Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Will there be a timeskip after the 4th Great War arc?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, a small one (less than 1 year)

3 27.27%
  • Yes, a medium one (between 1-2 years)

2 18.18%
  • Yes, a big one (more than 2 years)

3 27.27%
  • No

3 27.27%
New Reply
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: Will there be another Timeskip?

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will there be another Timeskip?

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Wouldn't naruto be altogether incapable of being a ninja if he lost the capacity to use chakra with his hands? That would not get him back to his roots but rather it would cripple him altogether. In that scenario the best he could ever become would be some cheap copy of lee. I don't think that FRS has given him trouble since HM and chakra cloak though. Both allow him a safe distance from it when using it.
    Not "hands" kkck, "hand"; as in singular. Using a FRS at close range only damages the arm he uses it with. So he'd still have one arm perfectly capable of molding chakra.

Which would not render him incapable of using ninjitsu it would just mean that he would be forced to learn a different way of using his jutsu. Like Haku's system of hand-seals which were one-handed and learning to use Rasengan with one hand the way Kakashi, Jiriya and Minato did it.
    Last edited by Jammin; September 21, 2011 at 02:50 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto is incompetent enough at molding chakra with 2 hands to make seals as it is. Naruto would have a significantly easier time dealing with blindness by developing his sense of hearing to the point where he could hear his enemy's heartbeat from a mile away than learning how to mold chakra with one hand hand seals. Hell, naruto is so incompetent at it that he still uses 2 hands for his rasengan (saying that is just naruto's style does not mean naruto is not incompetent).

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member blackjack612's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see another timeskip with the manga ends maybe two-three years into the future showing Naruto as Hokage and how everyone else in Konoha and the other villages fared. So I'd like a timeskip Epilogue, kind of like the last chapter of Harry Potter....only done right.

The Naruto 644 Review is up!

5. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

With the recent events, I think it might be worthwhile to resurrect this thread.

It's now pretty clear that the 4th Great War isn't the last arc, like many of us thought it would be.
    Kishi himself confirmed that we had for at least another 2 years of manga.

Tobi will most likely be defeated here, and Akatsuki will be over, but there are still some enemy remaining afterwards.

Madara isn't dead yet and surely he will want revenge.
    Sasuke is going on a quest to find the truth.
    Orochimaru was brought back!

So, I've been wondering what would happen next.
    And I've been thinking that we might see a 2nd timeskip.

I see no reason for one (it's not like Naruto would go away to train or something, he has most likely achieve his highest level when teaming up with Kurama).
    Although, it would be nice if Naruto would get more mission experience, so we could come back 2 years later and he would have some experiences leading a team or something.

Like someone else said before, it would make sense:
    Part 1 = Genin
    Part 2 = Chunin
    Part 3 = Jonin

Anyway, what's your opinion on this?
    Will we get a new timeskip?

PS: I wonder if we should reset the poll, or not...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well considering this thread was started 5 years ago a new thread would be warranted.

It's strongly seems the Naruto/Sasuke fight wiill not commence immediately after resolution of the Moon Eye Plan. This suggests a tome-skip pf some length ( 6 months-2 years). The evidence of the Orochimaru scroll, resurrection of Orochimaru, the journey to meet the "mystery people", and lastly. the mystery of the Uchiha mural that lies underneath the clan's hall. I don't think we'll learn the mural's significance during the Moon Eye Plan, we would learn about it in the final arc. Whcih makes you wonder if this is the REAL reason why Orochimaru wanted Sasuke. Not to get immortality and jutsus, but to get what liies on that mural.

However, I wouldn't expect too much from this time skip. The Moon Eye Plan will probably take 20-30 chapters to resolve. That gives you 1-1.5 years to resolve this final arc. Not much will happen unless you want the trainwreck that Kubo is currently doing to Bleach. No additional arc is worth that travesty. Time will tell.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Mh, don't think it will happen, mostly because every shounen manga nowadays doesn't do more than one timeskip.
    I personally don't like the idea, we know that Kishi can't handle timeskips, better let him finish this story.

I can accept a timeskip as a form of epilogue, to spare us the torment of seeing 29485739 boring chapters and simply let us see how Naruto and this ( lol I'm laughing when typing ) war changed the world.
    I bet it will end with Naruto crowned as Hokage

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    With the recent events, I think it might be worthwhile to resurrect this thread.

It's now pretty clear that the 4th Great War isn't the last arc, like many of us thought it would be.

Tobi will most likely be defeated here, and Akatsuki will be over, but there are still some enemy remaining afterwards.

I see no reason for one (it's not like Naruto would go away to train or something, he has most likely achieve his highest level when teaming up with Kurama).
    Although, it would be nice if Naruto would get more mission experience, so we could come back 2 years later and he would have some experiences leading a team or something.

Part 1 = Genin
    Part 2 = Chunin
    Part 3 = Jonin

I doubt they will not promote Naruto straight to Hokage after this war, hell he basically pulled a Yondaime 2.0, gave support to every battlefield while resolving this war, showing leadership ( well, for Naruto's standards as a manga ) and the overwhelming force and will a Kage needs.
    Together with Itachi and Gaara, Naruto did the most.
    Before the Tobi fight

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I only see something that has the characters all grown up (in their 20's for Manga years") or in their 30's.

Time would be split between a few of the characters (not all of them) leading new teams of younger guys. Some others will be anbu or special service etc.

I think if they do something like this, make it more serious.

but thinking about it, are they really gonna go out and do something like this? Kishi seems to be going towards the end now. Think about it. Naruto is practically a god when combined with the nine tails. Literally, what is there to stop him in that form? It took 7 tailed beasts at once to make him sweat there. And now that the nine tails is all friendly with him, its possible he does it all the time.

Then there's the whole Kyubi mode, which is something that makes him super fast (faster than any character), super strong, and can do many types of attacks. Oh, and he still has Sage chakra to fall back on and become a sensor type too.

He is so far ahead of everyone....and on top of that, Sasuke is also near godlike with his Eye Spam attacks.

And we've already gotten the strongest of the strongest of bad guys ever, Madara, out there. The guy was a "boss" back int he day and he gets revived now and is still far and away the strongest out there. SO, how can you possibly top that in the future if you defeat Madara now?

Oro was the big bad guy of Part 1. He was a Sanin and an elite/Kage level ninja.
    Tobi was the big bad guy of Part 2. He was the secret head of Akatsuki (all Oro-elite type ninjas). So Tobi is stronger than the part 1 boss.
    Part 3....the problem with a part 3 is that they've beefed up 2 of the characters (Naruto and Sasuke) so much and that they'll "logically" beat Tobi, the boss of part 2...but on top of that, there is the real Madara out there now who is still bigger than anyone.

So unless they leave Madara alive for now and re-introduce him as the bad guy in part 3, I just don't see how they can do a part 3 without him being the bad guy...cause i find it prety damn hard to think of someone being more powerful than Madara (who is stronger than the 1st, stronger than all the current kages combined, etc).
    Gold Cobra

The Gold Cobra will slither unto us and turn all of our brains into Limp Bizkits.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Cyriano's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope that there will be a timeskip and a third part for the sole reason that appart for the main plot of the manga there are many side stories and connections between cahracters that I feel they have been left aside and not been developped as much as they should.

More specifically I would like to see a third part with all the familiar "kids" all grown up and striving to rebuild from the war and prepare for the next gen.

Now I agree that the main vilain for that arc will be hard to come by the way things are now, since Naruto, Sasuke mainly but other characters too have been just too buffed for any other thing to come up.

So I will leave that to Kishi's creativity and just root for it

With their dreams as their guide... they are sailing for the stars!

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... Kishi just said in an interview that Naruto and Sasuke would meet before the end of the war...
    So that pretty much kills the idea of a timeskip for me...

I'm pretty surprised about that...
    I was thinking that Sasuke was gone for a while on his quest for the "truth"...
    Last edited by THM Nindo; August 02, 2012 at 05:22 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because naruto and sasuke meet it does not spell out the end of the manga, it's not like he say they will fight, just that they will meet

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post

Part 1 = Genin
    Part 2 = Chunin
    Part 3 = Jonin

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Naruto wasn't yet promoted to Chunin, was he? Meaning he still is Genin (which itself is quite annoying) so it wouldn't really make sense, especially since he already is Kage level.
    Otherwise I think a timeskip to provide an epilogue would be best to finish the manga.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Taraku View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Naruto wasn't yet promoted to Chunin, was he? Meaning he still is Genin (which itself is quite annoying) so it wouldn't really make sense, especially since he already is Kage level.
    Otherwise I think a timeskip to provide an epilogue would be best to finish the manga.
    Yeah, I was talking about all the others.
    All the rookie 11 were Genin in Part 1, and became Chunin in Part 2 (with the exception of the Jonin Shikamaru and Neji, I think).

After this war, I'd hope that some of them would also become Jonin.

New Reply
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20