Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Will there be a timeskip after the 4th Great War arc?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, a small one (less than 1 year)

3 27.27%
  • Yes, a medium one (between 1-2 years)

2 18.18%
  • Yes, a big one (more than 2 years)

3 27.27%
  • No

3 27.27%
New Reply
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Will there be another Timeskip?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you like to see another timeskip?

i think if kishi gave us another timeskip sometime in the future it would be SUPER cool. and a really easy way to quickly advance the characters. like they would all be jounin and be going on super dangerous missions (not that they're not already). plus it would be an easy way to reinvent character appearances and make them all grown up and sweet. like another one of say, 5 years (past age 20 or 21 they're practically geezers anyways...)?

i think it would be a mega cool idea, and would allow for alot of new plots and storylines to kind of develop without wasting alot of chapters.

think about what could be accomplished:
    -naruto becomes chuunin (we don't need to see another exam)
    -other people become jounin (again, i don't think we really need to see the exam, but if it's something really cool kishi might want to add it in)
    -way more training and growth for the characters (new jutsus, new composures - eg: naruto cools off and becomes more logical and calculating)
    -more characters come to positions of power (naruto = hokage? kakashi = hokage? temari = kazekage? things like that)
    -gives time for the rise of new badguys and such

not really posting any new theory or radical new idea, but if you want to gush about what you would like to see, and probably will not see if there isn't another timeskip (there's alot of stuff that just COULDN'T happen without it taking a couple years, like naruto cooling off for example), here's the place to do it!
    takin' on S-class missing nin since i was twelve -mrcongojack

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Alterno's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: would you like to see another timeskip?

Totally agree with your point of view and I add that there would not be reasons to keep the relationship between characters with just glares and chit chatting. 2-3 years see the best to me. And naruto becoming Hokage four years after sounds plausible .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Askia32's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see another time skip, that leaves them around 18. I wanna see Naruto develop more into the greatest ninja period. I wanna see Sasuke develop into the greatest Uchiha, and see Sakura develop into the greatest female ninja.

I would like to see who of the original gennin became Jounin, and Anbu. It would also be tight to see the original team 7 doing A ranked, and S ranked missions.
    2010 World Series Champs SF GIANTS!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

wishing it and it happening are to different things i think that sasuke will not rejoin kohana and i think another chunin exam would be fun 6 chapters long or naruto gets put into the 3rd round by the hokage and the kazekage loop hole

i think that a time skip would be a good idea the part 2 of naruto will be when naruto finish the exams and is told that he is a chunin and you see him lead a team. 2 years pass and naruto is in the hokages office with sakura says that they are both jonin and naruto finds out more secrets about his past
    Last edited by mars0103; October 02, 2007 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    all spelling mistakes are copyrighted to mars0103

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member _ATMA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think they should have a bunch of little time skips though a chuunin and jounin exam showing us parts of it and then jump to a new arc of some sort
    If Nissan Motorsports is NISMO, does that make Honda Motorsports HOMO?

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Uchiha Slayer's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if Naruto and the gang defeat Akutsuki and bring Sasuke back to Konoha on his own will...I think they should do a 2-3 year timeskip. By that time everyone will become jounin and Naruto will become the youngest Hokage ever!!!(wishful thinking)
    <br />Dont look me in the eyes or you&#039;ll be sorry

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Criminal_Minded's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see another time skip, just because Im still curious to see how the characters will grow. I voted for the 4-6 year time-skip as I would really like to see the rookie 9 as full grown adults. Of course, becuase I love this story so much I want to see it go all the way to the end, I wanna see Naruto as a man and an old man also like the sannin age or even Sasruboti's age. I doubt it will go that far though lol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black/Light's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I would like to see another time skip. 4-5 years because we already have a 2-3 one. I would like to see them in a more stable, relationship based story as adults (I mean, 16 and 18 aint too different from each other. Just later on in the teens.). If they do a time-skip into something like this I would think that this peroid of time would be end with a set up into such relationships. And Naruto having control of the Kyb/ Sas's story either ending with his death or him coming back to his friends or just going off like the ToadSage soon be near the end.

Naruto could mature more in that time (I think he has already started to cool off by his kaz fight) and be on his way to being the kage.
    YES WE CAN!!
    (>^_^)> <(^_^<) <3

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Uchiha Slayer's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alterno View Post
    Sarutobi was around his current age or younger when Shodaime and Nindame made him Sandaime Hokage. So he will have to stick with his plan of being the most powerful and strongest Hokage ever.

Damn I forgot about that...your right he will be the strongest and most powerful If he can ever get their...You know what if Naruto defeat Pein, he will automatically become hokage I think. Then we would just need a timeskip for the others to become jounin.
    <br />Dont look me in the eyes or you&#039;ll be sorry

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

given the current events, how can you justify a time skip though? Like, what will happen within those 3-5 years. Yeah, I know they'll all grow, but what events will happen? Who will go where with whom? I hate this scenario, but if jiraiya dies I would like to see naruto leave for a few years to train...by himself.

mousou mashiin 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kaylee's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I love Naruto, I don't think I'd really like to see another timeskip. I think I'd rather see Naruto end on a high note than drag on and on forever. The way Kishi's been dropping revelations like mad, there aren't going to be many (if any) mysteries left to be revealed after this arc's over. I could see this current arc (bringing about the end of the akatsuki and the uchiha conflict) lasting for another 50-100 chapters (or 1-2 years). The manga's already been running for 7 or 8 years. Maybe it's time we let go....

What would be the point of a timeskip anyway? Just to see all of our favorite characters be uber-powerful? To me, that's kinda boring. One of the reasons I loved Naruto in the first place was to be able to root for the underdog. And if it's just to see Naruto become Hokage, that can easily be handled in a brief epilogue.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: would you like to see another timeskip?

Yes, I would love to see another time skip too. I voted for the 2-3 years, making them 18. I want to see characters development.

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jetsu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yes
    Konoha get taken over by Akatsuki. During the fight the Hokage gets killed, maby Kakashi.
    Some of the ninjas realize they have no hope of winning, so they drag Naruto way. They then go in hiding. Time skip.
    Last edited by Jetsu; October 03, 2007 at 12:41 PM.
    WARNING! For mature ordiance only
    Spoiler show

There is no progress without sacrifice! =

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see a timeskip to when they are 18, then a huge timeskip to when Naruto is Sandaime's age(not necessarily Hokage), as if he were telling the story of his life to the newest generation of shinobi.

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, I would love to see a timeskip up to my Kakashi's age

It would be great to see them finally as adults, maybe even with their new family - and training the next generation. Jetsu's idea is nice as well, but I think that would be to much for this manga. Another timeskip will probably not contain the story anymore. It will only be a nice ending, I think.

But however, it would really a huge "fanservice" from Kishimoto to give us a view on the future.

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

New Reply
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast