, but wouldn't come out with more monstrous jutsu and it would be somewhat plausible.
    Maybe Kishimoto will find a new way for Naruto to use his Rasengan, which is basically his only move. We've seen Naruto use it with Kyuubi chakra against Sasuke in his fight @ the Valley of End. We've seen him use the gigantic ass Rasengan, a fuckload of clones each using Rasengan, the static Rasenshuriken, the thrown Rasenshuriken, now we get to see the bijuu attack but without him being a bijuu. What's next?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DementedKirby View Post
    Maybe Kishimoto will find a new way for Naruto to use his Rasengan, which is basically his only move. We've seen Naruto use it with Kyuubi chakra against Sasuke in his fight @ the Valley of End. We've seen him use the gigantic ass Rasengan, a fuckload of clones each using Rasengan, the static Rasenshuriken, the thrown Rasenshuriken, now we get to see the bijuu attack but without him being a bijuu. What's next?
    Personally i'm hoping for Naruto to finally learn how to properly form the Rasengan without assistance of other hands or entities. But considering that he has learned like six or seven different Rasengan variations already, him learning to properly form the Rasengan is probably not going to happen. The logic with the Rasengan seems to be to learn as many variations as possible before even thinking about actually "mastering" the proper creation/formation method of the jutsu itself.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ochiru's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that there will be one another time skip if possible because well I just see it very logical besides I would want to see them suprassing their limits and how would have the years changed their personalities because as far when we saw Naruto,Sasuke and Sakura in shippuuden they had changed very much.Naruto had became much more mature from personality becoming more of his own ninja rather than that knucklehead he used to be,Sasuke at start of the shippuuden had developed so much more cold, emotionless person than he was at the start of the original series I found it very amusing but well he seemed to go back into the obsession mode after he killed Itachi,Sakura had became much more independent person and wouldn't all the time cry but this time she would do something actually useful.

And well during the time skips happen I would think it would be after the war I think that Madaras plan was ruined out causing him and Sasuke to retreat into some secret hideout but not necessarily if Sasuke would become good again he would stay with Konoha or one possibility would be that Sasuke would disappear once again becoming completely neutral person being on neither side because well maybe he would care for his friends once again but he couldnt because he couldnt accept himself anymore after realizing all the horrible things his done so yeah he would be avoiding his friends as much as possible but when they would need help Sasuke would appear and help then disappear again.As far as I see I could tell that Naruto would go train around the world and in order to become his own ninja and by this I would maybe see him becoming much more like his father fourth hokage

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see a point to a second timeskip. Why would the story need one? Naruto is already so grossly overpowered that the only reason he should be defeated at this point is his own inherent stupidity which not only disappeared but was seemingly replaced by a semblance of genius with a lone few words from itachi. Naruto's strength is not just above average right now, he is a shinobi with sage mode and the power of the strongest biju behind him, there is barely any room for growth nowadays. The guy is taking out world class shinobi for crying out loud. More so, madara is the big bad, he is the main driving force behind most events in the manga. I doubt he is about to get replaced and if he was there is barely any grounds for him to be a match for sage mode jinchuiriki biju mode naruto. I believe the manga is not far from its end now.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Skidmore's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see a timeskip, or even more story, at least for Naruto.

His powers, cunning and skills already outshines the previous Hokages, and experience and wisdom will come with time. Even though i think Naruto will give up on the Hokage title when he sees shitloads of paper in his desk, much like Jiraiya.

But if we find out that Minato is an alien from a warrior race sent to earth to destroy it, and forgot his mission when hit his head in a rock and was adopted by Grandapa Namikaze, well we could continue.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there will be a timeskip... but at the end of the manga like in dbz many years after the actions took place...
    all the konoha 12 are married and have kids... this kind of timeskip
    not a timeskip like last time were everybody went training for 3 years

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it all depends of what Kishi is planning.
    If this is the last arc, there's no way we will have a timeskip.

But if he wants an arc where Sasuke is the main villain (and not Madara or Kabuto like it is right now), then it's possible that he will want to have a 2-year timeskip...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there is any way the plot lines running now would have a time-skip. I would love it if Naruto continued after a time-skip, the Sasuke, Tobi, or Akatsuki related stuff all seems to be coming to head.

That being said, I can't think of anything i would enjoy more than a 1-2 year time-skip. Get all this doujitsu craziness(Rinnegan and Sharingan) out of the way and give the whole series a fresh start. It seems like so much of this series attention as been consumed by Naruto's relationship with Sasuke and his life as a jinchuriki, which makes me very interested to find out what this series would be like if it got the chance to refocus on Naruto's life as a ninja. Maybe play around with tensions between the daimyos and the kages a bit.

It probably wouldn't be all that hard to nerf Naruto back down to the level of a jounin, which would prevent Kishimoto from being forced to continually escalate the strength of his opponents.

---------------------------------

Failing all, i would prefer Kishi just start an entirely new series. Set like 10+ years in the future and start an entirely new character and turn the young characters into adults, and the adults into the elders.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you get the crazyness out when naruto has HM and kyuby cloak let alone the impending full transformation into the kyubi alone with the combination of sage mode and kyubi mode? The manga cannot be at anything but an end unless kishi pulls a toriyama and simply introduces insanely strong people out of nowhere every arc. Even if naruto someone ends up losing the kyubi and surviving he would still have HM which would mean only potential kages would be able to hold their ground against naruto considering in this scenario naruto would be able to use ma and pa to permanently maintain his HM. Of course, if naruto for some reason loses HM and kyubi mode we could be talking about something as naruto without both of those is essentially cannon fodder.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    How do you get the crazyness out when naruto has HM and kyuby cloak let alone the impending full transformation into the kyubi alone with the combination of sage mode and kyubi mode? The manga cannot be at anything but an end unless kishi pulls a toriyama and simply introduces insanely strong people out of nowhere every arc. Even if naruto someone ends up losing the kyubi and surviving he would still have HM which would mean only potential kages would be able to hold their ground against naruto considering in this scenario naruto would be able to use ma and pa to permanently maintain his HM. Of course, if naruto for some reason loses HM and kyubi mode we could be talking about something as naruto without both of those is essentially cannon fodder.
    It would be pretty easy, i think. In two steps Kishi could take away every ability he knows apart from Sage Mode(which would mostly likely become weaker as well).

Step 1
    Have Naruto lose the kyuubi's power or use it up in some way defeating the Tobi and his juubi plan. Either one of those options would vastly decrease Naruto's overall strength. This would decrease his overall chakra significantly, and decrease the overall power of sage mode due to the balancing act between physical and spiritual energy. With less spiritual or physical energy he would not be able to draw as much natural energy

Step 2
    If Kishi wanted to decrease his strength further he could always have him overuse FRS and lose the ability to mold chakra in one arm. Which would essentially remove his ability to perform every jutsu he knows.

------------------------------

It would b a long road to becoming Kage Level after those things happened. It would basically put Naruto back to about the level of a chuunin or low tier jounin in terms of strength, he'd still have sage mode but not much else. He'd have to train to use Rasengan with one hand, look into figuring out how Haku used one handed chakra seals, or maybe look into the Uzumaki clan chakra chains his mother used.
    Last edited by Jammin; September 20, 2011 at 09:33 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto even without the kyubi has more than significant chakra reserves. Losing the kyubi would not actually make HM less powerful, both are unrelated. The kyubi's chakra did add up with the stamina recuperating factor of HM but other than that I can't imagine naruto's HM losing anything. If anything, not having that huge chakra inside of him should result in overall better chakra control and an even better HM. Even then, if for some reason HM is severely depowered naruto with it naruto would still be a severely overpowered ninja.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't get me wrong Naruto would still be strong, but not as strong. How much power you have establishes how much power you can draw with Sage Mode. Subtract the kyuubi and Naruto would obviously have less power, so he could draw less. With just that he'd probably be about the level Jiriya was, with less jutsu knowledge.

And if he lost that ability to mold chakra with one hand, which is a possibility if he uses FRS recklessly, that would basically render every jutsu he knows useless. He requires two hands to perform Rasengan and Kagebunshin, so he'd basically have to rework his fighting style from the ground up.

----------------------------------------

And if you think about it the ingredients to do all that are all already there, so there wouldn't even really be a need for any dues ex machina stuff.
    • Garra proved that it is theoretically possible to have your bijuu removed find a way to live on
    • Sakura already warned him that the damage that can to his chakra circulatory system by that can be caused by FRS, cannot be healed.
    • Naruto has never succeeded in doing one handed anything out side of kyuubi mode.

And for restoring much of his power....
    • Haku already showed that hand seals can be performed one handed.
    • Rasengan has also been shown being performed one handed.

Naruto's skill set would essentially be turned into a sage mode version of Rock Lee's, until he relearned a new way to use jutsu's and even then he would be the juggernaut he is right now.
    Last edited by Jammin; September 20, 2011 at 01:15 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the possibility of overusing FRS to lose ability to mold chakra...that would probably be a good way to return to roots..hard work defeats genius...achieving peace would have a greater impact and power levels would be normal again...I think that would be the only case when I'd agree with the removal of Kyuubi...

So related to timeskip...I would like one, which would continue the story after the war...let's say 2 or 3 years...and naruto struggles to achieve peace, after losing his ability to mold chakra...something like that

But judging by how the current developments are...the only timeskip I see, is something similar to what happened in FMA...a glimpse in the future, with slightly older characters in a randomg scene concluding the manga

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While it might be interesting to hypothesize on the abilities of a Jinchuurikiless Naruto it's not enough to make a Part III to Naruto. All the major storypoints that Kishi has introduced in the story (the Kyuubi, the Akatsuki, Orochimaru, and the Uchiha Clan) are poised to be resolved by this arc. There aren't any outstanding storylines to take this franchise anywhere. Sure Kishimoto could do a Kubo and focus on sage mode to reestablish Naruto's powers but that would be just as disastrous as Bleach currently is post-Aizen. If Kishi plays his cards right he will do something similar to Full Metal Alchemist. Even a debijuued-Naruto can have a fulfilling existance after losing his bijuu. This final arc will give everything Naruto desires (a returned Sasuke and his face on the mountainside) so there is no reason to continue this series-except finfancial greed. There can be a small time-skip to show where people are after the dust has settled, but there is no story to perpetuate Naruto after this final arc.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    I like the possibility of overusing FRS to lose ability to mold chakra...that would probably be a good way to return to roots..hard work defeats genius...achieving peace would have a greater impact and power levels would be normal again...I think that would be the only case when I'd agree with the removal of Kyuubi...

So related to timeskip...I would like one, which would continue the story after the war...let's say 2 or 3 years...and naruto struggles to achieve peace, after losing his ability to mold chakra...something like that

But judging by how the current developments are...the only timeskip I see, is something similar to what happened in FMA...a glimpse in the future, with slightly older characters in a randomg scene concluding the manga
    Wouldn't naruto be altogether incapable of being a ninja if he lost the capacity to use chakra with his hands? That would not get him back to his roots but rather it would cripple him altogether. In that scenario the best he could ever become would be some cheap copy of lee. I don't think that FRS has given him trouble since HM and chakra cloak though. Both allow him a safe distance from it when using it.

New Reply
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast