Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Will there be a timeskip after the 4th Great War arc?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, a small one (less than 1 year)

3 27.27%
  • Yes, a medium one (between 1-2 years)

2 18.18%
  • Yes, a big one (more than 2 years)

3 27.27%
  • No

3 27.27%
New Reply
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Will there be another Timeskip?

Vintage Reboot 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity vintagemistakes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will there be another Timeskip?

I don't really see how a timeskip would even be possible at this moment in the story... everything is coming together. Basically everyone would just have to go on vacation for a while and forget about what they said they were going to do.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EvilGenious's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally dont think that there is a use for another timeskip. One is sufficient...two is just a poor excuse as a writer (unless planning a sequel work). Naruto by the looks of it didnt develop much during the first timeskip (he might have, but for the sake of the argument, let's just say no), unlike the others.

It would be unreal if a second were to occur and he ended up being the most powerful shinobi out there...just not feasible. Just my two cents...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Stop's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanna see konoha *sorry if spelled it wrong* brought down and then a time skip of like a year or something with naruto and co hiding somewhere.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black/Light's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Im all for another time-skip.

Really, at this point I don't think that Sas/ Naruto are strong enuff to even try to face MD. Hell, I think that Sas has gotten a huge power down and a time skip would make him stronger by making him MD's b*** for a year or 2/3.

Yea, there is alot of tense build up. Pain is after Naruto (and I don't know how well Naruto can fend him off), Naruto just lost Sas to the dark-side again (Or Sas is on the good side. . .IDK wth those last 2 pages where), ROOT is up to something, Oro is taking over Kub, J-man died, theres a key somewhere and Naruto needs to do something as a result of Jman's death other than KB train and Key power up for 10-20 chaps inorder to kill Pain and MD.

I think a 3rd and final timeskip is just whats needed to give the story the time it needs (Give Naruto time to train cause if he just sits in the leaf than Pain will find him right-away/ Give Sas time to get power from himself without the use of CS and Oro along with giving him more time to really soak himself into the darkness thats MD. . .IF he is with MD in those last 2 pages/ give ROOT time to devilop their attack).

IMO theres alot that I think was brung into the light in Part 2 to set up a "resolve" part 3.
    YES WE CAN!!
    (>^_^)> <(^_^<) <3

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member EvolutionIX's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Before Madara's appearance in front of Sasuke, I thought a timeskip would be perfect for Naruto's growth. However, in my view the story is reaching its peak where questions are getting answered and thoughts on characters are pulled back the other way.

It wouldnt make sense for Kishi to pull off a timeskip now as it would slow down the story, where hard work is keeping Naruto as a manga at a steady pace.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member naru_naru's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont see the justification of a timeskip, the only reason for a timeskip will to fix the balance between the ppl in konoha (especially naruto) and its enemies. tbh i dont understand why the sasuke arc didnt happen sooner, imo this would have made more sense:
    - about 2 years into the time skip we see the sasuke arc from killing oro to the announcement of destroying konoha. this takes upto the point of where the time skip stops at 2.5/3 yrs.
    - naruto returns from timeskip, and contrary to what has been developed in the story, naruto isnt a complete moron who cant listen to instructions. he actually learns more than the kyuubi and elemental manipulation.

therefore when naruto returns and goes looking for sasuke or whatever happenes with the story naruto will be ready. this will prevent actions such as another timeskip to make naruto as strong as the current enemies. this action in itself is daft as the enemies wont sit on their laurels whilst naruto trains, they also will have gotten stronger. magic fixes such as a second chakra that is "good" kyuubi chakra is even more desperate than implementing a timeskip. i for one dont want to see overnight powerups and similar things, but unfortunately without a timeskip this is the only option for konoha and naruto. what doesnt make sense is why give a power up to characters that dont need them, sasuke was a very strong ninja before the new sharingan (just look at the ninjas killed) so why the new sharingan now (later definatly but at the moment it doesnt seem to fit into the story)? reflecting on characters like naruto, kakashi, yamato, garaa, etc they are already weaker than a sasuke with a normal sharingan so how will they fight against a powered up sasuke, pein, and madara? writing like this makes us think that a time skip will be required to readdress the balance but why was it even developed like this? the only answer i can think of is that the circumstances will be in konohas favour (naruto persuades sasuke he is wrong, enemy underestimates konoha again, kyuubi's second chakra doesnt hurt naruto - this one is really stupid, etc). but writing like this often burdens the story, and tbh i dont like it one bit. we are at what seems to be a crossroads of the story what happens to the character over the next 4-6 months will shape the rest of the manga.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Akumakage's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naru_naru View Post
    i dont see the justification of a timeskip, the only reason for a timeskip will to fix the balance between the ppl in konoha (especially naruto) and its enemies. tbh i dont understand why the sasuke arc didnt happen sooner, imo this would have made more sense:
    - about 2 years into the time skip we see the sasuke arc from killing oro to the announcement of destroying konoha. this takes upto the point of where the time skip stops at 2.5/3 yrs.
    - naruto returns from timeskip, and contrary to what has been developed in the story, naruto isnt a complete moron who cant listen to instructions. he actually learns more than the kyuubi and elemental manipulation.

therefore when naruto returns and goes looking for sasuke or whatever happenes with the story naruto will be ready. this will prevent actions such as another timeskip to make naruto as strong as the current enemies. this action in itself is daft as the enemies wont sit on their laurels whilst naruto trains, they also will have gotten stronger. magic fixes such as a second chakra that is "good" kyuubi chakra is even more desperate than implementing a timeskip. i for one dont want to see overnight powerups and similar things, but unfortunately without a timeskip this is the only option for konoha and naruto. what doesnt make sense is why give a power up to characters that dont need them, sasuke was a very strong ninja before the new sharingan (just look at the ninjas killed) so why the new sharingan now (later definatly but at the moment it doesnt seem to fit into the story)? reflecting on characters like naruto, kakashi, yamato, garaa, etc they are already weaker than a sasuke with a normal sharingan so how will they fight against a powered up sasuke, pein, and madara? writing like this makes us think that a time skip will be required to readdress the balance but why was it even developed like this? the only answer i can think of is that the circumstances will be in konohas favour (naruto persuades sasuke he is wrong, enemy underestimates konoha again, kyuubi's second chakra doesnt hurt naruto - this one is really stupid, etc). but writing like this often burdens the story, and tbh i dont like it one bit. we are at what seems to be a crossroads of the story what happens to the character over the next 4-6 months will shape the rest of the manga.
    wow awsome post.
    I want a timeskip though. I don't want to c a random power-up. It just destroys the story. Hopefully when naruto comes out of this one he'll be way better then he came out of the other one.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member barril's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akumakage View Post
    wow awsome post.
    I want a timeskip though. I don't want to c a random power-up. It just destroys the story. Hopefully when naruto comes out of this one he'll be way better then he came out of the other one.
    If there is indeed a timeskip Naruto will have to improve dramatically he is the main char after all, and he'll have to be able to atleast stay on even ground with Pain/Sasuke/Madara.

Although I'd like a timeskip to happen (to see new char designs) I don't think it will happen, what will happen imo is: Naruto will go somewhere to train (maybe the frogs mountain) while the story focuses on Kakashi and Sakura.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there will be another timeskip right after the six months jiraiya menction at the beggining of part two.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

At the end of part one jiraiya said akatsuke and oro were going to make their moves again in three years.
    J-man and naruto returned to konoha two and a half years after they left for training which leaves 6 months before akatsuke can complete their plans.
    Yamato also mentions that they still had some time befor the six months are up, but probably he was talking about oro getting sasuke only.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

The manga is heading Full speed ahead, i still don't see any reason for a timeskip.
    Last edited by benelori; August 13, 2010 at 10:49 AM.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member naru_naru's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

what i dont understand is how will a timeskip fix anything? the enemies will also be active, not to mention naruto will have to be learning 2 times faster than the enemy to even think of catching him up. we have seen in part 2 naruto has been made to look like a slow learner, contrary to what was developed in part 1 (he was stupid but he learned fast via trail and error). techniques such as KB training only enhances naruto's learning capacity to equal that of the geniuses, such as naruto current enemies and sasuke. therefore with a time skip naruto will only catch up to or advance slightly further than the level of the enemies prior to the time skip, and during the time skip the enemies will have advanced again. the timeskip will not address the problem because simply put it didnt work the 1st time. anything else and i'll just be repeating my previous post

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member lazyboyrod's Avatar
    Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

We already had a little baby time skip, they went str8 from the fight with Itachi and Sasuke to Sasuke (new costume) and his new team, for all we know everyone is already in Konoha mourning Jiraiya's death.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mestizo311's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not in favor of a time skip nor do I think there will be a time skip. The only character that we think needs a time skip is Naruto. What are all the other characters going to be doing in the meantime. From the last chapter it looks like Sasuke and Madara are ready to proceed. Albeit they need some time to plan it out but it won't take as long as Naruto's training. We haven't seen what Naruto is capable of yet. Let's wait and see what Kishi can pull off with this.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member barril's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mestizo311 View Post
    I am not in favor of a time skip nor do I think there will be a time skip. The only character that we think needs a time skip is Naruto. What are all the other characters going to be doing in the meantime. From the last chapter it looks like Sasuke and Madara are ready to proceed. Albeit they need some time to plan it out but it won't take as long as Naruto's training. We haven't seen what Naruto is capable of yet. Let's wait and see what Kishi can pull off with this.
    That's a good point. And that's why Naruto will probably go somewhere to train while the manga goes on and focuses on Kakashi and Sakura as Kishi said he would do.

As for the underlined part, if Naruto was already very strong TKB training wouldn't have been introduced.

New Reply
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast